Chapter 41

Athanasia and I have so much in common; no wonder we are the same person. In my world, my family never encouraged me to do what I find enjoyable. They always found a way to put me down and destroy my dreams of becoming a mangaka or an animator, telling me it's something that would die soon and wouldn't give me good pay. Athanasia is the same in a way that her family never thought of her and how lonely an immortal being can be. Instead of finding a way to prolong their life, they should have thought of a way to help Athanasia rest in peace.

I sigh and glance at Toga, who says, "In order to be able to protect you from your family, you will have to cooperate with us."

Athanasia mockingly chuckles and replies, "Do me a favor and just protect yourself. No matter what they do, I won't die. The worst thing that can happen to me is to lock me up for eternity."

"Don't you find that unpleasant?" Toga genuinely asks. I understand his question, but will she? Lack of compassion is something Athanasia and Sesshomaru have in common, something I pity them for.

"It doesn't matter much to me. It's not like there is someone who'll miss me," Athanasia's words stab my heart as I come to a realization that the only one who cared for her is Anubis, who is currently out of mind and reach.

I sympathize with her-

With myself.

I'm not even sure if my parents are real or if this body was just inserted in the woman I call mother's womb.

"We will," Toga's words pull me back to reality. "We won't allow you to be locked up. Maybe no one was able to protect you in the time of Gods, but now you are a Goddess in the demon world, the very place I exist in," Toga proceeds with a strong and stern gaze.

His speech makes my heart flutter or that might be Athanasia's heart. I shake my head in disbelief at the thought of my heart having space for not only the son but for the father as well. How shameful of me!

Gosh, I feel shy looking at either of them.

'Shut up, it was you, not me,' Athanasia comments, making me widen my eyes at her unexpected comment.

"In that case, you will need to prepare for what's coming your way. Let's meet at the arena," Athanasia states and casually leaves the study.

'Where are we going now?' I curiously ask when I find her not heading to the arena like she mentioned earlier.

'I need to speak with Inukimi first. I have a task for her,' Athanasia calmly answers, unlike her normal sassy and mocking tone. She is taking this seriously, which is starting to scare me.

We head to the library in hopes of finding Inukimi whom we thankfully find there. "What brings you here?" Inukimi asks me while I take a seat opposite her.

"Well, I have a task for you," Athanasia says with a sly smile.

She points at the Meido stone around Inukimi's neck and says, "That, find a way to communicate with Anubis through it. I need to speak with him, and here-" She pauses and hands Inukimi her book as a reference. "You may find some helpful information," Athanasia proceeds and gets up to leave.

"Where are you going?" Inukimi asks probably feeling overwhelmed by Athanasia's task.

"I have to go and train Toga and Sesshomaru. I'm not sure if the latter will show up, though," She answers.

"Can't I join?" Inukimi suggests, but Athanasia lets her down since Inukimi needs to find the answer to her task as soon as possible.

After my meeting with Inukimi, I head to the arena as planned. Athanasia and I stay switched as expected since I have no idea how to use my powers let alone train two extremely powerful beings.

Athanasia finds a place to sit, rests her head on her hand with her legs crossed and says with a smile, "Why don't you two try to kill each other?"

Obviously, the three of us widen our eyes at her, but she just sighs and elaborates, "I'm just saying spare but in a serious manner. I only know in words that the two of you are powerful, but I've never actually seen the extent of your powers."

I gulp and watch Sesshomaru and Toga unsheathe their swords. Toga holds Tessaiga firmly in front of him and states, "You better not disappoint me, son."

Sesshomaru doesn't reply and disappears from my sight, but Athanasia looks up and smirks upon seeing Sesshomaru rushing like a comet to attack Toga from above. "My, my. He managed to completely hide his presence for a second. I almost lost him," She sassily comments.

Toga chuckles and forms a massive storm around himself, probably preparing for the backlash wave while uttering, "But I never did."

A huge blast forms upon impact between the two of them, forming a large fog. Athanasia uncrosses her legs and watches closely while I stay stunned by how fast they're clashing swords.

"Not enough," Athanasia clicks her tongue in irritation and teleports between them in an instant, stopping their sparring session. "Maybe I wasn't clear when I said try to kill each other. How about we change that to try to kill me," Athanasia says, and I see Sesshomaru's posture changing. Not only his stance but his facial expression changes as well.

"You are defenceless," Toga states, and at that moment, I see the regret in his eyes. I gulp and look at my hand, seeing myself holding the Tessaiga. I don't even know when she took it or how she managed to take it out of Toga's grip. I am as confused and shocked as he is.

Is that the power of Gods?

"YOU are defenceless," Athanasia highlights and tosses the sword on the floor, showing him how useless Tessaiga is.

"Ah," Athanasia says and turns to Sesshomaru's direction, continuing, "I can feel your grip tightening around your sword, Sesshomaru. However, that sword can't kill me, let alone leave a scratch on me. Remember, I was the one who killed that demon."

Sesshomaru glances at Tenryu and back at Athanasia. For a few seconds, he doesn't utter a word but eventually says, "What if you are wrong?"

Athanasia chuckles and answers, "I will let you try-"

Before Athanasia could finish her words, Sesshomaru dashes towards us and whispers, "Break Point One."

I tilt my head in confusion as well as Athanasia, who suddenly freezes in her place for a few seconds, before saying while ruffling her hair in irritation, "What was that?"

What happened? There is some tension in the air.

"Your skin can't be penetrated, but your bones can be broken," Sesshomaru starts and pauses as he looks at his sword, Tenryu, then proceeds, "Tenryu doesn't need to penetrate the skin. I only broke one bone, but your extraordinary regeneration makes this sword useless. You are right."

Wait a second! When Tenryu touched my side, it broke the ribcage bone of which it touched without piercing my skin. Am I understanding that correctly? He could have the chance to break every bone in my brain if that sword touched my head, but he just decided to give Athanasia a warning.

"Ah, Zuri. You are giving me a headache and pissing me off. You are so blinded by Sesshomaru's strength that you think he can harm me. Listen, Zuri! Those two will be the first ones to die if they stand in front of a God with that level of strength. You know why! Because they never knew how to unleash their powers," Athanasia says in frustration.

"It seems that, for some odd reason, Anubis sealed his kin's powers." 

▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬

Thank you so much for 1k+ votes 🥳

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and waiting for more~ 🤗

See you later 🍬

-👑 Noorie.