Chapter 25

It's been a month since that serious conversation occurred in the library. Athanasia has been in deep slumber ever since. No matter how often I call her, she doesn't answer. It's as if she never existed. I don't know how much time she needs to be alone before coming back, but I have a feeling, she is just hiding to avoid reality. Maybe that book triggered some painful memories for her.

I lean on my room's balcony railing to enjoy the calm early morning breeze. The wind brushes against my face, and I close my eyes to feel every second of it. "If just everything is as perfect as this moment," I comment with a smile. I open my eyes and get startled by the presence of another.

"Inu no Taisho, you surprised me," I say, placing my hand on my chest.

Yupe, Toga and I are back to being close, more like I'm turning into his adviser. I'm not sure what happened or who started it, but eventually, things turned out like that.

"Aren't you used to that by now?" Toga comments while sitting on the railing and watching the view with me.

I chuckle and answer, "Getting startled isn't something normal people get used to."

We take a silent couple of minutes until the sun smoothly rises. I breathe in and say, breaking the silence, "I'm not sure if Lady Inukimi informed you about the stones, I'm wearing."

"I'm well aware, no need to explain. I'm here to make sure you aren't bored," he says, leaving me to giggle.

"Yeah, so you are bored," I comment and lean on the railing once again, before asking, "What's really on your mind?" 

"I'm thinking of giving the Tenseiga to Sesshomaru. Do you think it's a good call?" Toga utters, leaving me to turn in his direction with my eyes wide open from the shock, so he clears his throat to pull me out of my trance.

"Ah, now? It's way too early, plus there is no need to do that," I answer and look at the horizon again.

"Then why did I ever give it to him?" Toga curiously asks.

"Well, to protect him from his foolishness," I casually answer. I can't believe I called the man I love foolish, and yes, Tenseiga saved Sesshomaru multiple times from Tessaiga, so basically his 'foolishness'.

Toga giggles at my answer and says, "I apologize for giving you a hard time. I know I should have given you this apology a while back, but my pride was holding me back." I smile at him and say that he doesn't need to worry. 

"By the way, the Meido Zangetsuha is back in Tenseiga. It's a technique I lack interest in, yet I'm anxious to completely disregard it," He continues, catching me off-guard.

"I'm surprised to hear that, and I must tell you that technique is powerful. It's currently the only key to the afterlife. You have to hold on to it," I warn him and continue to remind him, "Plus, Sesshomaru will soon have a sword to protect him-"

"But my intention isn't for Sesshomaru to protect himself with Tenseiga," Toga says, cutting my words short which makes me look at him to hear his explanation. "I am giving him a part of me to carry with him. Sesshomaru isn't the type to stick around, he goes on long journeys by himself and that worries me, and I'm sure there is a small part of him that misses home. Tenseiga can be his home as well as putting my mind at ease." 

A knot forms in my throat as a sudden rush of memories comes through my mind. I got it all wrong. Everyone got it wrong. The Toga I know from the anime is the same one as this one right in front of me. They share the same emotions and the same actions. Toga never intended for Tenseiga to protect Sesshomaru from anything, and he definitely didn't care if Sesshomaru become more emotional, all Inu no Taisho wanted was for Sesshomaru to feel at home and watch over him through that sword.

"Zuri," Toga says my name, and I remember to breathe. I look away to hold my tears back, but I'm not sure I can because there are too many tears piling up in my eyes. "Are you okay, dear?" He asks with a voice filled with concern. Toga places his hand under my chin, slowly lifting it and gives me a confused expression. "Was it something I said?" He asks.

Before I could answer him, a strong breeze hits the two of us, grabbing our attention to look to our side. "I ask you to leave, Father," Sesshomaru utters with a frown directed at me.

At that instant, all my tears escape like a waterfall. Sesshomaru leaps between Toga and me, whispering to me, "This is the second time." He pauses and looks at me with eyes filled with wonder. "Is it because of that stupid human emotion again?" He utters.

It's some stupid human emotion called worrying, something you don't need to bother yourself with.

The tears suddenly dry out and a chuckle mixed with a hiccup leaves my mouth so I quickly put my hand on my mouth. How is he saying something like that with an expression like this? I take a deep breath before answering, "Yes and no, but weirdly enough both of them were because of you."

Yes, it's the second time, and no, it's not the same emotion. Feeling sad is an emotion I want to prevent you from ever understanding.

"Need I remind you, you were talking to my father not I?" Sesshomaru says. 

I look at him before answering, "We were talking about you."

"That's supposed to be our secret," Toga evilly says while sassily leaning on the balcony railing.

I narrow my eyes at him and say, "Do you mind if I share another secret with him?" Toga quickly stands straight and gives me a disapproving look, but yeah I know better. I came here to change things. I'm not here to just keep Toga alive, I'm here to turn these people into a family.

"Your father is going to give you Tenseiga," I break the news to Sesshomaru. A few seconds pass and I hear no words and obviously, his expression doesn't change. Therefore, I ask, "So?"

"I don't need it," Sesshomaru coldly answers, and I swear I hear Toga's heart-shattering or is that mine?

"You don't have to need it-"

"Is that what you were up to?" Sesshomaru says, cutting me off, but I don't understand. "A while back you said that Father will entrust me with the Tenseiga. Are you trying to keep your timeline?" He continues to inquire which makes me feel offended, but I understand his frustration.

"I know I told you the reason behind your Father entrusting you with Tenseiga, but my assumption was wrong. It's not because Demons are independent, and half-breeds and humans are dependable, it's because-"

"I don't need your explanation," He cuts me short again. That damn demon.

My blood boil in anger so I yell, "Listen to what I am saying before jumping to damn conclusions. I am fed up with your messy communication skills, and it's not just you. Your father lacks them too, so the two of you listen. You-" I point at Toga, who looks confused and taken aback, something I'll worry about later. "You need to explain to him your actions. Giving him the sword and leaving him to keep wondering is bad. You will only fill him with anxiety."

I turn to Sesshomaru's direction and continue my outburst, ordering him, "You listen well. That sword is not just powerful but is a key to the afterlife, you have to guard it well. Do not just throw it away. You did that a lot which pissed me off so keep it close, do you understand?"

Sesshomaru doesn't reply and glances at his father then back at me. 

What in the world is happening in that brain of his?

"Using Tenseiga, can I see Anubis?"

▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬

Ah, Sesshomaru, you are making my blood boil. He is so stubborn.

I updated 🥳

I would have felt so sad if I skipped today's update 😭

See you later 🍬

-👑 Noorie.