Chapter 44

I get lost in thoughts as I gaze at the moving curtain by the newly built balcony from where I sit on the couch with my hand resting under my chin. What do you think they are doing right now? I let my thoughts fly through since it has been easy lately to chat with Athanasia. It appears that she is the only one here who is trying to give me support and not stress me out with anxiety.

The sound of Inuyasha's soft huffs grabs my attention, so I glance at him and smile as he struggles to crawl towards me. I keep watching him and patiently wait for him to reach the couch. With a big smile, I pick him up and say, "Fine, I will wait for them like I waited for you to crawl all the way here instead of going there myself to pick you up."

Inuyasha tilts his head at me, and I giggle at his confused expression. "I wish time passes faster and have a conversation with you," I say while snuggling my head in his tiny chest. Of course, he doesn't think twice before grabbing my hair, which makes me have a short fight with him to let me go.

Being with Inuyasha makes me forget that it's been a month since the last time I saw any of those three.

I rub my nose against Inuyasha's, but he suddenly shifts his face towards the balcony, making me look in the same direction as him. I widen my eyes at the sight of Sesshomaru simply standing there.

"Such a disappointment, he felt my presence before you did," Sesshomaru calmly says.

It takes me a whole minute to gather my thoughts and quickly put Inuyasha down. I rush towards Sesshomaru and ask, "Are you alright?"

"I won't be here if I am not," He harshly answers, but even his harsh words make me feel better. It's been an entire month since I have heard his voice or seen his face.

I gaze at his face and take in all the details, trying to point out any changes. "Your eyes," I comment when I see his golden eyes glowing like Anubis's eyes used to be in the past.

'The scent of poison is unsettling,' I hear Athanasia remark, making me squint my eyes in confusion.

"What poison?" I ask, and before Athanasia can answer, Sesshomaru takes a step back and smoothly tucks his hand inside his sleeve. I tilt my head and ask him, "Why are you acting strangely?"

Sesshomaru avoids eye contact with me and answers, "I'm unable to control the poison technique I have yet."

I carefully and slowly walk towards him, asking, "Is that all?" He loosens his hands and looks at me. That's when I notice a drop of liquid dripping from his claws and onto the carpet, burning it. I gulp and hesitantly reach out to touch his hand. At that moment, I notice another drop threatening to fall, so I put my hand under his to catch it.

'Are you out of your mind?' Athanasia angrily yells at me, which leaves me baffled by the sudden tone of worry in her voice. 'That poison is not something you can rub off. It will burn the skin until it eats everything,' She elaborates and sighs in annoyance.

I raise my head to look at Sesshomaru and see his intense gaze on me. "Athanasia says it won't go away," I announce as we keep our unexpected eye contact.

Sesshomaru doesn't give me an answer and only remains standing there, which somehow has an effect on me, making me unable to move. He suddenly reaches out to hold my harmed hand and puts it close to his face. Unconsciously, I try to retract my hand from his grasp, but he pulls me to him instead, saying in a warning manner, "Stay still."

I gulp and nod. My heart thunders against my chest with every second Sesshomaru keeps hold of my hand. He gently pulls my hand towards his mouth, which makes me blush. What in the world is he doing? Is he going to bite me? I quickly close one eye while leaving the other slightly open in curiosity. However, my body freezes the moment I get a soft and moist feeling against my skin. My eyes widen as I witness him lick the area where the poison fell.

"Sesshomaru!" I say his name in a questioning tone.

He tenderly lets go of my hand, stating, "My saliva is the antidote."

I hum, and I suddenly see Inuyasha getting between Sesshomaru and me. When did he crawl here? Inuyasha innocently crawls towards Sesshomaru, but Sesshomaru takes a step back. I watch as Sesshomaru takes two steps back, reminding me of that time when Sesshomaru was pushed back in the movie by Inuyasha while holding So'unga. I giggle internally and decide to just watch how Sesshomaru will interact with his little brother.

After the second step backwards, Sesshomaru halts even though Inuyasha is still crawling towards him. I place my hand on my mouth as I intensely watch them. In an instant, Inuyasha grabs Sesshomaru's pants. I see the hesitation in Sesshomaru when his leg twitches the moment Inuyasha grabs it.

Again, I see Sesshomaru tucking his hand inside his long sleeve but this time behind his back. He doesn't want to hurt him. That can be something. Sesshomaru might actually change. Inuyasha takes his time to take a sitting position and lets go of Sesshomaru. However, Inuyasha raises his face to look at Sesshomaru and unexpectedly gives him a big smile, making Sesshomaru disappear.

"Oh, Inuyasha, dear. You made your big brother run away," I playfully say as I carry him and ruffle his hair. "How did you slip down the couch, you rascal?" I question without actually needing an answer.

"I see you went through with Anubis's words," I quickly turn in Toga's direction the moment I recognized his voice.

They are all back!

"I feel like crying," I say with tears piling up.

Toga chuckles while approaching me and pats my head, saying, "You can take it easy now. I'm here."

"You scared me. Please don't do that again. I had so many responsibilities, and I didn't know what to do since I had never ruled a country before. Also, Lady Izayoi kept asking about you every single day, but I couldn't find answers and-"

"Fine, I get it," Toga cuts my rambling short. He glances at Inuyasha and asks while ruffling Inuyasha's hair, "Has he not left this room once?" I nod in approval and inquire about Inukimi's whereabouts. "She needs more time," He answers, making me feel uneasy.

"Will it be rude of me to ask what happened?" I hesitantly utter.

Toga hums and walks towards the couch, saying while taking a seat, "For four days, we were in physical slumber, but internally, we were having a power fight with our demon. For two weeks, we lost control of our powers and had to go hunting in order to comprehend it. For another week, Akuru came to teach us how to use our eyes."

I gulp at the realization of how he divided his general powers and the power of seeing the dead into two different categories. How dangerous are those eyes? Or more like, how powerful are they now? But one thing makes me lower my head.

"Inuyasha will have to go through all that," I say with my head held low. Toga doesn't say a word, and I proceed to ask, "At what age do you think is best to let Inuyasha leave this room?"

Toga glances at Inuyasha, who is crawling on the floor and trying to play with whatever his eyes catch. The long gaze turns into a frown, and his words strike me like a bullet.

"Now is the time."

▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬

Toga no 😭 Don't do that to our baby Inuyasha.

😔

See you later 🍬

-👑 Noorie.