Special Chapter #1

This is a surprise chapter, and it's going to be from Athanasia's point of view. It mentions what happened during those three months when Zuri wasn't present.

⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘

Athanasia's POV

'Zuri, something is going on. It seems like this body is unable to hold both our souls. I'm sorry. This body is too weak for two souls,' I say as I grit my teeth. I take over my body and continue to communicate with Zuri, but something suddenly hits me. 

I can't feel her presence.

"Zuri, dear, are you feeling any better?" I hear Toga asking while gently putting his hand on my head.

However, before I have any time to correct him about my identity, I hear Sesshomaru saying, "This is the Goddess." 

I  chuckle at how sure he is of his answer. For some unknown reason, Sesshomaru is able to recognize the difference between Zuri and me without the change in our scent. He might have cheated at the start due to the difference in eye color, but how is he cheating now?

I slowly get up, making sure my body isn't in any kind of pain. For a moment, I try to find Zuri again in my subconscious, but I fail. I hate it when I fail to recognize the situation I'm in. It's frustrating.

"I need to rest. She will probably come back tomorrow," I announce and leave Inuyasha's nursery to go to my room. 

Before I leave the room, I take a glimpse at both Sesshomaru and Toga, seeing the difference in the expressions each holds. One is filled with anger whereas the other can't hide his worry. This household has so much in common with Anubis. I don't feel comfortable here.

Zuri, you must show up soon.

I head to my room and glance at the book Zuri leaves on the nightstand. She doesn't know how many memories it holds. I sigh and put the Shikon Jewel Sesshomaru gave her on the book then head to sleep.

In irritation, I wake up from some distant noises. I don't know how long I have been sleeping, but I'm sure it's not enough time because my body still feels like a rock. I stagger to the door and slightly open it to ask Irgal, "What's that noise?"

Irgal gets startled by my unexpected appearance and takes a step back before formally answering, "It's the young Lord, my Lady."

Young Lord?

In frustration, I ruffle my hair and walk towards the crying sounds, seeing the maids rushing from all directions. 

What's going on?

I find the door to Inuyasha's room open so I invite myself inside. Toga stands there with a restless Inuyasha in his arms. He tries to comfort him, but it seems like he is failing. I've said this word a lot today. I sigh and approach him while asking, "What are you doing?"

Toga glances at me and replies, "You seem exhausted. I'll have Inuyasha's room changed. You there, follow-"

I internally sigh at his way of taking care of things and decide to cut him off, "Has he eaten?"

"He was just fed, my Lady," The maid answers, and I try to think of another reason behind his restlessness.

"He was comfortable with Zuri so why is he like this now?" I share my thoughts with Toga who seems lost as well. Suddenly, an idea sparks in my head. "Give him to me," I urge Toga who blankly gives Inuyasha to me.

As expected, he is quiet now.

I chuckle and glance at Toga who seems to want an explanation so I give it to him, "This body has been beside Izayoi for a while. Like any other newborn, he just misses his mother." I smile at Inuyasha and tighten my hold on him to make him feel more safe.