[100] Unavoidable Fate 4

"Why are these guys so surprised? Think about Father's age. It wouldn't be strange if he passed away suddenly tomorrow. The succession process isn't even complete yet. There are no plans for such contingencies..."

The lawyers changed their expressions. They shouldn't cause any unnecessary misunderstandings. After all, he's the eldest son and the vice chairman.

"Chairman's shares are 23% owned by the Chairman's wife, and the children each inherit around 15%. In this state..."

"Is there a will? Is there a valid will?"

"We don't know. Among the group's legal team, no one has received a separate will. But we can't be certain. There might be one among the Chairman's personal lawyers."

"But Vice Chairman, in my opinion, there probably isn't a separate will. Inheritance tax on group shares would be enormous. We've been working on avoiding that.... If there exists a personal will, it would likely encompass all of Chairman's personal assets except for the group shares. Land, houses, personal belongings, that sort of thing."

Unless it's an illegal inheritance, they might have to pay hundreds of billions or even trillions in taxes. That's why most conglomerate families use illegal gifting to pass down ownership while they're still alive.

No one believes that Chairman Jin would pay inheritance tax properly.

"So, if we assume there's no separate will and they inherit equally? What happens to control of the company?"

"It gets complicated. Depending on how it's divided, the ownership of the chairman's office will change."

"What if Mother takes my side?"

"Accurate calculations are needed, but... Oh, right, isn't the third son, President Jin Sang-gi, your person? If your mother and President Jin Sang-gi are the only ones by Chairman's side, there shouldn't be any problems."

Vice Chairman Jin Yeong-gi's face brightened when he heard the hopeful analysis.

"It should be okay, but... still, it would be best to finish the succession work before Father passes away."

At that moment, one of the lawyers slapped his forehead and spoke up.

"Oh, there's one variable. When you transferred Sunyang Motors, around 17% of the shares went along with it."

"Oh dear. I forgot about that. Darn it."

His once brightened face furrowed again.

"The U.S. capital, it shouldn't be a significant variable, right?"

"I heard that Miracle Oh Se-hyun is close with Jin Yoon-gi, the CEO..."

The lawyer had a somewhat worried expression.

"Yoon-gi is into the film business, so he's not interested in family feuds. It should be okay."

Vice Chairman Jin Yeong-gi raised his hand lightly, thinking of his youngest brother. However, he hadn't forgotten that his previously disinterested brother had suddenly emerged as a significant factor in the equation.

"Okay, now get out."

The lawyers bowed and left, and then the suppressed frustration exploded.

"These damn situations!"

The youngest, who hadn't cared about anything until now, suddenly grasped a knife. Moreover, it was just one knife, and it was on the verge of turning into two.

Even thinking about it sent shivers down his spine.

CEO Jin Yeong-gi asked for a cigarette, which he used to smoke occasionally when he drank. He knew that his office, with its glass walls, couldn't ventilate cigarette smoke, but right now, cigarettes were the only thing that could calm his agitated mind.