[041] Is Luck on Your Side Too? 3

"But will Sumitomo really hand over epoxy manufacturing technology to us? NEC, Hitachi, Toshiba, and other competing companies won't just sit idly by, will they? It's almost like handing over a sword."

When Chairman Jin brought up practical issues, Lee Hak-jae smiled slyly and proposed a clever solution.

"The chemical company in Cheonan has no connection to Sunyang. We can acquire that company using the money currently sleeping in Miracle."

Just now, Lee Hak-jae had presented a solution for how to use the 100 billion won that might never be found due to financial transparency regulations.

A smile appeared on Chairman Jin's face when he heard this.

"Proceed immediately."

With Chairman Jin's approval, Lee Hak-jae promptly summoned Oh Se-hyun.

"Mr. Lee, you're not suggesting the same thing again, are you?"

"It's a different story. We need to make an investment."

Seeing Lee Hak-jae's relaxed smile, Oh Se-hyun felt uneasy. Could it be that they had found a way to recover the money?

"An investment?"

"Yes, Chairman Oh. I hope you won't say that we can't use our money for investments in other places, right?"

"It's possible. But you're investing under the name of Miracle, not Sunyang, right? Is that correct?"

"Of course. Absolutely. In return, Sunyang will have influence over the company we invest in. Can you agree to that?"

"Are you suggesting sending one of our executives to exercise management control over the company?"

"Of course."

"What's the name of the company... that you're talking about?"

"It's called Eugene Chemical. It's located in Cheonan."

"Negotiate the details with that company and let me know. I'll release the funds right away."

For the first time in a while, the two men concluded their meeting without raising their voices.

When I read my grandfather's report in his study and learned about this, I understood why Sumitomo Chemical had been bothering him.

It's a bomb that can be used once in a critical moment. But my grandfather managed to intercept it first.

What's fortunate for me is that I also have a foothold in it thanks to Miracle.

And I've got another opportunity to draw out my grandfather's admiration.

I didn't let go of the report until my grandfather entered the study.

"Huh? What are you looking at right now, Do-Jun?"

My sudden act of placing the documents on the desk surprised my grandfather as well.

"Ah, well..."

"Did you sneak a look at the documents again?"

Again? Did he already know?

"This kid. Why are you so surprised? Did you think I wouldn't find out?"

Seeing his slightly smiling expression, I lowered my head and scratched my head.

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine. Actually, I find it commendable. You're the only one who shows such interest in the company's affairs."