Chapter 5

"Is that really it?"

No, it isn't. I'm doing this because I want to see another side of the characters I adore. I want to see a big happy family with no regrets or death. I want to see you cherish your grandchildren, and I want them to live under your wings, not in separate worlds. I know this is selfish of me, but it's for the greater good. I know I can't tell him all that, so I simply glance at him and shrug, giving out an unconvincing yes.

Thankfully, we reach the room. I see a huge double door, two demons are for some reason standing guard there. I don't need protection. "Why are they-" I say, but I cut myself off when I see Toga, gesturing for the guards to open the door for the two of us to enter. As we enter, the guards close the doors behind us. Okay, that is definitely weird. 

"This will be your resting place. I assigned someone to prepare some garments for you, hope you will find them pleasing. Also, this cart over there has some human food, hopefully, they're to your taste," Toga says with a gentle smile so I look around and enjoy the spacious room.

"Thanks for the hospitality," I thank him and admire the size of the bed.

He nodes and moves to the balcony, gesturing me to come over so I approach it. "This is a simple gift. You can use it whenever you please," Inu no Taisho says which confuses me so I take a glance out of the balcony to see Ah-Un.

I place my hands on my mouth in shock. Ah-Un belongs to Sesshomaru's mother, why is he giving it to me?  

"But Ah-Un belongs to your wife," I remind him, hoping he'll reconsider his so-called gift. 

"Ah-Un?" He questions, continuing, "Is that its name?"

Oh right! Rin was the one who gave it the name Ah-Un. Man, why can't I just stop giving this man spoilers? 

"Someone in the future named it Ah-Un," I try not to say Rin's name, but Toga is such a curious being.

"Can I ask who? I assume this someone is a significant being hence the naming part," He says. 

I knew he'd ask that.

"Her name is Rin, and she will be Sesshomaru's wife in the future," I answer and approach the bed to see the garments Toga prepared for me. "She is the reason he came to accept humans.She is the first being Sesshomaru will revive using Tensaiga," I continue and admire the fabric of the kimonos.

"Why will he do that?" 

I smile and remember their first encounter. "When you died, Sesshomaru went to look for the Tessaiga and ended up fighting Inuyasha to claim it, but like your will mentioned, Inuyasha was the only owner after you. That day Sesshomaru lost his arm and was severely injured, physically and mentally," I give Toga a guilty look to show him how unacceptable his will was. "Tensaiga saved him, and he landed somewhere to recover. That's where he met Rin. She was 9 at the time," I narrate and choose a dark color kimono to change into.

I look around the room till I see a dressing screen to change behind as I talk to Inu no Taisho. "She was bullied by the humans in the village she lived in and eventually lost her talking skills, but after meeting Sesshomaru, she started to recover and kept following him in all of his journeys," I continue and throw my school uniform on the screen. 

"Why did I even give Sesshomaru the Tensaiga?" He asks himself more like questioning me of his own decisions. Man, you should know the answer, it was your decision after all.

"Because you knew they'll fight, so you gave Tessaiga to Inuyasha to defend himself against all danger while Sesshomaru got the Tensaiga to protect himself from Tessaiga, plus you did one more thing, I don't forgive you for," I get from behind the screen and narrow my eyes at him to show a bit of my anger, but I only receive a giggle from him.

"What is it?" I ask with my hands on my waist.

"Seems like the future you come from doesn't have Kimonos," he continues to giggle at me.

I look at myself and realize that I have never in my life worn a Kimono. Yes, I need help.

"I'll ask someone to help you," he says, and I feel grateful.

A slight knock on the door, startlers me so I glance at Toga who is now sitting on the bed. He allows the knocker to enter and there she is. A maid, I guess a half-demon. "If you will excuse me," She says and starts to undress me to properly put the Kimono on, but that's not what concerns me so I quickly hold onto the dress and look at Toga. I fake a cough at him for him to get out, but he doesn't budge. 

Damn it, I don't want to ask him to leave in front of his maid that will be so rude.

"I think it would be better to continue our discussion tomorrow morning after I get some rest. I hope you don't mind, and I'm really grateful for everything, also Ah-Un will be considered a temporary gift," I say and see him get up.

He smiles at me and says, "If that is what pleases you. See you tomorrow then."

Thank God. He didn't seem like he was offended. I watch him as he climbs the balcony and halts for a second. Without looking at me, he asks, "What is the one thing you don't forgive me for?"

"The Meido Zangetsuha. You removed it from Tessaiga and sealed it in Tensaiga. When Sesshomaru mastered it, Tessaiga stole it back again. The part I won't forgive you for is that you knew that would happen," I say and watch Toga disappear.

I know he had no other option. It was a great idea to cast Meido Zangetsuha out of the Tessaiga, but stealing it back is just evil. It's a plan I refuse to accept Toga as its executioner.  

A few minutes later, the maid bows to me and exits the room so I lay in bed. I turn to my side and stare at the balcony as I slowly drift to sleep, watching the starry night sky and the glittering silver hair.

How beautiful!

▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬

'Glittering silver hair'  someone is sneaking up on our girl 🤭

I do wanna thank everyone who reads this book. I have reached 120 reads in a short time even though I had 0 expectations because I thought no one still reads Inuyasha fanfiction, but our fandom still exists 🥹

And to my silent readers, I SEE YOU 😈

😅 I'm just kidding. You can stay silent as long as you enjoy your stay.

See you later 🍬

-👑 Noorie.