[050] A Household with No Choice 3

"The companies that submitted bids for the sale of Hando Steel are Sunyang Group, Daehyun Group, and Miracle Investment. After considering the prices and non-price factors submitted by these three, the acquirer of Hando Steel is..." People watching the breaking news on TV collectively swallowed hard. "It has been decided to award the bid to Sunyang Group, who bid 2.16 trillion won."

"That's right!"

"Phew."

"Congratulations, Chairman Ji."

The people gathered in Daehyun Group's chairman's office smiled widely, glancing at Chairman Joo Young-il.

Chairman Ju himself couldn't help but smile.

"It went according to plan, but... Chairman Jin, he's quite stingy. He could have just bid 2.3 trillion won instead of ending it with 10 billion won less."

"Still, it's quite an increase, isn't it? If you hadn't pushed, Chairman, Hando Steel would have been taken for 800 billion won plus 1 billion dollars."

There were some regrets, but in any case, the goal had been achieved.

Now Sunyang Group's barn was empty.

"Was Hando Steel a good acquisition?"

"Yes, it was. Sunyang didn't really lose out. Anyway, they were going to dive into the steel business, and with Hando Steel, they can start easily."

"But what about that Miracle Investment? Because of them, we've become the villains."

"Thanks to them, they had an excuse to exclude us from the judging panel."

Chairman Joo still couldn't shake off his suspicion.

"Is the investigation ongoing?"

"Yes. There doesn't seem to be anything unusual on the surface. They invest in IT and the film industry, and they also pour money into Japan. It's extensive, but... the identity of the owner is concealed."

"We need to find out who the owners are quickly. If it's just a simple private equity fund, that's fine, but it's unsettling that the CEO is Korean."

"I'll hurry."

"Well, then, should we start the main game?"

As soon as Chairman Joo's words were spoken, a thick file was placed in front of the meeting attendees.

"In 1991, if someone hadn't reported the Soosu corruption, A-jin Automobile would have been absorbed by Sunyang Automobile."

"Sunyang was unlucky too. It just had to happen at that time."

Daehyun Group never imagined that someone from Sunyang's bloodline was the whistleblower.

"Chairman Jin of Sunyang came up with a great strategy. This report is about 'The Necessity of Restructuring the Domestic Automotive Industry and Government Support.'"

Chairman Joo Young-il glanced at the report for a moment and then put it down.

"Even though it's the end of the regime, they will still give Daehyun its final gift. Hando, Sammi, Jinro, and Samrip - four major groups have gone bankrupt. Blaming it on the reckless management of large corporations might not be received poorly by public opinion."

It was a cruel spring. But it was also a warning sound signaling the imminent danger to the Korean economy, unnoticed by anyone.

However, the subsequent report pleased Chairman Joo even more.

"A-jin is the fourth-largest in the business world. It's the result of their reckless expansion. The internal situation is even worse than it was in 1991. Their main bank, even without us pressing them, is considering loan recalls."