Chapter 14

A familiar dark space strikes fear in me. Shear darkness surrounds me just like the accident I had back home. I breathe heavily in distress and try to swallow my fear then decide to take a step forward. However, that step made me free fall. In a split second, I find myself waking up with a short breath. The only thing I can hear right now is my uneven breathing. I look at my trembling hand then press onto my chest to ease a little of the pain of which I wince, but a sudden realization hits me.

Am I back home or still in the federal era?

I sit up and realize that I'm still in the federal era, so I give out a relieved sigh. I know I should be missing my family already, but this place is dear to me. I lower my head and hug my legs to my chest to hide my shy smile. I cherish this world so much that I'd rather stay and spend the rest of-

If you have a fucking death wish, tell me right now to stop getting in your bloody way.

I raise my head and widen my eyes at recalling the words I said to Inu no Taisho. "Oh my God, what have I done," I voice out my thoughts in shock.

"I see, so you are finally back to your old self," someone suddenly says, making my heart skip a beat. I look to my left to see Sesshomaru's silhouette, hiding in the darkness of the night. He slowly approaches my side with an expression that shows resentment! Or is that confusion? I can't tell what his expression means.

However, his words bring me to a halt as I inquire of him, "Old self?"

"Yesterday, don't you recall waking up in the middle of the night?" He asks, making me even more confused. What is he saying?

"You were unconscious for two days and one night. However, in the middle of that night you woke up," He elaborates, and I still feel the same confusion but now with a little bit of fear because I have no recollection of waking up at all.

"What did I do?" I hesitantly ask. I hope nothing I will regret.

"You stared at the mirror," He calmly answers, and I tilt my head. 

Why would I do that in the middle of the night?

"Did we perhaps have a conversation?" 

"Nothing happened. When you felt my presence, you just turned your attention away from the mirror and looked at me then went back to the bed to sleep," He answers, but somehow that answer feels missing. 

I take a moment before asking the next question because I have a feeling he won't gladly answer it so I need to see his expression even though I know I won't be able to understand it, trying won't cause me any harm. Therefore, I ask, "What were you doing in my room, Sesshomaru?"  

However, unexpectedly he answers me, but with a frown, "Because your scent suddenly changed. Now-" he pauses as he raises his claws to threaten me then proceeded, "You will answer my questions. Who are you?"

I gulp because oh dear lord, I have no clue what he means by my scent changed. If my scent changed according to my understanding of demons, it means that I wasn't human when I woke up which doesn't make any sense. 

"I don't know what answer you want to hear from me, but the only one I got is the same as the first time we met. My name is Zuri, a 19 years old girl who came from the future," I answer firmly to show him I'm not taking him lightly because the look he is having right now is deadly; one I hate to see directed at me.

"Nonsense," he says, making me sigh. "You inhaled Ryukotsusei's Mayzma without getting affected, and when I scratched you, there was no wound," He proceeds which gets on my nerves.

"I already told you, you didn't scratch me-" I yell, but he cuts me off.

"And I will never forget the feeling of human flesh," he yells back which shocks me.