[017] The Era of Ordinary People 2

"Oh, this is too big of a task for me! Haha." The boisterous laughter of Representative Park.

It was a laugh that revealed a greatly improved mood.

"Since the chairman has made such a significant decision, my shoulders feel much lighter. Very well, I will draft an appropriate proposal."

"To some extent, you should be prepared... Our honorable representative, you should avoid being on the President's blacklist. Please paint a picture that will satisfy him. Hoho."

A further step back and concession. What is Grandfather's intention?

"Oh, I understand now. My senses were a bit dull... Please tell me, Chairman."

Oh, I see. I also didn't catch on. There must have been a reason for such a concession!

Although I could not see his expression from behind, Grandfather seemed to be smiling.

"So, I will boldly bring up a matter. Last year, people were talking about democratization, and now even workers are taking to the streets, right? It's like when a squid jumps, a mackerel also jumps. We're barely making ends meet as it is."

"Oh, are you talking about that issue?"

"Yes, it's a general strike or something. There are no factories operating properly now. As soon as the company closes its doors, it's these people who sit on the streets... It's really..."

Riding the wave of democratization, workers poured onto the streets in search of their rights.

What Chairman Jin is talking about now is asking to stop them.

"Hmm... that issue is our top priority too. Don't worry too much. Since it's early in my tenure, I'm refraining from a strong crackdown, but it will be resolved before the Olympics."

"Would it be a problem if it lasts for a few months? Just guide us in the right direction."

"You don't need to worry about that part. Is there anything else?"

"These days, the Ministry of Unification must be really busy, right?"

"Do those kids ever have a moment of not being busy? Ah! Oh, I did it again without thinking... Haha."

Representative Park laughed while slapping his head.

"It seems that the unions are causing a lot of trouble."

"I've received several reports that their movements are unusual."

"I heard that your Sunyang's intelligence capabilities are on par with the Ministry of Unification. Can our people handle them?"

"Comparing a few fast employees of a business to a national intelligence agency is absurd. It's impossible."

Mobilizing even the Ministry of Unification? Just to monitor the labor union's activities?

The only reason they can freely use such powerful national institutions is the strength of the money they've invested until now.

Just how much election funds did they contribute?

"I'll try a few more lines. You should receive the results soon."

"Oh, this is a great consideration."

With Grandfather's final farewell, their private conversation came to an end. After exchanging compliments, I heard the sound of the door opening, and the footsteps gradually faded away.

Then, the sliding door creaked open, revealing Chairman Jin.

"Do-Jun, you waited a long time, didn't you? Have you eaten a lot?"