Chapter 3

"Who is Izayoi?" Toga asks masking confusion which makes me tilt my head.

Does he really want to hide this from Sesshomaru?

Toga releases a sigh and glances at Sesshomaru then back at me, saying, "Let's talk in private." I follow him into a big hall, probably isolated from the world. "How did you know about Izayoi?" he starts and turns to look at me with a fierce look.

I knew it. I shouldn't have said her name in front of Sesshomaru. "I apologize for my insensitivity. I know that she will be pregnant soon and will get abducted while giving birth to your son. I advise you to tell Sesshomaru about this and bring her to the palace until she safely gives birth," I elegantly speak and wait for his reply.

If he refuses to inform Sesshomaru and his wife about this, he will definitely die, and everything I want to change will be impossible. Toga's death affected everything; Kirinmaru threatened both worlds, and Inuyasha lived a harsh life hated by demons and humans, giving Onigomu the chance he wanted to bring an end to Kikyo and Inuyasha's love story. Not to mention how lost Sesshomaru was when Toga entrusted Tessiaga to Inuyasha and not him.

Toga needs to live no matter what-

"Bringing a human wife to the palace is out of the question," he refuses as expected.

"Then bring me to her. I will make sure she is safe from whatever threat I know is coming her way," I strongly suggest.

He gives a slight hum probably trying to weigh my words and asks, "How will that Takemaru kill me?"

"You were weak from the battle against Ryukotsusei and will blindly fight Takemaru with So'unga which will kill the two of you and get buried under the flaming palace," I state and watch him fist his hand. He believes me. It's a great sign that he believes what I'm saying.

"Will Izayoi and my son live?"

He is nuts.

"They will live-"

"That's good for me-" he cuts me off, so I do the same.

"-in hell. Izayoi will shed tears every day and will never find joy in life. Your son will live a lonely life hated by everyone even by Sesshomaru who will make sure Inuyasha remembers he took your life," I angrily say in one go not realizing the mistake.

"So you finally said his name. Inuyasha is it!"

I bite my lip and watch him smile at my unintentional mistake.

"You have already said so much, mentioning his name won't change a thing."

He is right.

"So what are you going to do with this information?" I ask and cross my arms.

"I will have to put an end to that Takemaru of Setsuna without using So'unga. I won't allow my loved ones to be threatened by such prophecy."

As he finishes his words, he storms out of the room so I quickly run before him to stop his crusade. "You are going now!" I exclaim as I try to keep up with his pace with my back facing the right direction to walk in.

He nodes and I immediately put both my arms in front of me to stop him from going any further, "You need to plan first, and you need to put aside So'unga. You can't just go there with that sword on your back. As much as I'm aware of your willpower, you are currently not thinking clearly which will lead to the same result of you killing yourself. Leave So'unga behind." I pause for a moment before suggesting, "How about you give it to Sesshomaru until you come back?"

Thankfully, Toga stops and thinks over what I told him, but now Sesshomaru comes and I am sure he will demand an explanation.

"You seem in a rush," Sesshomaru states. He looks carefully at his father.

Toga sighs and takes out So'unga then hands it to a very perplexed Sesshomaru. "Father, Where are you going?" He asks.

"Somewhere, keep this with you until I come back," Toga says and walks away.

Sesshomaru gives me a guilt-tripping look while he sheathes the sword to his waistband, asking "What did you tell him?"

"If he decided not to tell you then I can't tell you either. Just trust him and wait for his return," I say, hoping he will listen to me. However, Sesshomaru was never the obeying type. He just loves doing things his way without giving much thought to how it might affect others.

For that sole reason, I decide to follow him without him noticing. More like convincing myself that he doesn't know of my presence. Who am I kidding, I know he senses me! But as long as he doesn't rat me out, I will stay hidden.

I watch Sesshomaru as he looks at a distance, so I take a glance too but quickly cover my mouth with my hand when I recognize the place. It is the palace where Takemaru of Setsuna lives at. In less than a minute, I hear screams and clashing swords. My heart suddenly beats so fast when I hear and see the familiar arrows land on Inu no Taisho. I remember clearly the scene where Toga storms into the palace with Tessaiga, kills more than a dozen people and gets shot by arrows, not really deadly to him, but the familiar scene makes me worried.

I glance at Sesshomaru, but he disappears from my sight so I hysterically look for him through the forest, but a familiar green light comes into my sight so I look in its direction to see Sesshomaru in the palace, killing those whom his father chose to keep alive with his Light Whip.

"No, he has So'unga," I unconsciously say out loud in fear. My mind recalls the horrifying scene of Toga's death. I slide down the hill to take the shortest route to the palace, and since I don't have the luxury of thinking, I quickly run to catch up to Sesshomaru.

However, I am too late.

"Give me So'unga," Inu no Taisho orders Sesshomaru in anger, who places his hand on the sword and gives his father a concerned look.

"No don't. That's not your father talking," I warn and beg Sesshomaru to keep it.

'Are you going to listen to a mere human or your great father?'

A deep voice speaks, making the three of us look at So'unga. I know it's So'unga talking, and I know how manipulative that bastard is. I also know that Toga's mind is clouded by one thought which is killing Takemaru, but Sesshomaru is always clear-minded. I am sure he won't allow that sword to cloud his judgement.

'So you are going to follow the human, you will be a laughing stock to all full demons' So'unga evilly says and laughs with the purpose of pissing Sesshomaru off.

Sesshomaru calmly pulls out So'unga, making me take fast strides towards him to stop him, but he gives me a firm look to prevent me from coming any further.

"If he dies being consumed by So'unga, I wish not to call him father ever again," Sesshomaru says, making my heart sink.

I know he considers his father as his rival, but this is going too far. He doesn't understand the long-term consequences of his actions. "I know you care for no one other than yourself, but this world is in need of your father," I firmly say, but as expected he doesn't listen and tosses the sword to his father, who easily catches it.

Inu no Taisho holds the sword upright and points it to the sky as a red cloud slowly starts to form. He will die. A tear runs down my cheek. Izayoi isn't even pregnant yet. Did I add more regrets? I look down at my feet and hide my face in my hands as now I realize that everything about Inuyasha will seize to exist, and Sesshomaru will still be left without a father.

"I will be fine my child," Toga's tender voice lingers in my ears, so I hurriedly look up and see him standing in front of me while So'unga is neatly sheathed on his back. A tear leaves my eye ducts as I see him well, so he worriedly places his hand on my shoulder to calm me down. 

"I will have to delay killing Takemaru. Destroying So'unga will need to come first."

▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬

Here is another chapter. I hope you enjoyed it and waiting for more.

Let's see how things will go 😉

-👑 Noorie.