Chapter 30

A little over a month goes by with me looking after Izayoi as a full-time job. Her health scares me and now I'm standing at the far end of her room with maids rushing in and out with towels and hot water for her labour. I don't know what to do. I'm nearly standing frozen in my place as I watch her suffer. I hold onto the necklace and pray for both of their safety but time only passes slowly.

I hear Toga howl in the distance so I look at the balcony seeing the Lunar Eclipse. It's the same in the anime. Inuyasha was born on a Lunar Eclipse night. I release a shaky breath and head to Izayoi's bedside to support her. 

"The baby is out," One of the maids says, and Izayoi immediately loses consciousness. I quickly check her pulse and breathing, finding both of them fine but a little weak. I think it's okay she just-

Why don't I hear the sound of crying?

I quickly get up and rush towards Inuyasha while asking the maids, "Why isn't he making a sound?" I don't wait for their answers and push my way through to him. Closed eyes, closed fists, and skin is rosey, but he isn't moving, and his chest is moving either. 

I carry him and tap on his back multiple times while I hear murmurs from the maids, but that doesn't matter now. Inuyasha can't be dead, right? Is that a side effect of his mother carrying TB? But in the anime, Takemaru stabbed Izayoi while in labour, and she died then Toga used Tenseiga. Does that mean Inuyasha has already died once? How long was he dead for? Will Toga be able to save him?

"Call for Inu no Taisho now," I yell at the maids, and they stumble on their way out. In less than two minutes, I see Toga rush inside.

"What happened? I didn't hear what the maids said," Toga says, and I glance at Tenseiga, making sure he still has it.

"Inuyasha isn't responding. You have to use the Tenseiga," I brief him and put Inuyasha on the small bed prepared for him.

Toga immediately takes out Tenseiga and takes a few seconds before slashing through something. In that instant, Inuyasha opens his small eyes and starts crying with his cute ears twitching. I smile at Inuyasha and say while handing him to Toga, "You don't have to worry. This was supposed to happen." 

Toga watches Inuyasha for a second before saying with compassion in his eyes and underlining sadness, "Finally, Inuyasha you are here."

That sadness is probably for the fear of losing Izayoi. I glance at Izayoi and reassure Toga, "She is just exhausted from labour. Rest is all she needs right now. Let the maids bring her clean covers and bedsheets, and let someone help her change. We have to let her healthy recover."

Toga nods and hands me Inuyasha then rushes out to probably follow my instructions. I glance at Inuyasha and smile while saying, "You are so lucky to have him as your father. I'm-" I bite my trembling lower lip upon feeling a tear threatening to escape and struggle to say, "I'm so happy you will be living in the same timeline as your father." I kiss his forehead and reassure him or maybe myself, "Your big brother will come around, I promise."

I closely hug Inuyasha and walk towards the unconscious Izayoi, lean to her level and whisper near her ears, "I will take care of him. Take your time to recover." 

I leave Izayoi's chamber and head to mine, seeing three maids go inside. Irgal and the one-eyed demon lower their heads upon seeing me and open the door. I glance at the vanity table, remembering what hides inside that drawer. I sigh and decide to put Inuyasha on the bed.

"Your big brother put me in a difficult situation, but let's not think about that," I say and climb onto the bed as well. I gently rub his ears while giggling at how he twitches his ears away from my touch.