Chapter 18

"Sure, let me know when Akuru is ready," I calmly say.

I did what I came for. Inu no Taisho is safe, so I should go back to my time, yet I'm not sure what state I will be in. Something I'll worry about later. Ah, man, I feel sad, but my pride is stopping me from showing it. I slightly bow and excuse myself to head to my room to which he just nods.

"My Lady, are you feeling alright?" Irgal says, snapping me out of my trance.

Ah, now I am blacking out, how wonderful!

"Did my scent change?" I ask without looking at him, just to make sure the Goddess didn't take over without me realizing.

"Not that I know of," he answers, and I nod in relief then enter my room.

I glance at the balcony, hoping to find Sesshomaru sitting there. He'll be happy to hear of my departure. I look down at my hand and mutter to myself, "Seems like you won't have your share of fun like you wanted."

I climb onto the bed and try to sleep only to find myself staring into nothingness. Is that the kind of feeling we describe as depression? My eyes stay focused on the silhouette of branches dancing on the balcony's marbled floor which lasts all night long. It takes me a few seconds to realize the first rays of light entering my room through the balcony. I turn to the other side to avoid the light and try to close my eyes, but tears form and stop me from finding peace.

I let the sobs out, knowing that neither Sesshomaru nor Toga would be around to listen to my wailing. However, I suddenly remember that Irgal and the other demon guard are standing outside so I quickly put my hand on my mouth to stop myself. It takes me a few minutes before fully calming down and before the sun fully rises.

A knock on the door invades the silence, but I give not much thought because I know it must be Toga asking for me to leave. "My lord is asking for your presence in the throne room, my lady," says a maid after inviting herself inside so I sit up with my back facing her and hum, letting her know I will be there.

Expected much.

As the maid leaves the room, I slowly get up and stand in front of the mirror. "It's time to go. The two of us," I say, knowing the Goddess doesn't care much about what I want. I bet she must be enjoying doing nothing.

I approach the wardrobe and take out my school uniform then change into it, dreading how things are turning into. I place the worn kimono on the bed and change into my school sneakers then head out after tying up my hair into a high bun.

I'll have to dye it back to black.

As I leave the room, Irgal asks me, "Are you leaving for good, my lady?" I draw a pained smile and hum in disappointment, making him ask, "Why so soon?"

"Apparently, I am not good enough. Take care Irgal, you too one-eye," I say and wave at the two guards before heading to the throne room.

In the throne room, I see everyone present even Akuru is there. I glance ahead and see the Windmill of Time. The door between my boring world and this one I adore, a kid holds its key. How ironic!

"How will this work?" I ask Toga, but before he can answer me Izayoi interrupts us.

"Aren't you going to say your goodbyes first, my dear?" She says with a sad expression.

I look up at Inu no Taisho and harshly say, "Why do I need to say goodbye to someone who clearly hates my presence? Actually not one but the two demons of this household." I glance at Sesshomaru to make it clear to everyone who the second demon I am refereeing to is.

Upon hearing those words, Izayoi approaches Toga, asking him, "Can't you allow her to stay until my labour?"

However, I don't give Toga time to think of her proposition because I refuse to stay here out of sympathy. "You still have more than five months ahead of you. In that span of time-"

"Can't- go."

Suddenly those two words echo through out the whole place, so I look around, but I figure I'm not the only one who heard that voice. Toga turns to Akuru and kneels to reach his level, asking, "What do you mean by she can't go?"

"Won't- work," Akuru says, confusing me even more. "She- not- full," he says again as if he is trying to explain himself, but he is speaking like a literal kid. "Half- not- here. Can't- go," he says more while flapping his arms but with a frustrated expression this time.

He looks at us, and after seeing how lost we still look, he suddenly holds his breath. Out of worry for him, I take a few steps towards him to stop him from trying to suffocate himself, but I only widen my eyes in shock.

Akuru's tiny body suddenly transforms into an adult body with Toga still kneeling in front of him unable to get up from the shock. This is his real form, how fascinating!

"Do I have to explain everything myself? Can't you see that she only has half her body and soul?" Adult Akuru says and glances at me with a serious look while ruffling his ginger fluffy hair. "Is Athanasia there?" He asks me, but I have no clue who Athanasia is. Does he mean the Godde-

"What is that you want from me?" I speak but that's not actually me. Again she overtook my body without saying a bloody word.

"Didn't you beg the coven to seal your body and soul in the far future? Now what are you doing here?" Akuru firmly asks and passes by Toga but stops in front of me probably to have this conversation face-to-face.

I better stand back and just watch this.

"Did living among demons make you forget your place as a mere demigod? Shouldn't you be speaking to me with more manners?" Athanasia fires back, placing one hand on her waist.

Wow, she is honestly cool, but what does Akuru mean by a coven sealing her body and soul? Not that I'm yet over the fact that Akuru has an adult form now.

"If any of the dormant Gods find you, you will be chased again, but this world won't survive a war between Gods, so I advise you to find a way to go back to your time. Since you are the one who brought yourself here, you must know a way to bring yourself back," He says, confusing me.

She brought me here on purpose! Does that mean she protected me from the car accident, and I'm actually not dead? But what about having only half my body and soul here?

"Fine, where do I find Anasewa?" Athanasia says and crosses her arm in defeat.

Who is that?

"Probably by a shrine on Horai Island, but she was in a bad state last I saw her," Akuru answers and turns his back to us then transforms back into his tiny form, disappearing into thin air.

Now what?

I look at Toga who just sighs loudly and ruffles the back of his hair while saying, "Follow me to my study there is so much to talk about."

Toga walks ahead, but I stand still that's when I realize I'm back in control of my body. Wow, this Goddess has complicated things for me. After throwing so much incomprehensible information in my face, she just disappears, how perfect!

I follow Toga to his study and surprisingly Sesshomaru follows us too. He is probably just curious about this whole situation but is just refusing to show it. Believe me, I am interested in knowing the details too so I hope the Goddess will do the talking with Toga this time cause I have no clue what is happening.

 "I will be grateful if you explained what happened earlier," Inu no Taisho says probably not to me, but I am just Zuri now. "If you are clueless, let me talk to Athanasia," he continues and turns to face me, letting me know that he is aware that I am currently Zuri, not Athanasia.

Shouldn't she be like 'Lady' Athanasia or 'Madam Goddess' Athanasia?

"Athanasia?" She says with a cold tone and pauses waiting for Toga to correct himself, but she proceeds, "I will let it slide since your son is here. So what do you want to know?"

"Ah, and I feel like answering only one question."

▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬

I hope this chapter isn't too much information. Everything will be explained in detail later so no worries.

Also, I'm all better now

See you later 🍬

-👑 Noorie.