[111] Where is my Place? 2

"Father, I'd like to meet Do-jun."

"You?"

"Yes, I want to meet him and see through his intentions, convince him to give up early."

Jin Yeong-gi looked at his son with suspicion. "Don't do something unnecessary. He might have had an accident on the way to Gunsan. We might not have heard the news yet. If you go, you'll just end up providing information."

"So, you want to see what's on his mind, right? I already know that Do-jun has accumulated a considerable amount of money. He can afford to enjoy life. He might not be interested in group business, and yet Grandfather insists on pressuring him for no reason."

The persuasive words seemed convincing, and Jin Yeong-gi's heart was slightly swayed.

"Yes, Yeong-jun's point might have some validity, Father."

Han Seo-young, who had been following in the car, chimed in. Jin Yeong-gi, the vice-chairman, sometimes found his daughter-in-law's interjections irritating, but he occasionally let her be, especially when she made sensible comments.

One reason was that she still didn't fully understand the family atmosphere.

"Why are you saying that?"

"I heard he's been carrying around Miracle business cards lately. There's no need to carry business cards to learn about investments. Just looking at a monitor in the office should be enough." When Han Seo-young saw her father-in-law showing some interest, she enthusiastically continued. "He's always seen with President Oh Se-hyun, like a secretary. He's definitely learning about corporate M&A. And studying law is essential for M&A. Do-jun probably isn't interested in the group."

It sounded reasonable at first glance. But the temptation of the name "Sunyang" was too great to simply abandon his interest.

"Yeong-jun, you said you'd convince Do-jun to give up. Do you think that's possible?"

"He mentioned it when he graduated from high school. He asked if it wouldn't be better to become an heir of Sunyang Group instead of inheriting a subsidiary with no prospects."

"What? An heir?"

"Yes, isn't Do-jun smart? He'd be perfect as an aide."

"So? What do you suggest?"

"At the time, I didn't understand it well because I was young. But Father, you see, the youngest ones usually prefer to live comfortably in the shade of a big tree rather than struggling on their own."

Even though his son's metaphorical talk was somewhat annoying, Jin Yeong-gi considered it. If he could persuade him, and even further, if he could convince him, it wouldn't be a bad thing.

After all, wasn't he the best student and the most diligent one in the family? If he could be used as an aide, it would be a crowning achievement.

"Alright. Meeting him once wouldn't hurt. He had an accident, after all, so it's a good opportunity to check on his well-being."

"Yes, leave it to me."

"Don't rush ahead too much and finish within reasonable limits." He didn't forget to advise his impatient son once again.

"Hey, Yeong-jun..." As his father ascended the stairs to this floor, Han Seo-young quickly turned to her husband.

"Why?" Jin Yeong-jun stared fiercely at his wife, who was trying to call his attention, and silenced her. "If you have nothing useful to say, stop it. Didn't I say that? Lie low like a mouse for a year. I told you that just a while ago. Why are you interrupting when Father is speaking? So audacious!"