Chapter 17

I dismiss Irgal and sit on my bed to think, but the only thing that comes to mind is to confront Sesshomaru, though this isn't the right time. I sigh and glance at the mirror in the distance. Thankfully, no stains of blood remain on me. I sigh again but in embarrassment, as I recall what happened with Inu no Taisho. 

This Goddess is really going around doing whatever she pleases.

I know the sun has just set, but I have no energy left in me to keep my eyelids open, so I will sleep early today. Not like I have anything inquired of me to do.  

I close my eyes and drift to sleep. I'm sure I drifted to sleep a minute ago so why on Earth am I in this place? Suddenly, I'm back to that scene with Sesshomaru and a living Ryukotsusei in the forest. I look at my hands and back at Ryukotsusei.

Didn't I kill him?

My body suddenly jumps extremely high in the air and dashes to Ryukotsusei. I place my bare hand onto Ryukotsusei's harsh skin and a burst of energy leaves my hand, shattering the dragon yokai into pieces. A blood shower covers the area I'm in, and I smoothly land on the ground and walk towards Ryukotsusei's head, sassily muttering, "Sit boy."

I open my eyes wide as I wake up from the horrifying nightmare and heave in discomfort. A sudden breeze hits my face, making my long loose hair dance and my mind gets confused. I look around me and find myself no longer in my room.

When did I walk out?

I notice Sesshomaru's presence. He is leaning on a rock by the hill we are both standing on. He calmly looks at me and says, "You need to go back to your world."

"What did I do this time?" I ask, finding his voice calming to my ears.

"Nothing," he answers again. Is he saying that out of worry for my sake that I might feel guilty? What is his intention? I seriously don't get him.

I hum and sit on the ground beside the rock he is leaning on. What accompanies us is the silence of the night and the refreshing breeze. 

"What really happened the first time my scent changed?" I say while looking at the horizon.

"She was pissed that you inhaled so much Mayazma, and blamed me for not taking care of you," he answers, and I feel him stare at me. My heart beats a little faster, and I know I'm blushing right now. I hope it's not that obvious. 

"Irgal said he heard rustling," I remind him of any details he is missing.

"She didn't say it nicely," he answers and looks away.

"Hmm, so it was nothing, just like you said," I say and glance at his gorgeous face, but that glance takes longer than I intend it to be. He glances at me with the corner of his eyes, and dear gosh we make eye contact. I quickly avert my gaze and get up.

As I'm about to leave, Sesshomaru's words stop me, "Don't lurk a lot around my father."

I frow my eyebrows in confusion and look back at him. He gets up and passes by me, but I quickly say in protest, "My presence here is solely for your father, so I will lurk around him as much as I want."

"Your job here is done. Takemaru and Ryukotsusei are dead, and So'unga is destroyed. That half demon will be born, and we will live happily ever after so go back to your world," he calmly says but with a visible frown.

"Do you think they are your only enemies?" I ask and watch his expression stay the same so I proceed, "I have a long list to warn you about."

Sesshomaru turns his back to me and says before leaving, "I lack interest."