Chapter 36

"Sesshomaru, what happened while I was gone?" I ask and watch his expressions change with multiple unfamiliar ones, but there is one I am confident about the meaning behind it.

Hesitance.

For some reason, Sesshomaru is hesitant to give an answer. I'm now curious to know what I missed during those 3 months because it seems like I have missed so much of Sesshomaru's character development.

"She was a nuisance," He decides to choose those words as an answer after 5 whole minutes of silence. 

I sigh and cross my arms while I confidently ask, "Wasn't I a nuisance as well?"

Surprisingly, he quickly answers with a firm no which catches me off-guard. I giggle at his answer and carefully approach him. "I'm not sure what happened in that short time to make you hate Athanasia like this, but I'm glad you found a way to bring me back. I'm grateful for that," I thank him with a warm smile, making his expression loosen up.

"Ah! By the way, congratulations on being entrusted with the Tenseiga," I say while I take a seat on my bed.

"Father thought it was best for me to carry around," He answers, and I wait for more details. "After what happened to you 3 months ago, he told me to find a way to reach Anubis using the Tenseiga and didn't ask for it back since then," he elaborates.

I hum as I hear his words, and I realize how much time it took him to look for a way to reach me. I'm not sure if he did that because it was an order his father gave or it was out of his own will. Does it matter though? He probably did it to keep Athanasia in check and avoid waking the other Gods.

I glance at the balcony that now seems so distant, yet still, the tree branches dance in the moonlight like always. I smile and ask while watching the nostalgic scene, "Did Athanasia cause trouble?"

"You can ask her yourself," He answers and heads to the door to leave. For a brief moment, he halts in front of the door and announces, "You have a visitor." However, I can hear the hostility in his voice. Is it by any chance Izayoi? 

He harshly opens the double door, revealing a startled Izayoi as I expected, but Inuyasha is in her arms and he doesn't seem to be happy. Sesshomaru doesn't spare Izayoi a glance and passes by her as if she doesn't exist.  

I sigh and head to Izayoi, letting her in. "I'm sorry. I'm well aware you are exhausted, but-" She suddenly halts with shame filling her eyes while looking at Inuyasha who seemed like he cried a lot. "Lady Athanasia is the only person who Inuyasha finds comfort in. Over the past 3 months, he would cry all night, but fall asleep the moment he feels Lady Athanasia's presence beside him," She elaborates and sadly looks at the floor. "I'm ashamed as his mother to be of no help to him, but may I ask for your help?"

I'm speechless. What do I do in such a situation? I barely spent a day with Inuyasha before disappearing, but somehow he still grew attached to me. I didn't try to save Izayoi for him to grow attached to me. He needs to spend as much time as possible with his mother. I need to refuse this, but with that look on Izayoi's face, how can I?

She was a nuisance.

Suddenly, Sesshomaru's words resonate in my head. This must be one of her multiple nuisance acts. I'm sure Sesshomaru won't say such a word without accounting for it. I'm sorry Sesshomaru, but looking after Inuyasha is a given. One day, you will be able to understand.

I open my arms for Izayoi to give me Inuyasha while stating, "He must have given you a hard time. You seem exhausted, why don't you get some rest?"

Izayoi thanks me and leaves the room. I sigh as I look at that small troublemaker and head to the balcony, but I get a little shocked when I see Ah-Un there. "You seem delighted to see me," I say between giggles as I pat it. 

I watch the horizon and make sure that Inuyasha is sharing the same view as me. "You know, Inuyasha. In the anime, the world used to revolve around you, and I'm sure it was exhausting for you. Now, things changed. You will have your real happy ending," I say, filling the silence.

After a few minutes on the balcony, I notice Inuyasha falling asleep, so I decide to call it a day and head to the bed to get some sleep as well, but the moment I place my head on the pillow, I find myself standing in front of Athanasia in the familiar abyss.

"I pulled you here. Don't give me that anxious expression," Athanasia says, and I quickly loosen up my expression. "Anyway, I wanted to warn you about multiple things. One, Inuyasha moves so much in his sleep so make sure he doesn't fall off. Two, Izayoi isn't getting any better she is just hiding it. Three, I got into an argument with Inukimi so I told her about the truth behind this whole place being part of a comic book. Four, Sesshomaru officially hates me, not that I care. Five, hmm the reason behind number four is Toga, and six, we are merging sooner than expected," She says in one go without giving me a chance to ask for an explanation.

I stand there frozen for a few seconds, replaying in my head the words she just said over and over in an attempt to comprehend the simplest one of them which is certainly number one, but what about the rest? 

Ah! Izayoi isn't getting better. I know about that so why am I shocked? 

Inukimi and argument. What argument? Wait did she just say that she TOLD HER ABOUT THIS PLACE BEING PART OF A COMIC BOOK?

"Are you freaking nuts?" I yell at her in anger. "What in the world were you thinking when you told her about that? Did she even believe you?" I continue to burst out in fury.

Athanasia sighs calmly and answers, "She didn't seem like she believed it at the beginning but somehow she did. I told her though that this comic might be wrong because if this place is really from a comic book then explain how I was successful in sending us to this time?" 

I widen my eyes at her question and hesitantly express, "T-then h-how did the Mangaka know?"

"I'm not sure about that too, but I find it suspicious. You might think it's a different dimension, but I assure you that's nonsense."

I scoff in frustration and state, "I'll have to find out the truth when I get back. Now onto the next point. How on Earth did you make Sesshomaru hate me? You know well enough that I love Sesshomaru with all my heart, couldn't you be a little bit considerate?"

She suddenly goes quiet and looks the other way while crossing her arms as if she wants to convey something but is holding onto it. "Hey, say something," I urge her.

In frustration, she ruffles her hair and says, "You love Sesshomaru with all your heart, and I love Toga with all my heart. That's why number five exists."

Huh!

HUH!

"Y-you WHAT? Are you out of your mind?" I yell at her.

"He is nice, gentle, and takes good care of me. Unlike his cold-hearted son who doesn't show any kind of warmth. I don't see why you like that brat," She answers, and I feel every cell in my body boiling with rage. If I could, I would kill her right this moment.

"I can't die," She reminds me and that's when I lose it.

"You are fucking banned from using this body," I holler at her and leave the abyss to see Inuyasha quietly looking at me with questioning eyes. I sigh and wonder if he was able to hear my voice.

I pat his head and watch him as he goes to sleep again, but damn it, that bitch. I can't sleep after knowing all these pieces of information. How am I supposed to face either Sesshomaru or Toga now? 

But-

For Sesshomaru to notice Athanasia's feelings, Toga must share them too. 

Sesshomaru is right. Athanasia is a nuisance.

This whole crap is some unethical bullshit. 

▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬

Let's give Sesshomaru a little push 🤗

I enjoyed writing this chapter. I hope you did too.😉

See you later 🍬

-👑 Noorie.