[190] Evidence Gathering 1

"I heard that the kids messed up. I apologize, Director."

"It wasn't planned, and it happened suddenly, so it was difficult to respond. And... it's a foreign country, isn't it? There were also language issues. Please don't worry too much."

Seeing Vice President Woo's stern expression made me even more uncomfortable.

"Since it's not a big deal, let's leave it to Mr. Moon."

"Thank you for understanding."

"Well then, shall we take a look at what mistakes I made in the past, what wrongdoings I committed?"

I knew it wasn't a big deal, but my palms were sweating.

With a slight smile, Woo Byung-jun took out a small notebook from his pocket.

"It seems Director, you were quite dull."

There wasn't anything special, right?

"Cousins often get up to mischief during adolescence, but you remained devoted... no, dedicated to your studies."

"I mainly focused on my studies in college, so there's nothing significant to mention."

"Don't be too sure of yourself."

Woo Byung-jun chuckled and handed over the notebook.

"Tracing hidden accounts is impossible at this point. I've determined that all domestic accounts are open and there are no hidden ones. You're quite wealthy."

Oh, this person is laughing? Would he be laughing like this if he had uncovered hidden accounts?

"I don't have any money hidden under a pseudonym. It's all legitimately earned money, so there's nothing to hide."

"Is that so? I find the U.S. Miracle Investment the most suspicious, but it's difficult to trace them with my capabilities, so I gave up."

"Surely not? It's the U.S. If any financial misconduct is discovered, one would spend a lifetime in jail. There's no dirty money."

"Then it must be legal money. The question of how much remains, but... Anyway, there aren't many weak points that most Korean conglomerates would have. I don't think anyone would find a vulnerability through such matters."

"Does that mean there are other matters where someone might find a vulnerability?"

"There are some slightly immoral matters, but nothing that could be exploited as a weakness. Whether it was well hidden or if you refrained from the start..."

"Which side do you think I'm on, Mr. Woo?"

"I'd say the former. A twenty-something with overflowing money and boiling blood. It's quite difficult to restrain one's instincts."

"I have a girlfriend. You're aware, aren't you?"

"Are you talking about the future judge who's currently enduring the murderous schedule at the Judicial Training Institute?"

"Yes."

"Isn't it even difficult to meet once a month? It's rather absurd for you to confidently claim you have a girlfriend."

A subtle smile crept onto Woo Byung-jun's lips as he responded.

"It seems you've found something. You mentioned something about slightly immoral matters?"

"There's a ten-pro behind the Sangrok Club in Gangnam."

"Hahaha!"

Laughter is the best way to hide one's embarrassment.