Chapter 31

"You will go with Sesshomaru to the future to find Izayoi's cure," Toga orders and turns to me with a frown. I know he is pissed at me for hiding such information from him, but it's out of my hands.

I fist my hand and take a step towards him, replying, "I'm truly sorry Inu no Taisho, but that's a request I will have to decline."

"Wasn't your sole purpose in this world to create a comfortable life for both Sesshomaru and Inuyasha?" He asks, and I gulp at his accuracy in choosing his words. "Leaving Inuyasha motherless at such a tender age is considered cruel, knowing you have the capability to make his life easier," he continues, and his frown changes into something softer, more like he is vulnerably asking for my assistance.

I look at the ground and unfist my hand. I don't give him a reply because it's still going to be the same no. I feel him get up from Inuyasha's side and walk towards me. He takes a moment before asking, "Why are you so against this?"

"Because- Because you are sending me off to a place where I have no information on. There might be a bloody war or some weather disaster in either case it won't help me in the slightest to look for a cure because the country will be in total chaos," I sigh to catch my breath and calm down before continuing, "I'm sorry again Inu no Taisho, but I'm not going there."

He blankly looks at Inuyasha and says, "I understand. I will send someone else." I release an irritated scoff, he isn't giving up. Before I say anything, he proceeds, "Give me the Shikon Jewel. It's the only thing I will ask of you."

I rub my temples, knowing that can't happen because the moment he comes in contact with that jewel, he will get tricked into making a wish that will cost him everything.

And now back to square one.

"Fine, I will do it but do not expect too much," I state, and finally, his devasted look turns into a relieved one even though nothing I said points out a definite cure. I tell him I will be leaving early in the morning so he can bring in a maid to take Inuyasha to another room for someone else to look after him until either I come back or Izayoi recovers.

I toss and turn on the bed worried sick of what might happen in that unexpected journey. I'm not scared of war or a hurricane, I already know nothing can kill me, but my real fear lies in the things that will be the future reality of this world. What if because of my presence, war between the Gods and demons breaks, resulting in eliminating both sides? What if I'm still present there, probably the last one standing? What if this story doesn't have a happy ending?

Nothing scares me more than reality.

I find myself leaning against the Bone Eater's Well, and no, it's not another blackout. I walked here, but I was a little out of it. I sigh and wait for Sesshomaru to show up, not sure if he will, but Toga said to go with him, so yeah, I will trust his abrupt appearances.

I unexpectedly hear rustling somewhere so I tighten my grip onto the Shikon Jewel, not ready for it to be stolen. Who steals early in the morning? I scoff at the foolishness. I watch the moving bush, and suddenly, something jumps out of it, making me scream at the top of my lungs.

"I HATE INSECTS."

"Who said I am one? And how dare a human compare me to such disgusting creatures?" The voice comes out irritated, childish and high-pitched.

This tone sounds familiar, but where does it come from? I look around me, but my eyes can't pinpoint the source's location. Something suddenly touches my shoulder, so I look behind me on top of the Well to see a familiar small, green, and mostly talkative demon.

Jaken.

Upon making eye contact with him, I start laughing at his size and at how ugly he looks in real life. He is probably the only spoiler I didn't mention to anyone, and I'm thankful for still being part of Sesshomaru's companion crew.

I stand up and say, "I'm not sure how you knew I was here waiting for you, but let's get this over with." I turn to Sesshomaru's direction, seeing him leaning on a tree with crossed arms. "I don't know what we'll be facing, but let me make one thing clear, on the other side of that Well, people don't believe in demons, so don't make it obvious."

"How dare you speak to Lord Ses-"

"Shut up!" I slightly increase my tone at Jaken and point at him then direct my words to Sesshomaru, "And he isn't coming. He can wait here."

Sesshomaru walks towards the Well, and as the two of us make eye contact, we jump into the Well. I close my eyes afraid to watch myself free fall, at least that's what happens in the anime, but that's not the case. I find myself landing on the ground with Sesshomaru's Moko-Moko wrapped around my waste.

What happened? I don't feel any difference.

I look at Sesshomaru, and I see him scowling. He raises his hand to hide his nose with his kimono. Does this mean we are here? Strangely, he doesn't jump out of the Well first but keeps his head raised, looking at the opening without actually taking action.

"Can you help me up?" I ask, and his Moko-Moko raises me high enough to climb out of the Well. Okay, it's night here or probably a few hours before sunrise. I glance around, finding the place slightly familiar. It's certainly the Higurashi residence. Better not announce ourselves.

I look down and whisper, "Come up."

He narrows his eyes at me and that's when I sense his refusal. I accidentally chuckle at his attitude, and he instantly jumps out of the Well. "Let's get out of here," I whisper and point to the fence for him to get us over it.

The moment we land on the ground, a bicycle passes right beside us while ringing its high-pitched bell. I apologize to the rider, and he just waves as a no need for an apology. I glance beside me, and as I am about to say something, I see Sesshomaru's eyes wide open.

"That's called a bicycle. Humans use it as a means of transportation. You will see different forms of it as we walk by, so try to mentally prepare yourself as well as your nose and ears," I state and wait for him to adjust to what he saw.

"Those human inventions must be the reason behind the demons' extinction," He casually utters, making me giggle. As much as I find his words funny, it has a sad meaning to them, but I doubt that is the case. Guns aren't a threat to powerful demons, so his claim is void.

I start walking, and a newspaper on the floor grabs my attention, so I run ahead and fetch it. I look at the date to confirm it. Yes, it's definitely 1847. I sigh and put it back then continue to walk ahead. As we walk, I try to avoid crowded places. Why are even people awake at this hour?

I sigh and suddenly feel Sesshomaru halt behind me, so I turn and see him narrowing his eyes at the clouds. I follow his eyes and see a huge cloud looking so much like Sesshomaru in his demon form that's when I realize it. They never went extinct. They were just hiding there like always.

Lady Inukimi lands behind Sesshomaru with a frown. I widen my eyes upon seeing her, but I quickly try to gather my composure and say, "My Lady-"

"How are you here?"

▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬

🤭

Jaken is finally here. 

Imagine seeing him in real life, I think I might faint

Imagine seeing him in real life, I think I might faint. 😂

See you later 🍬

-👑 Noorie.