[121] Iron Fist and The Hundred-Year Guest 3

"Do-jun."

"Yes?"

"Do you think also think that this grandfather of yours is that nasty?"

"Why are you suddenly asking that?"

"I don't just let my sons fight, even encourages it, and seems to enjoy it when my grandson gets into trouble."

"Well... there's some truth to that. Hehe."

Though he said it seriously, I could only take it as a joke. I wanted to avoid making it more serious.

"It seems like you've figured out the purpose of the trip to Gunsan, now that you're not hiding your intentions."

"Yes. It's clear that both Uncle and Aunt are making an effort to bring me in."

"The one who fights and wins gets everything. I've never seen someone who just takes what's given and actually holds onto it. Do you know how many businesses disappeared over the 50-plus years since liberation? They all got everything handed to them, and that's why."

"It seems you're curious whether I'll get involved in that fight or not."

"No, I'm curious about how much more I need to give you. Haven't you been in the fight for a long time now?" Grandfather said with a twinkle in his eye.

Wait a minute, we need to clarify this. He's a meticulous man, and I can't make mistakes in calculations.

"Grandfather, what do you mean by giving me more... I haven't received anything yet."

"What did you say? Hey, you little thief. What's with you? Hehe."

"And Grandfather, there's something you must never forget."

"What now?"

"I saved your life. When the accident happened."

"Look at this guy. Even after the accident, you were perfectly fine!" His satisfied smile lasted only briefly as Grandfather lowered his voice again. "Do-jun."

"Yes?"

"You should give a piece of rice cake to the one who's crying."

Why would he suddenly say something so random?

"I can't help but think this when I see a child who's lacking: Our Do-jun will do just fine with a little less. If we give them the same, the other kids won't even have a chance to compete, especially their sons. That's what I think."

I understand Grandfather's feelings.

Bloodlines are a powerful thing.

I may have met my bloodline across one generation, but for the elders, isn't it across many generations?

I understand the pride that forces them to cloak the truth behind ability, without daring to utter the words "because of blood."

"Starting from tomorrow, I'll cry and show my shortcomings too. But until today, I'll continue to play the role of the accomplished grandson as you wish."

"How will you do that?"

"Grandfather, just do as you wish. Isn't the Sunyang Group yours?"

The affection for the Sunyang Group more than his own children. That's where I can place my hope.

"Hey, won't we face a backlash for this?"

"Private matters are even more frightening. Each word is like a dagger. Right now, Aunt's husband won't know what to do."