[122] Iron Fist and The Hundred-Year Guest 4

"Aunt, did you not have anyone by Uncle Choi's side?"

"Huh? What do you mean, someone?"

She was too dismissive of her husband. She would assign people one by one to her brothers, monitoring what they were doing—of course, she would also be monitored in return—but she hadn't assigned anyone to her husband.

"I thought you had at least one of your people among the market secretary or assistants. Weren't they the ones he's been with since his days as a prosecutor?"

"Oh..."

Aunt was certain that her husband was not a threat to her. And now she was paying the price for her complacency. Including me, damn it.

"Ms. Jin, it seems there might be changes around Mayor Choi. Seoul's annual budget has exceeded 10 trillion won for the first time this year. Won't such a huge amount of money attract trouble?"

In twenty years, it would probably triple, wouldn't it? Whether it's now or twenty years from now, it feels like all we do is pay more taxes.

"So, does that mean there's someone trying to meddle with our guy?"

"The possibility is high."

Aunt found it hard to agree with Oh Se-hyun's opinion. Of course.

Unless you're a crazy fly, who would want to instigate a fight with the prosecution? Her husband's current actions were undoubtedly his own choice.

As Aunt and Oh Sehyun exchanged opinions, their conversation flowed into my ears.

Who could it be?

If they're ignoring even their essential wife, who's also a money source and necessary for the presidential election, it's not just a fly, but an eagle that's sticking around.

Until we know who he is, it's useless to nag them.

"Aunt."

"Yes."

The two of them stopped their conversation and turned their gaze to me.

"Is there anyone among Uncle Choi's close associates who Aunt could order around? Can you think of anyone?"

"Well, I haven't paid much attention..."

"Talk to people and find out. Uncle Choi values academic background and connections with the prosecution, so look for someone who fit into that circle."

Aunt nodded. She was a quick-witted woman who could instantly grasp my meaning.

"And now, stop nagging. It seems like everything that's been bottled up is about to explode. No one can stop it."

"Hold back? What have you been holding back?"

"Wives, whether they are daughters of conglomerates or ordinary people, have one thing in common. In a marriage, they often believe that wives are much more patient and tolerant than husbands."

Just as I was about to speak, the impatient Oh Sehyun began to talk. "Ms. Jin, men living in their in-laws' homes often lead a stifled life. Mayor Choi was a lawyer, but didn't he live as an unemployed person without taking any cases? Thanks to the Sunyang Group, he was able to make a living. No matter what you say, didn't he live while nodding his head in agreement with everything? He lived hiding his pride."

He said it as if he was talking about his own affairs, but it didn't seem to resonate. Since talking further would be useless, Oh Sehyun sighed.

I had to end the discussion with Aunt here. Isn't it clear that it's beyond control?