[068] Length of a Claw 3

"Theater?"

"Yes."

"Do-Jun, wouldn't it be better to invest in a high-rise building instead of a theater? If you find the right location, you can earn more from rent alone than most companies."

You can't stop my aunt-in-law once she starts talking, as if her husband has already become the mayor of Seoul.

"No, it's a bit different from a regular theater. I'm thinking about creating a new concept for a theater."

Maybe she knows what a multiplex is, or maybe not.

Since it's something they won't understand anyway, there's no need to explain it in detail.

"Ah, Yoon-gi is really blessed. His son not only provides start-up capital for what he wants to do, but also helps him come up with new business ideas... I envy him, really."

"That's right. Our brother is one of three, and he's using his sons' money to relax and enjoy life... Tsk tsk."

It's embarrassing to keep listening to the complaints of these two parents who don't have such talented children.

"Aunt, should I discreetly mention it to Grandfather?"

"What? No, don't!"

My jumped up in alarm, and I chuckled slightly before saying, "I should let Grandfather know. We need to understand why he's opposed to it. That way, we can try to convince him to change his mind."

"No, don't. Please don't." My aunt jumped up again.

It seems that the reason they want to turn my uncle into a political heavyweight is to prepare for the time when he opposes the family.

"Okay, okay, I understand. I won't tell Grandfather." I raised my finger to my lips. "I'll check the amount of money that Grandfather has set aside for the ruling party, and I'll also confirm how much funds I can mobilize."

Aunt and Aunt-in-law's husband held my hand one by one, looking at me as if I were their savior.

Perhaps making Aunt's husband into a political heavyweight would be a good idea.

"Do-Jun, I need to talk to you for a moment."

"Ah, am I late? I'm sorry for coming home late. I'll try to leave early from work."

"I'm not the kind of father who watches the clock to make sure his grown son comes home on time."

It's been a long time since I've seen my father with a solemn expression. For the past ten years, no matter how difficult it was, he never lost his smile... or was there really nothing difficult? Thanks to having a good son, he was able to prosper.

I need to hear what Aunt said and get to the bottom of this. But my father spoke words I had never expected.

"Today, my second brother came by in the morning, and in the evening, my sister visited. They had completely different conversations, but the desire was the same."

"Their desire...?"

My father smiled slightly. "Do you wonder more about what kind of conversation it was, rather than what they want?"

"The process isn't as important."

"Indeed. You're different from the usual, our son." Contrary to his gentle tone, my father's smile had already disappeared. "Shall we have a drink? It seems like the right time to relax and talk."

Before I could say anything, he stood up and went to the liquor cabinet, which was filled with bottles.

My father poured some alcohol into two glasses, handed one to me. "Shall we toast?"