[165] Mutual Interview 1

"Saying that you need to hire new people who fit you is essential, but you should never look down on those who've been with you for a long time. You have to make the departure of those retiring graceful. It's a big problem if they feel humiliated."

It was his concern for those who had been together for a long time.

Since my first face-to-face meeting may have seemed overly aggressive, I wanted to put Grandfather's mind at ease.

"I will keep those individuals in their positions for the time being. If they demonstrate sufficient competence, I see no need to replace them."

"No."

"Yes?"

"It's just a matter of timing; those friends need to be sorted out. We need to make sure that every employee understands that times have changed. The most effective way to make them realize it's your era, not mine, is to hit their heads."

Once again.

This was not said with the people's best interests in mind.

"When sorting them out, we must minimize any negative effects that may occur. Nevertheless, they were loyal to Sunyang. We need to ensure that there are no people who consider being ruthlessly cut as their future. A person who feels betrayed will inevitably betray. Do you know why?"

"Is it because they can justify their own betrayal?"

"Exactly."

Grandfather looked at me with a satisfied smile.

"If they have no shortcomings to criticize right to the end, treat them well enough so they won't be disappointed. But if there's anything to be concerned about, ruthlessly trim the excess. The rest of their days with Sunyang should serve as an example for the company, for better or worse."

"I will keep that in mind."

I was on the verge of chuckling.

Does grandfather truly harbor no affection even as small as a handful? Sunyang Life's President Yang Woo-chan has been a close associate for over thirty years, but there seems to be no sign of any consideration for him.

Will I become like this too?

"Well, I'll meet Vice President Jang Dohyung once. We can decide what to do afterward."

"President Jang is someone I don't know well, but he seems to have a good reputation. Oh, by the way, he's no pushover."

"At his age, rising from Sunyang to Vice President is quite an achievement, don't you think?"

"If you and he get along well, it could be a good combination. Haha."

We should indeed get along.

Jang Dohyung rises to the position of Vice President, but eventually he's the one who slips.

This is because Jang Dohyung's ambitious and aggressive style of corporate management didn't sit well with Jin Young-ki when he took over as the Chairman and began transforming the company into a global financial conglomerate hub for the entire world's financial networks.

For Jin Young-ki, the financial conglomerate was merely a place to keep the controlling stake and withdraw money from it as needed.

Jang Dohyung, who aspired to make this company globally significant, was incompatible with Jin Young-ki. Jin Young-ki promoted those who conformed to his ideas to the position of CEO, and Jang Dohyung couldn't escape the role of a pawn.

This is the hidden story that I know, but I need to confirm it.

Is Vice President Jang Dohyung a good fit for me? Does he truly possess the abilities required to expand into a global corporation?