Chapter 26

Warning: This chapter has profanity.

Just saying since this book isn't marked as mature. 🤷‍♀️

▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬

I look at Sesshomaru and take a moment to think about the words he just said. Realistically speaking Tenseiga can open the door to the other side, yet Anubis is at its gate. However, in the anime, the Meido Zangetsuha is not entirely the afterlife but a passage to it, meaning Anubis might be at the end. 

I bite my lower lip unsure of the words I am about to say since Athanasia isn't here to confirm them. "I think you can, but you won't be able to do anything now. You have to learn how to use the Meido Zangetsuha first," I answer him and glance at Inu no Taisho. Good! He doesn't look confused, meaning Inukimi briefed him on the topic, but he is unseemingly quiet. 

"I'll meet you two at the arena," Toga suddenly utters with a firm tone and disappears into thin air. 

I glance at Sesshomaru and say, "That technique and Tenseiga are yours, do not disappoint me a second time."

Per usual he doesn't answer me and leaps away. I take Ah-Un, who is still my temporary gift, and I rush to the arena. Ah-Un gently puts me down. While I'm approaching them, I see Toga unsheathing Tenseiga and giving it to Sesshomaru. 

"There is nothing to see," Sesshomaru shares with Toga, but when he looks in my direction, his eyes widen. A slight panic rises in my spine upon seeing his unsettling expression. Why does he look shocked?

"You see it now!" Toga exclaims and walks towards me while continuing, "There is a bright soul floating out of you. I assume it belongs to the Goddess."

"Do I cut through it?" Sesshomaru asks, making me panic. 

Doesn't slashing something not of this world with Tenseiga, kill it?

He should only slash the underworld's demons who I am sure are in no way near this place filled with life.

But Athanasia is immortal, isn't she?

"Zuri," Toga alerts me so I look at him, hearing the rest of his words, "You informed me that Athanasia has been in a deep slumber. Hasn't she woken up yet?"

"No, she refuses to answer my calls," I answer him after getting back to my senses.

Toga turns to Sesshomaru's direction and says, "If you slash that soul, in normal cases the soul dies since it's not of this world, but the Goddess is immortal, meaning Tenseiga will only wake her up."

I sigh in relief, but still, Sesshomaru's expression doesn't change. Is he really thinking of slashing her soul to test what Toga said? The Sesshomaru I know will do that without an ounce of hesitation.

"Sesshomaru, I know you want to test Tenseiga, but Athanasia isn't currently in her right mind to be awakened. May I ask you to refrain from-"

Words get caught in my throat as I see Sesshomaru dashing in my direction with that same look. Tenseiga slowly flashes before my eyes, forming a slash in the empty space above my left shoulder, nearly grazing the tips of my hair on top of my head.

I freeze in my place, feeling ache all over my body. For a second, I hear the wails of someone but that sound disappears the moment I get pulled inside that black abyss. I look around for Athanasia, but as I take a step forward, I sink back into the arena, the only difference is Athanasia being in control.

Athanasia frantically looks at her surroundings and her limps then back at Sesshomaru and Toga. Why is she confused? It's not her first time in this place. Her eyes suddenly land on Tenseiga. I feel fury building up in her as she whispers while gritting her teeth, "That bloody toy."

Hey, what is wrong with you?

She is scaring me.

Athanasia storms towards Sesshomaru and angrily frowns at him while threateningly saying, "Don't you dare wake me up again."

"Or what?" Sesshomaru provokes her.

What is he doing? 

What is his purpose behind provoking her like that? She might attack him, and Tenseiga won't be enough to defend himself with, not to mention the sheath is still with Toga. 

"You brought this upon yourself, Sesshomaru. Anubis will be really sad when he receives the body of such a young dog demon," Athanasia says and slowly levitates. She evilly chuckles and glares at Sesshomaru when she reaches nearly 3000 feet above the ground. 

Unexpectedly, everything goes at double speed. Athanasia dashes towards Sesshomaru like a bullet with her arm extended in front of her, making me reminisce about how she killed Ryukotsusei in one blow. 

'Stop, please,' I beg her, but she doesn't slow down; she only gets angrier. I glance at Sesshomaru, who doesn't move an inch. I quickly close my eyes afraid to witness the impact.

THOSE STUPID DICKHEADS.

Nearly a minute passes by, and all I hear is silence. What happened? I slowly open my eyes and find myself above Sesshomaru, who is laying on the ground. I frown in confusion unable to process the situation. 

Did she decide to calm down?

"Those stones are doing a good job of preserving the Goddess's scent. Now, I'm not sure if it's her or Zuri," Sesshomaru comments and avoids eye contact.

I tilt my head. I TILT MY HEAD.

DAMN!

I immediately realize I'm back in control of my body, so I quickly get off Sesshomaru and take fast embarrassed glances at Toga, who was watching the whole situation. "I'm sorry. I'm not sure what happened," I bow and take a few steps away from Sesshomaru.

I hear Toga approaching us while saying, "You took over your body before the Goddess could cause any harm to Sesshomaru."

Oh my God, I saved him. Athanasia was really trying to kill him. 

'Hey! I know you are part of me, but don't you dare hurt him. Don't even think about it,' I warn her, but I don't feel her presence. Is she back to her slumber?

I sigh and turn in Sesshomaru's direction, only to be met by blood splashing on my face. What is that? Is that my blood? But I feel no pain. My vision gets blurry as I try to make out the scene in front of me. I get a glimpse of Sesshomaru's back facing me. His fur is white and fluffy so why am I seeing another color? Why is there red?

 "Move back," Sesshomaru utters, making me give out a confused huh in return.

I don't see anything other than his back and his white and red Moko-Moko. Is there someone in front of him? I think I feel the presence of others other than the three of us. 

As I decide to take a sidestep from behind Sesshomaru, I hear someone say, "I heard you are hiding a Goddess here, Lord Inu no Taisho."

▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬

Do you have any guesses on who said that? 😉

Athanasia and Sesshomaru don't do well together 😅 I'm trying to make them coexist, but they are strongly refusing.

See you later 🍬

-👑 Noorie.