Chapter 62

The cold Northern breeze freezes my thoughts as Athanasia makes her claim. If Odin is on the brink of death, he will stop at nothing to obtain Athanasia's blood. This means we have to leave immediately before our presence is detected.

"We are not leaving," Athanasia shocks me with her sudden firmness. She frowns and doesn't wait a moment before dashing towards the Northern Palace. However, Sesshomaru appears in front of us, halting Athanasia's progress.

Athanasia groans in anger and yells at him, "Let me go. Stop standing in my way every time I try to do something. Who do you think you are to block my way?"

"You are putting Zuri in harm's way," he calmly answers while maintaining a hold on her arms.

Athanasia stops squirming and looks at him straight in the eyes, saying, "Zuri doesn't care because she is just a fragment of my soul. I own this body."

Sesshomaru's gaze remains unyielding, but there is a softness in his voice as he responds, "Your recklessness affects more than just yourself. Zuri might be a fragment, but she has her own existence, her own thoughts. I will not allow you to endanger her or yourself."

Athanasia's eyes flash with frustration, and she retorts, "I didn't ask for your protection. I don't need anyone to shield me. Especially not you."

Sesshomaru's grip tightens slightly, but he doesn't release her. "This is not about protection. The consequences of your actions extend beyond your understanding."

"Explain it then!" she suddenly inquires of him.

A wave of silence washes over us as Sesshomaru stands stiff, unable to answer her question. A few seconds later, Sesshomaru states while loosening his grip, "Your absence will anger Anubis, and the West will remain defenceless."

"I agree. Anubis will be furious to know that I, his best friend, have been taken hostage by the Northern Gods and will immediately come to wipe them out. That's a great plan to execute," Athanasia says in one go and slips out of Sesshomaru's loose grip.

As she dashes ahead with her vision power activated, she suddenly halts while whispering, 'Where is-'

"You still bicker loudly."

Athanasia looks up, seeing someone unfamiliar to me, but let me guess, Red is for Zeus. Athanasia freezes upon seeing her archenemy. Zeus is the one whom I read about multiple times in her diary. He is the God who tormented her and Anubis. Now he is standing in front of us and needs us more than ever to save his friend, Odin.

I glance at Sesshomaru, hoping for both interference to get us out of this place and that he won't make a move that might offend Zeus.

The air around us crackles with tension as Athanasia locks eyes with Zeus. Sesshomaru, maintaining his calm demeanor, steps forward, positioning himself between Athanasia and the looming god. The frosty winds seem to intensify, echoing the underlying conflict between the deities.

Zeus smirks, twisted amusement dancing in his eyes. "Ah, Athanasia, always causing a stir wherever you go. I must say, I didn't expect to find you here, in the domain of the North."

Athanasia narrows her eyes, her voice dripping with disdain. "Save me the small talk, Zeus. Where is Ryumaru?"

"Ah! Going straight to the point as always," Zeus mockingly remarks and unexpectedly dashes in front of Sesshomaru, maintaining eye contact with him in a showdown without lifting a finger.

I gulp, aware of the unyielding tension suffocating everyone present at the scene.

"You reek of Anubis's scent, demon. What a shame that such a young demon will have his life cut short!" Zeus states, confusing me and instantly raises his hand, which freaks me out as much as Athanasia. However, the moment he nearly places his hand on Sesshomaru's shoulder, Tenseiga puts up a barrier around the two of us, as if aware of the threat ahead.

Zeus's attention changes from Sesshomaru to Tenseiga and says, "What a great weapon your father left you! It's sad, though, how weak it is." As the last words leave Zeus's mouth, he pushes his hand inside the barrier, breaking it. That's when Sesshomaru's gaze shifts to Tenseiga, which seems like it turned to pieces as well, just like the barrier.

Damn it, Zeus. We have to leave this place before we start another war, but this time without backup.

Zeus places his hand on Sesshomaru's shoulder and closely whispers in his ears, "Dionysus sends his regards." Before my eyes or brain can fathom anything, I see Zeus effortlessly squeezing Sesshomaru's shoulder and turning his armour to ash.

Sesshomaru holds Zeus's wrist and says, "Did you have enough?"

Zeus tilts his head and asks in confusion, "Do I look like I've had enough?"

Sesshomaru frowns and replies, "My words aren't directed at you."

"I said it once, and I will say it again, I won't leave the north without bringing Ryumaru back with me," Athanasia firmly says without caring if Sesshomaru is barely holding back Zeus.

Zeus glances at me from behind Sesshomaru and states, "The moment you take a step inside the northern palace, you will be taken into custody, and your friend's head will hang on the front door." He chuckles and continues, "You can't do anything alone, Athanasia."

Amidst the threatening aura of Zeus, a voice beckons from above and thunders upon us. "Who

said they are alone?" I narrow my eyes and notice Toga standing with a whole army, including Inuyasha and Inukimi.

Inukimi dashes towards Zeus and grabs his arm, saying, "Take your hand off my son, else-" She glances at Sesshomaru and egotistically says, "He will melt it."

Zeus narrows his eyebrows in confusion and notices Sesshomaru's grip tightening around his wrist. That's when I notice smoke. Sesshomaru will kill Zeus just as he did with Kagutsuchi. The God-killing poison Sesshomaru has will ripple Zeus-

Suddenly, Zeus cuts off his arm with his other hand to escape from Sesshomaru's grip and poison, dashing away from us. "I underestimated you, demon. Next time we meet, I will make you pay-"

Before Zeus can finish his words, Sesshomaru dashes towards Zeus, and without a second thought, he puts both his hands on Zeus's head, releasing a large amount of poison while saying, "There is no second time. Whoever threatens Athanasia will meet my wrath."

While everyone freezes, witnessing Zeus slowly die, Zeus lifts his other hand in pain in an attempt to stop Sesshomaru, but Sesshomaru instantly grabs Zeus's arm, releasing the poison which leaves Zeus completely vulnerable.

"You now reek of Anubis, too," Sesshomaru utters as he watches Zeus's body disintegrate. He narrows his eyes, looking down on him and proceeds, "Anubis will give you a warm welcome."

As Zeus disintegrates before our eyes, the tension that once enveloped us dissipates, leaving an eerie calm in its wake. Sesshomaru, though victorious, remains stoic, his gaze fixed on the remnants of the fallen god. Athanasia, Inukimi, and the others watch in a mix of shock and relief.

Sesshomaru dashes to my side, and Athanasia doesn't waste a second before saying, "That was unnecessary."

"You sound calm now," He comments.

I internally chuckle, knowing what he means. He definitely noticed how anxious she was when Zeus was around, but now that he is gone, her heart isn't racing anymore, and her mind is clear.

'Shut up, will you,' Athanasia scolds me, which makes me giggle at her irritated attitude.

"Now what?" Athanasia asks with crossed arms.

Toga dashes towards us along with Inukimi and Inuyasha, who is mounting Ah-Un.

"We bring back Ryumaru."

▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬

I'm sorry guys for not updating for two weeks. I had so much on my plate and didn't have any time to write. However, now I will get back on track.

Thanks for staying patient with me and keep supporting this story  🤗

See you later 🍬

-👑 Noorie.