Chapter 1

Zuri is my name. A name was given to me by my mother after finding out how special I was as a newborn. She told me I was born with long purple hair, knowing that newborns don't have much hair, yet mine reached my collarbone which fascinated everyone. Beautiful, that's what my name means. However, now sometimes I see how disappointed my mother is in me and my actions. Yes, I have to admit I am not on my best behaviour but guess what, being born as a beauty comes with some downfalls for example a stupid brain.

I'm currently 19 years old and a high school retaker. Some won't find it a big problem, but for my family, being at the top of my class is the most important thing a person my age should think of. However, I don't have the same thoughts as them. I have my own life I want to live, and I have my own world I want to engulf myself in. I am an Otaku who loves watching anime, going to anime events and doing cosplay; that's my true passion. A passion my parents will never support because it doesn't include having a respectful degree.

I look at the bathroom mirror in front of me and sigh while hearing my mother yell for me to get ready for school. I scowl and yell back that I'm almost ready. I leave the bathroom connected to my room and look at the big poster hung up on my wall. A smile forms on my face as I tell the poster, "Sadly my supreme conquest is going to school whereas yours is fighting demons." I wave at Sesshomaru's poster and pick up both my bag and car keys.

I'm sure I didn't mention that Inuyasha is my all-time favourite anime.

I gesture for my younger sister to get off the couch and meet me by the car so I can drop us both at school. Therefore, she follows me, and we both ride in the car. I put the keys in the car and look at the small Sesshomaru figure placed on the dashboard, so I poke it and smile. "If someone sees you, he'll think you are the one in grade 6, not me," Jane says, making me giggle at her remark and drive off to school.

A typical boring day at school goes by as slowly as usual, and I decide to skip the other half. I send my sister a text, telling her to get home by bus since I'm skipping. Jane doesn't mind and sends an okay back. It's not the first time I did that, so she got used to it. She is like my safe keep. Everything I do stays between the two of us, nobody needs to know precisely because if my parents knew, they would make my life a living hell and no one needs that.

During lunchtime, I grab my bag and sneak out to my car then drive off to where! To the nearest empty beach like always. I stop the car and slightly put back my seat and unexpectedly get a glimpse of myself in the rear mirror. "You got to be kidding me," I curse under my breath when I notice the roots of my hair starting to show my purple hair which I dyed black to avoid controversy. 

During my time in kindergarten, the teachers would preach to my mother how unhealthy it is to dye a child's hair purple so to avoid unnecessary glances, she decided to dye it black. A universal hair color. I sigh and harshly lean back in my seat. A few minutes later, I open my eyes after hearing a knock on my window, so I slowly open my eyes and look to my side to see a police officer.

Did I fall asleep?

"You can't park here," the officer says so I apologize and start my car to get back home after realizing it has been an hour since I have been here. Time to go home or mom will realize the skipping school part. Jane won't be able to cover that up.

As I start the car and start moving only a few 100 meters, my head starts to hurt. Wtf is wrong? A sudden burst of light comes my way, and I lose all my senses. At that moment, my eyes make out an image of a truck speeding in my direction. I can't move my body. In no time the truck gives a loud honk, but my body still doesn't respond, only to meet the expected crash.

I have no clue how much time has passed since the crash, but the feeling of emptiness I have right now doesn't seem right. A car crash is supposed to be followed by indescribable pain, and why am I in a dark place? Did I go blind? My brain is going numb from all the thinking; guess, I'm really stupid after all.

I crouch and place my hand on the darkness under me, but suddenly everything changes like magic. The darkness transforms into a huge landscape of grass. I quickly get up and stumble backwards, automatically falling on my butt, that's when I see the huge tree in front of me. I immediately gulp as my brain starts to make out the shape of the tree, recognizing every bit of it. "The Tree of Ages Inuyasha was imprisoned onto," I say in awe and in wonder.

This must be a dream. I can't be in the feudal era. 

I get up and approach the tree, placing my hand on it. 

"It was fun being here, now take me back," I speak to the tree like a lunatic. I know it's just a dream, and I will eventually wake up, but I need to wake up now because this world is far from safe for a defenseless human like me. So, before a demon comes my way, can you please send me back to my house or to the car accident? I'd rather get scolded by my mother than stay a second in this place. I stay for a minute or so begging the tree to send me back, but to no avail. 

Damn, tree.

I let go of the tree and decide to find the bone eater's well. I know I need the Shikon jewel and trying won't bring me harm.  I rush to find the well, but that gut feeling that I won't find it overtook my mind. Therefore, I decided to run to Kaede's village sure that she would be able to help me and hopefully, Kagome and Inuyasha would be there.

Thankfully after a few minutes of stumbling and running to find the village, I see it at a near distance. Gosh finally. I approach the first person I see and ask for Kaede's place. However, he doesn't know her which leaves me in shock. Everyone knows Kaede. Sesshomaru with all his grace knows who Kaede is, how come this person doesn't know her? I ask another person, and I only get the same response and start to grab attention due to my so unfamiliar wardrobe, so I just tell them I came from a foreign land.

I rub my temples in frustration and ask about Inuyasha and Kagome, but I get the same answer. Nobody knows who I am asking for. This means one of two things; I am either in the far future, so Inuyasha and Kagome are dead, or I am in the far past. I sigh as my brain thinks and finally asks the important question, "What year is this?"

"1346," One of the villagers answers me, leaving my mouth agape.

INU NO TAISHO DIES NEXT YEAR.

▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬

Hello, everyone specifically Inuyasha fans,

As you can see this is my first anime fan fiction 😊 so be kind to me, and if it seems too cringe, just roll your eyes and get it over with😂

So yeah, this whole book is a spoiler to everything related to Inuyasha and Yashahime plus the movies, final acts and etc so if you haven't watched any of the above, expect to get bombarded with spoilers 😆

A side important note, Zuri is from the year 2150.

-👑 Noorie.