[101] Wandering Patient 1

When I grasped the fraying edges of consciousness, my mind was filled with nothing but injustice.

Had I not remembered the year when Jun Jin-do, the real Jun Jin-do, died? I thought it was when I was twenty, but was it not?

And I was infuriated by God's plan to end the miracle of my second life in a mere ten years. This wasn't a joke.

There was more.

Now that I had barely prepared to begin the long battle, I hadn't even started, and thinking about the money piling up in my account made me feel even more unjust. No, am I already dying?

Lastly, I was most enraged that the Jin family hadn't kneeled before me.

Damn it.

How did my life turn out like this?

Not only were both deaths public spectacles, but I also had to carry memories of injustice and anger.

"Are you awake?"

A bright light that made it impossible to open my eyes.

A harsh, clattering sound created by the flick of fingers in my ear.

Was I alive? Or perhaps, had I finished some major surgery and was still teetering between life and death?

But I felt my body jerking. Moreover, the blurry vision in my hazy sight didn't feel unfamiliar.

It was just like what I had seen on TV or in movies.

An ambulance?

"Ha... Han..."

I had to tell them. Would revealing the true identity of the chairman of the Sunyang Group make them pay more attention to me?

"Ah... Please... be okay..." The words whispered in my ear were barely audible. Did it mean it was okay?

"Sun... Yang... Group..."

"Yes? Sunyang Group?"

"Chairman... the old man's the chairman." I lost consciousness again.

"Hey! Did he just say the old man's the chairman of the Sunyang Group?"

"Yes, that old man... he somehow looked familiar."

The paramedics exchanged glances before quickly taking out their mobile phones.

"How's the patient over there?"

"Calm down, you! Hang up, you punk."

"That old man looks like the chairman of the Sunyang Group. Check it thoroughly."

Gasp! After hearing a gasp from the phone, annoyance surged again.

Right. It's that face he saw on TV. Damn. This isn't an ordinary situation...

"I'll contact the hospital, so keep an eye on his condition. If anything goes wrong, it'll be a problem for all of us."

With a mixture of pity, anxiety, worry, and fear, the ambulances raced to Gongju Medical Center in Chungnam.

Outside the emergency room, the medical staff waiting anxiously showed signs of distress as they assessed the condition of the patient brought in by the ambulances.

"Breathing is faint, and there's severe bleeding. It seems like everything below the chest is twisted. The pelvis..."

"I understand. Let's go quickly."

Before the doctor could finish speaking, the medical staff rushed toward the operating room with all their strength.

A hospital staff member who didn't follow them to the operating room asked the paramedic, "What about the conditions of the other patients?"