[177] Spring Has Come 3

In theory, they are security or bodyguards, but in reality, they are not much different from reformed gangsters who are drawing a salary. Of course, they are not real gangsters; they are mostly former security personnel or military veterans, but much of what they do outside of their security duties could be considered illegal.

Would I ever have to give them other tasks?

"What's got you so shocked?"

"It's just that there are so many of them."

"Don't think about increasing the numbers because they're insufficient."

Seeing Grandfather's meaningful smile, I realized the temptation of illegality was powerful. They say that fists are closer than the law. When problems arise, a word is enough to discreetly and neatly solve them. With a well-trained force of 50 people at your disposal, who wouldn't be tempted to use them when needed?

"Manager Woo will prioritize your instructions from now on. He will be available 24/7, so contact him whenever you need."

"Will he handle anything and everything?"

"Yes, he will handle everything as you wish. But don't forget one thing: avoid tasks that might hurt their pride."

"Such as handling women or getting involved in petty crimes like drunk driving and hit-and-runs?"

"Why are you bringing that up? Even if it were true, those matters are handled by the strategy team, right?"

I know well, but my past memories suddenly came back so vividly that I just mentioned it once.

"That's right. I have no idea what tasks I'll assign Manager Woo."

"Good, then. If you don't need to call Manager Woo, it means things are going well. But Do-jun."

"Yes."

"While you're driving safely, what if some crazy person rear-ends your car? What will you do?"

"I'd call the insurance company and report it to the police."

"Exactly. Manager Woo is the one who handles that, just like an insurance company."

"At least it means he'll prevent unjust losses."

"Not only that. When used well, he can make someone unjustly lose their mind."

Grandfather laughed casually as he spoke, proving once again that he was a villain.

"But, Grandfather."

"What? Do you still have questions?"

"Manager Woo... How much can we trust him?"

Grandfather answered without any hesitation or thought.

"He's the kind of person who knows your deepest, darkest secrets, and he'd die with that knowledge all to himself. Is that answer enough for you?"

"I see. I understand. I'll make good use of him."

"And you also need to prepare."

"Yes. Please tell me what I need to prepare."

"With the group splitting up, you also need to split up the legal team. What should we do? Should I send a few people?"

The group's legal team consists of people who used to receive your scholarship while working as prosecutors. They abandoned their legal careers to work for you after taking your money. They aren't the best and brightest, and they mainly handle internal group affairs. When significant legal issues arise, they eventually delegate the work to a large law firm.