[133] The Last Struggle at the End of the Century 1

Oh Sehyun quickly turned his head. He had already confirmed the purchase of the land and the construction costs for the build site. To calculate the profit rate, he would have to entrust it to the construction company employees.

"It shouldn't be difficult to entrust it, right? In fact, we should be thankful, if anything. But I don't think they'll just hand it over." Oh Sehyun sharply scrutinized aunt's face. He noticed her uncomfortable expression, and his posture gradually changed.

It seemed like someone wanted to show who had the upper hand in this situation.

"Just in case you didn't know, the cost is quite generous. It's the amount set before the division of the family... a kind of job funneling, internal transaction, you know."

"So, it's even more suspicious? Why..."

Pretending not to know, he continued to press for answers. He wanted to hear the words he wanted from aunt's mouth.

"Please cut me some slack. We need to break free from this capital pressure, and this seems to be the only way. I'm begging you."

"Let's do it as a loan, is that what you're saying?"

In the end, he listened to the plea until the end.

"I'll pay it back, including the interest, from the start of operations. In installments..." Aunt spoke in a voice mixed with unwarranted coyness.

"Isn't the contract already completed? With Sunyang Construction?"

"I can handle that. I've already tied the contract with money as a restraint. Besides, it's an internal transaction contract, so there should be no problem."

If it were her, I would never start a new business.

The timing is terrible. Just when the large mart is established and barely breaking even, another crisis is approaching.

There are signs of the economy starting to revive, so Aunt's mind is probably filled with bright prospects for the future right now. I'm the only one who knows what will happen in a few years.

"Anyway, there's one decisive factor, right? Since it's a credit transaction, how much collateral should we secure, isn't that right?"

Aunt doesn't look pleased. "Well, I trusted Chairman Oh... Collateral, I'm a bit taken aback."

"If you borrow money from a friend and a bank at the same time, you usually pay back the bank first. That's what trust is. It's about opening up possibilities in my favor. If it goes against me, I might feel betrayed. Trust? It easily crumbles in the face of money."

In front of the determined Oh Sehyun, Aunt was at a loss for words.

"Uncle, let's start the process quickly, shall we? How about reviewing these documents?"

At my gesture, Oh Sehyun took the documents.

"We'll try to find a balance that neither of us will be too disappointed with. Then..."

He left the rest to me.

As soon as Oh Sehyun left the hotel room, Aunt exploded in anger.

"That guy, what on earth is he? I offer my help, and he comes out with that kind of attitude!"

"Aunt, he knows your weakness."

"What do you mean?"

"Just by glancing at the financial books, he can see through the company's situation. He realized that you were going to take back the department store shares from Grandfather before you even got them. He has no fears, so he comes out with that kind of boldness."