Chapter 4

"I will have to delay killing Takimaru. Destroying So'unga will need to come first," he smiles at me, and I give him a hug of relief that neither of us expects.

He is fine. I will need to be more careful with what I say to them about the future from now on because irrationality runs in the family. I take a glance at Toga while letting go and take another glance at Sesshomaru who gives his usual stoic expression.

Toga approaches me and gestures for my hand so I extend mine, surprising me by holding my waist and flies to his palace. Certainly, Sesshomaru follows us into Toga's office-like room. Earlier I didn't have time to take in my surroundings, but now after relaxing a bit, I can see the details. Multiple swords of different sizes and shapes are hanging on the walls, some axes are also there. I have no clue why they are in here and what they represent but I can tell the horns belongs to the enemies Toga won against so the weapons can be considered trophies of his victories.

A big table is in the middle of the room with wooden figures placed on it. It seems like a war table, I've seen some in movies. Toga moves to the table and holds a figure then places it in the middle of the table, saying, "Do you perhaps know how to destroy So'unga?"

"I do, and you already have the key to destroy it," I say and point at Tensaiga and Tessaiga. "But you need to wake up the So'unga and you need to give Tensaiga and Tessaiga to some who can swing them," I continue.

"In the future you saw. If I was dead, who destroyed the So'unga?" Toga questions and stares at me, waiting for an answer.

I look at Sesshomaru and let out a sigh, answering, "Sesshomaru and Inuyasha will. When you died, you intrusted Tensaiga to Sesshomaru and Tessaiga to Inuyasha while So'unga was left unattended so Myoga and Totosai let Saya seal it for 700 years, but Saya could hold it only for 200 years which left Sesshomaru and Inuyasha to handle it."

"Meet me at the arena," Toga tells Sesshomaru and the two of us follow him there in no time.

I know things are going at a fast pace, and I know this task of destroying So'unga won't be such an easy task as they expect it to be. It is not a simple swing of swords. There will be destruction.

Inu no Taisho unsheathes both Tensaiga and Tessaiga, giving them to Sesshomaru. Then Toga pulls So'unga out, so I quickly take a few steps back as I watch the clouds turn grey and thunder roars in the sky. I clench my chest as I watch the two great dog demons facing each other with their swords as their protectors.

'You can not destroy me, but I will.'

"Don't you get tired of trying to control me," Toga says with a smug smile on his face, ready to get rid of that sword.

'Eventually, I will, and you will die trying to get rid of me.'

"Inu no Taisho summon the dragon twister, and Sesshomaru, use Tessaiga's back clash wave and Tensaiga's dragon strike," I say as I see them look at their swords in uncertainty.

As I said, Toga raises So'unga pointing it to the sky and starts slowly rotating the sword for the dragon twister to form. As a red storm starts to form, Sesshomaru steps back and puts Tessaiga in front of him, waiting for the twister to get near him, but Toga doesn't seem to release the dragon twister as suddenly the red storm calms down, and he puts So'unga down.

'You lack trust in your son, it seems,' So'unga says and laughs evilly which angers Toga so he fists his other hand and repeatedly punches the sword in an attempt to break it, but all my eyes can see is blood dripping from Inu no Taisho's hand, so I rush to him and try to stop him.

"Stop this. It is fine to worry about your son, but let me tell you this. 200 years from now Sesshomaru will surpass you. His presence will scare all demons. The dragon twister can destroy this demon world but can not dare hurt Sesshomaru, he is way stronger than you think, so just put your worries aside for a moment," I say as I look into his eyes to reassure him no harm will befall Sesshomaru.

"Stand back," Toga orders me and glances at Sesshomaru. "Take this," Inu no Taisho hands me Tensaiga's sheath so I stride away from the dangerous zone and force the sheath into the ground to form a protective barrier around me.

Again Toga puts up So'unga, forming the dragon twister but this time he releases it in Sesshomaru's direction, who immediately strikes with the back clash wave and then swings Tensaiga. As I give a victorious smile, I look at Toga, who for some reason is still standing in the direction of the attack, not moving an inch.

"Inu no Taisho, let go of the So'unga," I yell at him to let it go, but he stands there firm on the ground. My heart beats so fast as I watch the dragon twister gets engulfed by Sesshomaru's attack and move in Toga's direction.

In a split second, Sesshomaru lets go of the two swords and dashes to his father and pushes him out of danger. I give a relieved sigh and hold onto Tensaiga's sheath to remove the barrier and rush to Toga's side, only to see his angry expression directed at Sesshomaru.

"You fool the back clash wave and dragon strike are harmless to me. Did you forget the swords are forged from my fangs?" Inu no Taisho yells at Sesshomaru who closes his eyes shut and flies off to God knows where. Toga sighs, whispering, "And now he is gone." He picks up Tessaiga and sheathes it and picks up Tensaiga next so I give him the sheath.

While I watch Toga sheath his swords, I say, "Do you happen to know where Sesshomaru goes when he wants to clear his mind?"

"You'll probably find him on the nearest hill," He says and offers to take me to him, but I just say no and decide to find him on my own.

I leave Inu no Taisho and walk for a while, thinking of what I will tell Sesshomaru to make him feel better, and as Toga said, I find Sesshomaru standing at the edge of a hill, so I approach him and stand beside him, watching his hair dance with the breeze.

"Why did he choose to give Tessaiga to Inuyasha?" Sesshomaru asks stoically of emotions, only focusing on the horizon.

I look ahead too and tell him, "In the future I saw, you had to live thinking your father favoured Inuyasha over you, so I will tell you the reason to ease your mind. Demons are independent, but half-breeds and humans are dependable, they need something to protect themselves with, unlike demons like you. Plus, you'll have a sword stronger than a thousand Tessaiga. It took you nearly 200 years to obtain it, let's see how long will it take you to obtain it when I'm around."

"I'm not interested in the future anymore," Sesshomaru says and turns, walking away, but I choose to stay at the cliff.

I lean onto the nearest rock and take in the scent of the air. My hair slightly dances so I close my eyes and enjoy the moment. This moment of peace is beautiful. I just wish that Sesshomaru would appreciate my efforts to make his life easier, but does he really need that? Do I give up and let him live his life however he wishes?

The moment when Sesshomaru dashed to save his father flashes in my mind so I give a smile, reminding myself that Sesshomaru simply doesn't show emotions, but sometimes his actions do. He unintentionally shows how much he cares. Just like that one time, he pushed Inuyasha out of the way to take the dragon twister, knowing Inuyasha won't survive it. Another time was when he saved Kagome when they were inside Naraku's body, and another was when he helped Inuyasha's friends.

The question is, is that the Sesshomaru affected by Inu no Taisho's death or is that Sesshomaru's character?

I decide to get up as I see the night sky above me and aim to get rest so I enter the palace. My eyes search for Toga and thankfully I find him. "Let me guess, you need rest," he says with a smile. I smile back and nod to his assumption. "I asked someone to prepare a room for you. Let me walk you," he continues and moves ahead so I increase my pace to walk beside him.

"Thank you for believing me," I shyly say. To be honest, I don't know how things would have turned out if he didn't believe me. He is easy to speak to, unlike Sesshomaru who rarely talks.

"Why are you doing all this?" he asks.

I frow because I know I already answered that question before. "Because this world needs you," I answer.

"Is that really it?"

▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬

😔 I still wish that Inu no Taisho was really alive in the anime. I think he would have made a great father & grandfather.

Hope you had fun reading this chapter 😉

See you later 🍬

-👑 Noorie.