[039] Is Luck on Your Side Too? 1

What made it evident that it was an extremely urgent situation was the fact that Chairman Jin himself rushed to the headquarters to convene a meeting.

In attendance were the presidents and executives of Sunyang Electronics and Sunyang Industries, including Lee Hak-jae, as well as the Osaka branch manager who had taken the first flight to the conference room.

As the door to the conference room creaked open and Chairman Jin appeared, everyone stood up in surprise, but Chairman Jin gestured for them to sit.

"Just sit down. Do you have any sense of decorum left?"

Once Chairman Jin took his seat at the head of the table, the Osaka branch manager began to speak.

"There was a major fire. Due to an explosion at the Suji Plant in Ehime, production is impossible."

"The local investigation team has already left on the first flight today. The Ministry of Aerial Resources will also depart tomorrow."

The report from the president of Sunyang Electronics followed.

"Currently, the inventory we have is only enough for four months. If we can't resume production in four months..."

"Normal operation of the Ehime Plant won't be possible until next year." The Osaka branch manager said, eyeing Chairman Jin's expression.

"Sumitomo announced that they are urgently switching the product lines of two of their own factories. It seems that the supply issue will be resolved."

"Seems? Will be resolved?"

Veins on Chairman Jin's forehead popped as he responded.

"You're just making guesses like the guy next door? What the hell are you doing!"

The Osaka branch manager quickly lowered his head.

For now, it's all just speculation. He didn't have the confidence to speak confidently and then bear the responsibility if it turned out to be wrong.

This year's sales target is 10 trillion won, operating profit is 1.5 trillion won, and we're the world's top memory semiconductor manufacturer.

The only person who can shoulder these daunting numbers is Chairman Jin.

"Under no circumstances should the factories stop! Hey, Son Hoon-jae!"

"Yes, Chairman."

"Secure supplies from the United States."

Son Hoon-jae, the president of Sunyang Industries, had to say the difficult words while sweating.

"Dow Chemical in the United States has already signed an exclusive contract with Intel. It's impossible to secure supplies."

"I've heard that domestic companies also produce epoxy packaging. If we can secure all their supplies, can't we prevent the production line from stopping?" Lee Hak-jae, the head of the Suji Plant, asked the president of Sunyang Electronics, but he received only a negative response.

"Domestic products are only suitable for 1 megabit or less. They can't keep up in terms of quality for our flagship product, which is 4 megabits."

They all repeated that it wouldn't work and it was difficult, but Chairman Jin didn't explode in anger. He knew that relentlessly pressing the issue wouldn't yield any solutions, as epoxy resin was a market monopolized by Sumitomo.

"Sumitomo is one of the three major conglomerates in Japan, surviving even after the conglomerate dismantling. Although its external recognition is relatively low, it has many unexpected businesses.