Chapter 58

I lock eyes with Sesshomaru's worried expression as time passes slowly while witnessing the portal close. Even after being met with sheer darkness, his expression gets carved onto my heart, leaving me to exhale heavily at the thought of breaking his heart.

However, there is no time to get worked up about my feelings because- I turn towards Inuyasha and firmly say, "You better end this."

"Nothing will end. I  haven't even started yet-"

"How dare you speak to her in my realm in that manner?" A scary voice, thunders throughout the darkness. A huge pair of glowing jewels slowly emerge from the darkness behind Inuyasha, who doesn't dare move an inch.

'Took him long enough. Thankfully now, Inuyasha is out of danger,' Athanasia comments, making me frown and look closely at the figure behind Inuyasha, realising it belongs to Anubis.  

As Anubis materializes from the darkness, his towering figure casts an ominous shadow over Inuyasha. The air becomes thick with tension, and a shiver runs down my spine as his intense gaze pierces through the void. Inuyasha, caught off guard, swallows hard, his bravado wavering.

He is truly angry.

'He is,' Athanasia confirms my thoughts.

Anubis approaches with deliberate steps, each footfall echoing like a distant drumbeat. The jewels in his eyes gleam with an otherworldly light as he extends a hand towards Inuyasha, who is now visibly uneasy.

"W-Who are you?" Inuyasha's voice wavers with every word he utters unable to connect the dots.

Anubis' gaze shifts to me, questioning, "Where have you been for him to be this ignorant?"

Without permission, Athanasia takes over my body and answers with mockery, "Seems like time isn't of the essence to you. My body has skipped seven years thanks to him." She glances at Inuyasha, making it clear who she is talking about.

Anubis silently gazes at me before he raises his palm to form a barrier around me. I feel a calming aura resonating around me while hearing him say, "Your body felt time."

The aura disappears as I frown and switch back to my body, asking, "How come my mind doesn't recall any of the memories then?"

He hums as he takes a moment to think before answering, "The reason might lay in how weak your body is."

Right, I nearly forgot this body isn't complete.

"Now now, Inuyasha, you asked who I am!" Anubis threateningly turns to Inuyasha's direction and places his palm under him. Inuyasha gazes at Anubis with eyes wide open. "My name is Anubis, commonly known as the Deity of the Underworld, and you are my descendant. I usually ignore unwelcome guests. However, your presence caused a disturbance."

He casually told Athanasia and me that he never intended on saving either us or Sesshomaru when we got stranded here ten years ago.

"W-what disturbance have I caused?" Inuyasha asks as he stumbles backwards.

Anubis hums and calmly answers in his deep voice, "The Meido Stone allows me to control your flow of energy, but you seem to hate my gift."

Inuyasha gulps as he asks, "Lady Inukimi gave it to me. What does it have to do with you?"

"Toga haven't given you much teachings. I'm dearly disappointed," Anubis says in mockery before turning to me, proceeding, "I shall send you back with Inuyasha. He needs to spend more time here."

What!

"No, aren't you being too harsh on him?" I impulsively decline. I don't know what runs inside Anubis' mind, and I'm not interested. Inuyasha returns to the demon world with me, and that must happen now.