Chapter 19

Toga looks at me with a visible frown. I know he is pissed by the Goddess's attitude, and I am sure there is nothing he can do about it-

"Zuri thinks you are pissed by my attitude, are you?" She sassily says while heading to take the nearest chair to occupy.

Agrh, please don't say my thoughts out loud. They are called thoughts for a reason. If I want to tell him something, I will voice it out to him myself.

"If you are going to answer one question then answer this," he says and pauses for a second before proceeding, "When do I expect you to leave this world?"

Athanasia giggles at the question, but on the contrary, I feel offended. I know it's just a game for her, but this world is everything to me, and she is making it hard on me more than on Toga and his family.

"The when is indefinite because I will have to go find Anasewa first then I will let you know the time of my departure," She answers while arrogantly crossing her legs.

"Who is this Anasewa?" Toga asks another question.

"A Demigoddess, the lowest breed since her other half is human, but her powers are of great use to me," Surprisingly Athanasia answers. Sudden silence overtakes the room, so Athanasia gets up and walks towards the door while saying, "Since you have no more questions, I will go my own way now. Zuri thanks you for your hospitality though."

I said nothing!

She waves at the two of them without looking at them and heads towards the closed door, but Sesshomaru stops us. "I will join them," he announces to his father, making Athanasia turn her head towards him with an excited smirk.

"Are you sure you want to go to that place? It's filled with half-demons," Athanasia pauses to watch his expression which obviously doesn't change. "You are no fun," She whines and sighs. "Fine, but don't hinder me," She continues with a wicked smile and glances at Sesshomaru's fisted hand, giggling at his frustrated reaction.

"I will leave Zuri to you since she knows more about Horai Island," Athanasia says while yawning, and I suddenly lose balance, but thankfully before meeting the floor, I get control of my body.

"Such a handful Goddess," I comment while rubbing the dust off my uniform. I glance at Sesshomaru from the corner of my eyes and let out a sigh. 

Now, we'll go on a journey together to a place filled with the type of people he hates.

I head towards the big table filled with scattered maps and other documents. I take out one of the detailed maps and feel Inu no Taisho walk towards me so I point at an empty location and ask, "Why does this area have a question mark?"

"I got different reports regarding it so I was deciding to validate it on my own, but I got caught up with other things," he replies, and I hum in understanding.

"That must be the location of the island. Sesshomaru and I will head to that shore, and Athanasia will probably be able to see it," I reassuringly say, recalling that the island is invisible to the world. 

Athanasia will be able to see it, right?

Sesshomaru and I leave Toga's study in silence and head outside the palace. Ah-Un follows me so I halt and turn to it, saying, "Stay here. I am returning you to Lady Inukimi."

Ah-Un groans and shoves his heads in my arms so I pat him realizing that it's not his fault his owner is being an arrogant boss. "Okay, only this once then I will be returning you," I say as I pat it. I climb on it and hold onto the reins then fly after Sesshomaru who just leaps away without a warning, probably trusting Ah-Un that it'll keep up with him. I smile, and all of a sudden feel dizzy. My eyes slowly shut down.