Chapter 15

So it was his ego just like Inukimi assumed, and he holds grudges, proving me wrong.

Earlier, I went to Inu no Taisho and asked about the reason behind his attitude towards me, but his answer was that I interfered too much with his decision-making. 

Is he for real?

"Inu no Taisho," I pause and look at him dead serious as I continue, "I am well aware of how powerful you are. I don't need to direct you to the right path because that is already the path you will choose. However, if by any chance my guidance has caused you to lose faith in yourself, I will gladly step aside and just watch you as you learn from your mistakes."

"Mistakes, huh!" Toga giggles in amusement, confusing me. It wasn't meant as a joke but rather as an insult so why is he laughing? "Dear Zuri, mistake is another word for glory so if I die making a mistake, my children will carry on. I assure you, I do not have a death wish, but I don't plan on avoiding it either," He proceeds.

I groan in frustration as I say, "Damn it, the only thing your children will carry on doing, is hate and fight each other, so can't you just avoid giving Sesshomaru an excuse to hate his unborn brother when he already hates half demons. "

"Rivarity is a part of forging a great demon," he answers, making me rub my temples in frustration.

This man is giving me a headache.

"What are you trying to prove to me right now because I feel at a loss?" I ask and cross my arms as I watch him take a step towards me.

"I have no obligation to prove anything to you-" he suddenly halts, and his eyes shift away from me. I also notice his nose twitching. 

"Excuse me," he says and disappears.

"My Lord-" a demon unexpectedly barges into the study probably looking for Toga, but he immediately stops when he finds only me. He bows slightly and leaves in a rush.

What is happening?

I take a step outside the study, seeing nothing but chaos. The demons are gathering for some reason and are heading somewhere that's when I catch a glimpse of Irgal so I quickly pull him out of the chaos. "What in the world is going on here?" I ask him.

"Lady Izayoi has been abducted, and Ryukotsusei's seal is broken," he quickly informs me and immediately leaves to follow his peers.

What? Ryukotsusei's seal is broken? This early! And Izayoi is abducted? But Toga left a demon to keep a close eye on her, so how did a mere human overpower a demon without giving Izayoi the chance to escape? 

I don't get any of this.

As I decide to follow the demons, someone holds my arm to stop me from leaving so I look up and see Sesshomaru. "You have to evacuate the palace, it's not safe here," he says in a firm tone.

"But isn't the palace protected from any external invaders? I know this place can't be visited by anyone," I say back, trying to figure out why everyone is overreacting.

"Ryukotsusei is powerful enough to sense this place," Sesshomaru clarifies as I follow him outside. We walk to Ah-Un, and he hands me the bridle for me to get on it. Without hesitation, I do that and watch Sesshomaru fly ahead of us, and Ah-Un follows him.

I hold onto the bridle tightly. As I look down to watch the chaos, I see Toga raising his claws and slashing a demon's throat open in anger. "Isn't that Lady Izayoi's guard?" I question and receive a hum from Sesshomaru. I have never seen Inu no Taisho act this brutally towards someone of his people. That demon must have neglected his duties.