[129] Next Jab is a Straight 4

Jin Seo-yoon confirmed her position through her husband's attitude, gestures, and tone of speech, and her husband's demeanor during their dating and honeymoon period passed like a mirage.

Actions that were no different from a courtier escorting a princess. A husband who would always adjust his mood, even if she got annoyed or threw tantrums.

Such a man started to change after marriage, sharing the same bed, mixing their flesh, and having children.

He began to demand that his wife play the role of the best ladder for his success, not a princess. Jin Seo-yoon also saw her husband as a tool to help her secure control over the Sunyang Group.

If they had remained tools for each other, they might have been a match made in heaven, but it was already too late.

Jin Seo-yoon chose to join hands with her nephew, Jin Do-jun, while her husband, Mayor Choi, chose to extend both legs, one into the Sunyang Group and one into Daehyun. If they couldn't reconcile their differences, they could simply be separated.

"You were supposed to do as I told you. That was the best path for us... But you've crossed the line, intoxicated by that meager power. Do you think you've become the Seoul Mayor all by yourself?"

"Honey, you're misunderstanding. It's not like that! I just wanted to broaden my options..."

"Don't be ridiculous. I secured 40 billion won for your election campaign, and it was Oh Sehyun, the Representative, who exposed Choi Gyeongyeol's extramarital affair. Do you know that?"

"What? That...?"

"You thought it was luck, right? There's no such thing as that kind of luck in this world. Whether you know it or not, someone is always pulling the strings behind the scenes, and results are achieved. I don't want to talk any longer. If you keep bothering me, I'll file for divorce tomorrow. Consider this my last favor, take it."

Jin Seo-yoon left her husband in the bedroom and walked out of the house. Thinking about staying in a hotel until her husband packed up and left made her feel strangely relieved.

Mayor Choi, left alone, sat on the bed, overwhelmed with confusion.

Thinking about what would happen next, his vision blurred white.

The fact that he had been discarded by the Sunyang Group would probably leak through the Sunyang Intelligence Team, and the rumor about the Seoul Mayor starting a separation would spread through high-end gossip channels.

Most of the law firms run by his family were mainly involved with the Sunyang Group, so cutting off his source of income was only a matter of time.

And the most important mayoral re-election had gone down the drain. There was no way the party would nominate him, given that he had no political backers.

Mayor Choi knew it too well. To prevent all of this from happening, divorce was absolutely not an option.

"Don't you think it's a good idea? Separating the subsidiaries is easy, and so is consolidating them into one."

"If you're really willing to give it all up, it's not a bad idea. But did the young lady come up with this?"

"Yes, that's right. That kid came up with it on her own. She's quite clever when it comes to securing what's hers. Heh."

Lee Hak-jae couldn't agree with Chairman Jin's idea. He couldn't imagine Jin Seo-yoon thinking in such a way.

"Because of her excessive greed for the entire group, she keeps making mistakes and missing important things. If she continues like this, she'll end up with just a few subsidiary companies. She won't be part of the Sunyang anymore. Why did she suddenly abandon her greed and become more realistic?"