Chapter 42

A few days go by since the day Athanasia told Toga and Sesshomaru their powers have been sealed by Anubis. Now, I stand in front of the library door impatient to find a way to communicate with Anubis without needing to go through the Meido Zangetsuha more like Athanasia is the impatient one. I push the double door open and walk towards the rustling sounds of papers and Inukimi's constant huffing and puffing.

"Athanasia is impatient," I announce.

Inukimi glances at me with the corner of her eyes, uttering, "So do I. If you have a suggestion, kindly share it."

Athanasia takes over my body and rushes over the Meido stone on the table while huffing, saying, "Have you tried cursing at him? He might get annoyed and answer us." Unexpectedly and rudely, Athanasia leans over the table and sassily yells, "You dimwit! How about you answer us before I come over to you and plug out as many eyes as I want and distribute them to every annoying living demon whom I will assign to keep calling your name every single second of the day as a means of torture?"

The silence makes us aware of the effect of Athanasia's unsuccessful technique. She sighs and gives me back my body, but Inukimi clears her throat and warns, "I am aware of your close friendship with Anubis, but kindly, be more composed in front of his kin."

I hear Athanasia snoring in my head, not liking a single word Inukimi said. I ignore Athanasia's attitude and ask Inukimi, "What did you try so far?"

"Well, I tried the basics, like talking to him and spilling my blood, but neither worked. I also tried using a few spells, but nothing worked as well," Inukimi elaborates while taking a seat and gazes at the Meido stone.

'If I can spill my blood, I would have tried it,' Athanasia comments.

"What spells did you try?" I ask for more details.

Inukimi pulls out a book and shows me three spells, stating, "These spells have three levels of communication spells. We have no more records for communication spells."

'Ah, that reminds me. My book has one secret communication spell. The two of us created it together,' Athanasia suggests, and I quickly inform Inukimi to try it.

Inukimi takes out the book and goes through it but fails to find it. "I went through this book multiple times, but nothing like a communication spell is mentioned here," She states in confusion and hands me the book to find it myself.

The moment I hold the book, Athanasia utters, 'Yes, she won't find it because we hid it on the inside of the cover.'

I take a glance at the cover but find nothing which irritates the impatient Athanasia, who takes over my body and orders Inukimi, "Spill some of your blood here and say Anubis's name in reverse."

Inukimi pauses for a few seconds before doing what Athanasia asked of her, and just like that a spell appears on the blank page of the inside of the cover. "This is a very simple spell," Inukimi remarks in surprise.

I'm not really sure how spells work or know anything related to that matter, but I'm glad Inukimi finds it easy. Therefore, I watch her spill five drops of her blood on the Meido stone and then mutter a few words. Suddenly, the Meido stone glimmers and Anubis says, "You finally figured it out. I thought you would take eternity with that temper of yours."

Athanasia snorts at him and answers, "You better give me a good excuse for what you have done to your kin."

"And what exactly are you talking about?" Anubis fines ignorance.

"You sealed your kin's powers. Did you think I won't know that? They should have all your powers, but to see the dead, they need a catalyst which isn't the case for you, so stop playing a fool around me," Athanasia judges with an angry tone.