Chapter 27

I feel like I recognize that voice from somewhere, but if my hunch is correct, how did he enter the palace without resistance? I poke my head to my right to confirm my suspicion, and that's when I see the dark red wavy hair. It's definitely Kirinmaru, but how did he reach this place this easily? And how did he know of the presence of the Goddess?

"I'm not sure what you are talking about, Kirinmaru," Toga attempts to keep my identity hidden. It's fine. He can't smell my scent. I hold onto my necklace in worry, and the moment I let my hand loose beside me, I feel something gracing my skin, but I see nothing.

"Do not move," Sesshomaru warns me while elaborating, "Your body is surrounded by Zero's threads."

She is here too.

I heed Sesshomaru's warning and stay still, but I have no clue how he will deal with this situation. I am aware that Toga and Kirinmaru have a history of clashing swords, but I can't help but feel anxious.

"Is that her?" Kirinmaru asks with a sly smile while approaching me. Even though Sesshomaru doesn't move from in front of me, Kirinmaru somehow finds it unthreatening for himself to get closer to me. I hear Sesshomaru grit his teeth and instantly put his claws under Kirinmaru's chin.

"I see! Your son is nothing like you, Inu no Taisho," Kirinmaru mocks and glances at Sesshomaru from the corner of his eyes while uttering, "You warned her not to move. You should listen to your own words too."

I look at Sesshomaru and see blood seeping from his arm. Is Sesshomaru's body surrounded by Zero's threads too? Damn it, I can't see them.

Hey Athanasia! This will be a great time to show up. Please do something.

"What is it that you want, Kirinmaru?" Toga asks, and I suddenly feel him standing behind me. I can't even look. These demons are scary. I can feel my heart rate increasing.

"I came to see the rumours. I was told she had an exceptional scent, yet I sense nothing," Kirinmaru says and leans towards me, but Sesshomaru's claws grace Kirinmaru's neck. "Oh! How threatening," he mocks and leaps backwards.

Sesshomaru lowers his arm, but in that instant Kirinmaru shows up in front of Sesshomaru and pushes his arm inside Sesshomaru's chest. "Let's share the same misery, Inu no Taisho," Kirinmaru mutters while glancing at Toga.

I freeze upon seeing Kirinmaru's arm pass through Sesshomaru's back which has been facing me since the beginning, but now it has a hole in it.

Do demons survive such injury?

Even if not, Toga has Tenseiga, but was Sesshomaru never in a life-threatening situation? Will this be the first time Toga uses Tenseiga on him?

I don't know.

Kirinmaru's hand move to release itself, but Toga leaps in front of me and holds onto Kirinmaru's arm.

Why does Toga look worried?

"What are your intentions in harming my son?" Toga inquires of Kirinmaru.

"I said let's share the same misery," unlike the earlier mocking tone, Kirinmaru says it this time with anger. "I came for your help to save Rion, but you refused to use Tenseiga and only agreed on keeping her prisoner in your mountain, now-" Kirinmaru angrily pulls out his arm off Sesshomaru's chest and looks at the ground while ordering, "Now, Zero. Get rid of Sesshomaru, and if you use Tenseiga on him, I will have to kill him in front of you twice."

"I harbour no ill feelings for you, Inu no Taisho," Zero says before forming a fist with her hand.

Blood.