Chapter 68

Sesshomaru has the Shikon Jewel. Was he using it to look for a way to wake me up? That's the most logical explanation I can come up with. "Do you perhaps have a clue where he might be at?" I ask Inuyasha, who avoids eye contact so I turn to Toga who also avoids my gaze.

Okay - That's not weird at all.

"What is the problem?" I inquire of them.

Toga gives out a discontented sigh and says, "He doesn't want to be found."

Again! "When was the last time you've seen him?" I interrogate Inuyasha and Toga, who exchange glances for a few moments.

"Maybe a year," Inuyasha's shoulders slump slightly.

What can he possibly be doing for a year that makes him that busy to show himself to his family? My mind races with possible scenarios, each more concerning than the last.

I rub my temples in frustration and say, "We'll have to look for Sesshomaru after Kikyo takes care of the Toxin fog."

Inuyasha rubs the back of his head and sighs, knowing that it won't be an easy task. After a few moments, we return to the cave to discuss the details with Kikyo. Surely, Toga is the one to speak. He starts off by glancing at Onigumo's body and says with a serious tone, "Make sure his body is burned to ash."

He shifts his anonymous gaze to a lighter one as he speaks with Kikyo, "I'm not sure what Inuyasha told you, so I'm going to give you a brief. There is a Toxin Fog on the Northern Border that has been up for nearly 50 years, which needs to be purified. Then, if you succeed, you will have to purify her as well."

He points at me, but Kikyo's facial expression shows how confused she is, so I decide to explain more, "Half of my soul is surrounded by a Toxin, which is a result of poison. Not any poison, but a God-killing poison that only one demon is capable of releasing."

"Sesshomaru," Kikyo casually says his name which confuses me. "Inuyasha told me everything," She elaborates while glancing at Inuyasha.

Okay, seems like he didn't leave anything out. But there's a flicker of something in her eyes, a hint of uncertainty that makes me wonder what she's not saying.

"I have to take a few things from my house, if you don't mind waiting," Kikyo says, and as we start to follow her, she halts and firmly says, "Here."

I chuckle at how Toga and Inuyasha were taken aback by her sharp tone. She immediately leaves, and Kaede shyly shows up. "Are you going to take my sister away?" She innocently asks.

I slowly approach her and answer, "We need her to help us. She is the only one who can do it, and those two scary demons behind me will protect her, so there is nothing for you to worry about."

Kaede glances at them. I can feel them digging a hole in the back of my head for saying that, but where is the fun in not teasing a couple of powerful demons?

A few minutes later, Kikyo returns with two men following her, one pulling a cart filled with wood and another carrying a lit torch. "Later, you will have to explain why you did that to this innocent man," Kikyo glares at Inu no Taisho.

Innocent man!

I burst into laughter like a madwoman, hearing those two unbearably annoying words. Ah! I wish Toga would be the one carrying the Tenseiga to bring that 'innocent man' back to life so I can rewatch Inuyasha but in Live Action.

Of course, Kikyo looks at me uncomfortably. Gosh! I'm acting like Athanasia now, but guess what! We are the same person.

"In another timeline, that man you so call innocent is the sole reason for stripping this world of its future, so be careful who you look after," I warn without considering to explain because a warning is enough. I have no energy left to keep everyone up to date.

I rub my temples and walk towards Toga. "We need to leave. The earlier we move, the earlier I get to rest," I say and get on Toga's back since I'm sure he will be against carrying Kikyo. Also, she is Inuyasha's responsibility anyway.

I hate third-wheeling even though the wheel hasn't been rolling yet.

We fly for nearly 30 minutes before passing by the forest, but as soon as we near it, Toga and Inuyasha halt while glancing at it. "Decided to finally show yourself, Sesshomaru," Toga smirks while whispering.

"Why have we stopped?" Kikyo exclaims after being put down by Inuyasha, which is understandable because we are far from nearing the Northern border.

Toga gently puts me down, and I gaze at the thick forest, waiting for him to show himself. It's not like we are in a hurry or anything. A few moments later, Sesshomaru elegantly walks out of the forest and halts at a distance from me.

While we hold eye contact, I take a moment to examine Sesshomaru's expression that seems void of emotions per usual. He hides without giving an explanation, and shows up without warning, as if we'll just accept every action he does without giving him a piece of our mind. He is used to doing what he wants which makes my blood boil, but I'm the last one to do that because I haven't been here for so long. 50 years is a very long time to be comatose.

I internally sigh at my thoughts and gaze back at him, waiting for him to utter a single word, yet he just stands there as if he is seeing a mute ghost.

"I presume you have something that belongs to me," Out of all the things I could have said, I choose to say that. He doesn't answer me and throws something my way. I carefully catch the Shikon Jewel he was holding onto.

Is he going to leave now? He usually does that. Disappearing is part of his character too.

Why do I even care? I decided to keep my feelings for him in check, so why do I have to reopen the wound?

"Athanasia," Sesshomaru finally mutters, but that pisses me off. The first thing he utters is Athanasia's name, how ridiculous! I don't care if he feels guilt for what he did to her, but at least show the same feeling of guilt towards me, Zuri.

I bite my lips and answer, "We are looking for a way to undo what you did."

"I see," He simply says and goes back to his stoic expression.

That emotionless expression is pissing me off, it makes me want to hurt him as much as I currently am. I cross my arms and utter, "They were merely 50 years. I even slept through them, and she is-"

As those words leave my mouth, I suddenly get cut off by the feeling of something soft pressing against my lips. I widen my eyes in shock before taking a moment to comprehend that Sesshomaru is the one doing such action.

He is kissing me! Sesshomaru is kissing me. He doesn't give me a passionate kiss but a gentle and unexpected one as if he is apologizing and at the same time showing how much he missed me.

How should I feel about this? Do I give in to this feeling? Or will he abandon me on my next mistake?

After a few seconds, he lets go and gently places his hand on my right cheek while saying, "I'm glad you didn't suffer and just slept through them."

Instantly, tears roll down my face, realizing that he was worried I might have been suffering because of the poison he released. Certainly, I was suffering, but because of loneliness, something I shouldn't tell him.

He wipes away those tears with his thumb while I reassure him, "It was so peaceful."

We hear Toga clearing his throat in the background. I roll my eyes and look at him to see what he has to say. Sesshomaru follows as Toga says, "I will leave the Northern border for the four of you, and-"

"Bring back the Goddess."

▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬

I have been unconsciously updating on Sundays instead of Saturdays which I'm not sure if I'm going to keep doing in the future or not, but I will try to update on Saturdays.

See you later 🍬

-👑 Noorie.