Chapter 46

The moment we turn on our heels to leave, the ground shakes vigorously again, making us freeze in our places with shocked expressions. I gulp as I feel Athanasia's heart rate increase. She turns to the direction of the mountain, and we witness three huge yellow light spheres shooting up high in the sky. Athanasia narrows her eyes and smirks.

Huh!

"Long time no see, old friends," Athanasia sassily utters, and three figures suddenly appear around us.

"You sound as carefree as ever," One of them remarks while rubbing the back of his head.

Athanasia raises her hand for Toga to grab his attention, making him approach them followed by Sesshomaru. "These three are Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva. Their presence means we have no time to spare," Athanasia introduces them, and I start to get overwhelmed. 

Toga seems lost as well but gets the same feeling as me. Those three are allies. He extends his hand to greet the three Gods which they hesitated to do for a few seconds before accepting shaking his hand as a means of greeting. "I'm Inu no Taisho the lord of the Western land, and this is my eldest son, Sesshomaru. We are descendants of Anubis," Toga elegantly and gracefully introduces himself to them.

No wonder that man is loved by everyone.

"Anubis, how interesting!" Brahma highlights in amazement. "Isn't this place the Eastern land?" Brahma continues to ask.

"Not really, but very near to the Eastern land," I answer.

"We don't have much time to spare on reconnecting. instead, we have to find a way to keep Kagutsuchi sealed," Vishnu comments, and I hear Brahma sigh.

We take a moment of silence to think of something. "Do you recall how you sealed him?" Athanasia asks, breaking the silence.

"We unintentionally poisoned him," Vishnu answers.

"Unintentionally!" Toga exclaims.

Shiva sighs and elaborates, "Titan's blood is poison to him. Loki and Fenrir were fighting alongside us but Fenrir died in the crossfire by Kagutsuchi. As an act of punishment to the North for interfering with the Eastern lands' Gods, Kagutsuchi ate Fenrir and so he weakened tremendously. That's when we realized that Titan's blood was poison to him. We took a hold of this opportunity and sealed him, building this mountain around him."

No one utters a word as Shiva proceeds, "Do you happen to know someone with Titan blood?" He looks at every one of us, and when he doesn't get an answer, he turns his head the other way and sighs in disappointment.

"From what I understood, Loki and Fenrir are Northern Gods which means Titan blood is found there," Toga recaps what he comprehended, receiving a nod from the triad Gods. "We need to make a quick visit to the North," Toga announces.

Brahma gently places his hand on my shoulder, saying, " You should go. The three of us will try to delay Kagutsuchi's awakening as much as we can."

"I will stay as well," Sesshomaru suddenly announces. 

I nearly forgot you were here. Now, you want to cause trouble. No way in hell, I'll allow you to stay in one place with Gods whom you will surely find a way to challenge.

"Zuri says no," Athanasia exposes my thoughts, and I sigh not really surprised by her unchanged attitude.

Unfathemened by the bickering, Toga walks towards Ah-Un and orders, "Go find Lady Inukimi and send her to the palace. You know what to do." Ah-Un lowers its heads and flies off. 

"It's time to leave," Toga sternly says and flies ahead of us. Sesshomaru immediately follows, leaving me to wonder how are we supposed to follow them when Ah-Un is not here. However, this thought immediately shatters when I feel Athanasia taking off as well.

We can fly, too.

'Of course, we can fly. Who do you think I am!' Athanasia comments, making me giggle at how annoyed her voice sounded.

Toga puts so much pressure in the air, making me get anxious. Thank God, Athanasia is the one in control of this body now, else I would have collapsed. We take nearly 3 hours before nearing the North. It's my first time seeing it, and I admit, it's beautiful. It looks like a dream as if nothing my eyes see is real.

'Yes, nothing you see is real. It's a huge illusion. If you want to see the real thing, I'd be glad to do so,' Athanasia suggests, but I shake my head. I don't want to see reality. I would rather enjoy this fake image than be hit with an unknown reality.

The three of us land in front of an enormous double door which seems like it needs giants to open it. Toga waits with Sesshomaru and I waiting behind him for God knows what. After a few minutes, the gigantic doors open, showing a light-dressed demon. I think. Somehow the way he dresses reminds me of - I look at myself, realizing it for the first time.

A Northern Goddess will definitely look great in Northern wear.

I get taken aback the moment I see that person rushing towards Toga in excitement while saying with a wide smile, "I didn't think you would visit me again any time soon-"

"Lord Ryumaru," Toga cuts the Northern Lord off. 

Ryumaru takes hearing his name as a sign of a serious matter and changes his playful expression into a serious one, ordering, "Empty the throne room." It takes nearly 2 minutes for everyone present in the throne room to leave and the huge doors to squeak shut behind us.

"The Gods' awakening has come," Toga announces, and Ryumaru widens his eyes. "Thankfully the first three are allies of Lady Athanasia. However, a disaster with the name Kagutsuchi is coming next and we need the blood of a Titan descendant," Toga briefly informs Ryumaru.

Ryumaru narrows his eyes and says, "Allow my army access to your land, and I will provide you with what you need."

"Do you have an army of Titans?" Sesshomaru asks, and Ryumaru declines. "Then why do you want us to grant your army access to our land?" He proceeds.

"Sesshomaru, this is a time of war. I will have to grant him access, and when the time comes, he will have to do the same," Toga explains to Sesshomaru who doesn't seem too convinced.

Ryumaru walks charismatically towards the door while sternly saying, "Since our diplomatic matter is concluded, you should go ahead while I prepare my troops."

The three of us take our leave and as we take our time to return to Musubi mountain, I say, "Do you think he understands the purpose of our visit correctly since he never mentioned any Titan blood demon?"

"There is no need to worry, Ryumaru isn't as clueless as you think," Toga reassures us.

Just like Ryumaru promised, he doesn't take long before reaching the shared location. He lands in front of the Gods and gives them a slight bow as a manner of greeting.

"I am Ryumaru, lord of the Northern lands. How can we be of assistance?" Ryumaru formally introduces himself.

The three Gods look at him with judging eyes. "I see you have got an army behind you," Shiva rubs his chin while peeking at the large number of demons behind Ryumaru and then proceeds to ask, "So which one carries the Titan blood?"

"It is I."

▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬

Thank you guys so much for 20k+ reads. This book somehow became my most-read story. 

I hope you keep supporting this book, and I promise I will try to update more during the week in the future. 

See you later 🍬

-👑 Noorie.