Chapter 8

A mere human can not wield So'unga since it's a sword that needs so much demonic power and the only ones who can contain that power are none other than Inu no Taisho and Sesshomaru, that's why So'unga used Sesshomaru's arm. However, Sesshomaru hasn't lost his arm yet. So'unga is 200 years early so using Takemaru is out of the question.

"You need to find So'unga before he sheds more blood and take Sesshomaru with you. Do not hold So'unga only let Sesshomaru hold him," I warn Toga, but he looks like he is seeking blood which means I have to find Sesshomaru myself and tell him because from what I see Inu no Taisho will easily get overtaken by So'unga. He's probably shaken hence what happened to Izayoi. 

Toga looks up behind me which triggers me to look too, so I find Sesshomaru approaching, making me roll my eyes. I have no clue if I hate him or love him because he's been pushing me to the edge during my whole stay, yet he still finds his way back without hesitation. I know it's an emergency but that doesn't make us okay so I will just deal with the situation, our relationship can wait.

"So'unga is your responsibility, Sesshomaru. Today So'unga must be destroyed so find him and bring him to the sparring arena, I will be waiting there because this time Sesshomaru will be the one summoning the dragon twister," I say, and the two of them immediately disappear into thin air. 

I go back to the feast hall and ask one of the demons for Izayoi's room. The demon leads me there, and I see Inukimi leaving Izayoi's room so I stride to her and ask, "Is she fine?"

"She is shaken by what happened, but she's physically fine. May I have a word with you," she says surprising me so I follow her to I think her room which doesn't have a bed. A huge throne-like chair is placed at the far end of the room, and a big table on the side that has lots of books. She takes a seat by the table and gestures for me to take a seat as well. This woman baffles me.

"Toga told me this time is history of the time you came from," she states so I assume she simply wants to chat. Good start. Hope she won't ask any tricky questions.

"It is, but not all the details are written," I answer.

"Like what! Like when is the exact time of Toga's death?" She asks, making me widen my eyes.

I try to calm myself down and reply, "Yes, all I know is it's in the year 1297 and will be the day of Izayoi's labour."

"What about me? Didn't your history mention anything about me?"

I gulp, clasping my sweaty palms and answer, "You will live a long life."

"Is that all?" She inquires with a raised eyebrow.

I sigh and get up in panic then blurt out like a maniac, "History mentioned how heartless you are. You didn't care for Sesshomaru, and you didn't give an inkling about Inu no Taisho's death, you just stayed in the palace not giving a damn about anybody but yourself. Your character is so playful and manipulative which is confusing me."

"Why is it confusing you?" she calmly asks. 

How is she calm after all that I've just said about her?

"Because you prepared a feast for Izayoi and because you are talking to me. The Inukimi who history wrote about is not a welcoming person which is the total opposite of what I'm seeing right now," I say and take a few steps back, prepared to run at any given moment something she notices as she glances at my legs and back at my face.

"The human life is a fleeting moment for demons so why wouldn't I give my husband a moment of happiness?" 

huh

"But he'll have a son, are you okay with that?" I ask in confusion.

"It's not like he'll ask me to raise him. The child has a mother who will care for him," she answers, and that's when I feel the coldness in her soul. She is a true full demon. Someone who sees no one as a threat to her. She knows her worth and that's what makes her strong and fearsome. Unlike humans who always find flows in themselves and try to hide or fix it, she is out there embracing herself and enjoying every bit of it even if that means sharing what she cherishes with someone else.

It's a fleeting moment after all.

I giggle and see her get confused at my sudden giggling, so she asks, "What do you find funny?"

"Talking to you in person changed my feelings of fear into feelings of respect. Whoever wrote history needs to rewrite your character," I state with a smile and get back to my seat, but she looks at her window as a slight breeze blows inside the room. "What is it?" I ask.

"They are back," she elegantly answers so I deduce 'they' as Toga and Sesshomaru. I quickly excuse myself and rush to the arena. 

The moment I reach the arena, I see Sesshomaru holding a severed arm with So'unga held by it. Sesshomaru glances at me so I approach them. "What is the plan?" Toga asks.

"Sesshomaru summons the dragon twister while you use the backlash wave and the dragon strike, and do not hold back," I say, but Inu no Taisho seems restless.

"Sesshomaru won't be able to take it-"

"You need to trust him. He can take it, and you still have Tensaiga," I reassure Toga. After making sure Toga is determined to take down So'unga once and for all, I step as far as I can.

Sesshomaru removes So'unga from the severed hand and holds the sword himself that's when hell went loose. Was I wrong? As soon as Sesshomaru holds the sword, his eyes change as if he was transforming into a full demon. The So'unga clasps itself onto Sesshomaru's arm and sucks his blood which makes Toga and I restless, but I know nothing should stop us now. If So'unga takes over Sesshomaru and flees, that would be the end of the demon world because there is nothing that could stop Sesshomaru from going on a killing spree.

Inu no Taisho unsheathes his swords and waits for Sesshomaru to summon the dragon twister, preying his son would not be overwhelmed by the So'unga. "Sesshomaru," Toga loudly calls his son's name.

Sesshomaru holds up his arm with the So'unga and manages to summon the dragon twister while releasing it in his father's direction, he struggles in saying, "Do not hold back."

I look at Toga who summons the backlash wave and in a matter of seconds the dragon strike follows, but unlike Inuyasha, Toga's backlash wave is enormous and faster. The ground split into two as the backlash wave rushes into the dragon twister and engulfs Sesshomaru and So'unga. It takes a few seconds before the storm calms down so the two of us rush to Sesshomaru who was on his knees with So'unga in front of him as a means of support, but it only took a moment before the sword cracks into pieces, and Sesshomaru loses his balance so I use my shoulder as support for his head.

"You did it." 

▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬

Finally, So'unga is gone. One step is done ~

-👑 Noorie.