[027] A Miracle-Like Investment Company 3

"Oh, no. I like them."

It's not that hamburgers are important. Maybe it means that they'll meet casually for a light lunch?

The feeling that Dell Computer was getting farther away.

I lay in the comfortable hotel room, but I couldn't fall asleep easily.

I stayed awake until dawn, pondering how to turn rejection into acceptance.

At 1 p.m., as we entered the Wendy's store on Round Rock Road, we saw a long line.

Since there was a nearby Texas State University, the store was filled with college students.

"Darn it. They all look so similar. How are we going to find him?"

The store had a typical Southern atmosphere. The men were all wearing jeans and checkered shirts, and they all looked so similar that I couldn't possibly find Michael Dell.

A middle-aged Asian man who was wandering around caught my eye instead.

"Hey, Mr. Oh?"

I turned around at the sound of "Mr. Oh."

A young man with a straw in his cola cup.

It was the 24-year-old Michael Dell.

At 27, the youngest among the world's top 500 billionaires, and at 34, officially recording a fortune of $21.4 billion, he was a young giant who was no different from any other college student.

Of course, he is still among the ranks of millionaires.

"Mr. Dell?"

"Yes."

He handed me a paper bag with a hamburger and gestured with his eyes.

Where does he want me to follow him?

Leading the way, he walked out of the store and headed to a nearby park.

He sat down on a bench and gave a faint smile.

"Is this better? It's too noisy in there."

"Yeah, it's nice here."

"And that guy...?"

"Oh, Mr. Dell. Shall I say you have a fan?"

"A fan? Haha."

Michael laughed and then extended his hand to Sehyun Oh.

"Just call me Mike."

"Sure, I'm James."

Michael Dell shook hands lightly and gave me a sly smile.

"Now, please tell me your business. I have to go back to the office in 15 minutes."

Fifteen minutes was all we had.

Sehyun Oh's speech quickened.

"Our Miracle Investment wants to invest in your company. The investment amount and terms..."

Dell's hand holding the hamburger went up.

"No need for investment. We have enough capital."

There was a hint of annoyance in his eyes.

The company's capital was sufficient - $30 million. It was already widely known in the industry.

If you didn't even know this information, it meant you lacked the basics of an investor, so Dell's eyes clearly showed that he underestimated Oh Sehyun.

If someone welcomes investment with open arms, they are likely an amateur. Investment often dilutes the founder's ownership and can even lead to debt. Receiving just the right amount of investment is the right approach for a responsible manager.