Chapter 39

Linda is the scary Coven twin

Rovan is the soft Coven twin.

⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘⁘

I yawn in exhaustion the moment I open my eyes. Today hasn't even started yet, but I feel tired already. I sigh and glance at the peacefully sleeping Inuyasha. A smile finds its way on my face, and I lightly ruffle his fluffy hair. I glance at the mirror across the bed and whisper, "It's time for the real shit."

I take my time to get ready for the new horror adventure. It would be easier to go to an abandoned house and get teased by ghosts than go to a mountain that has sorcerers and ancient Gods. I shudder at the thought and head to the balcony to summon Ah-Un, but I fail to find him.

I tilt my head in confusion and decide to leave my room. In less than five minutes, I reach the garden and that's where I find Sesshomaru with Ah-Un. Of course, why am I surprised! Sesshomaru will accompany me. How can he stay this calm after what happened yesterday?

This man confuses me.

In silence, I approach Ah-Un, announcing my presence to Sesshomaru without saying a word, clearly showing him that I wasn't fine with whatever happened yesterday; yet, I find it confusing about why I'm the one being angry at him. I sigh and climb on Ah-Un, feeling Sesshomaru's gaze burning the nap of my head.

It takes us nearly 1 hour flying to the East to reach the Musubi Mountain. Clearly, Sesshomaru wasn't interested in speaking either since he chose to travel in silence as well, but the awkwardness is definitely killing me. Yet, I have enough pride that prevents me from being the one who starts a conversation.

We land in front of the Musubi Mountain, and I notice Jaken standing at the entrance. "Lord Sesshomaru, I haven't detected any unusual activity since yesterday," Jaken announces and Sesshomaru merely hums.

"Stay here with Ah-Un," Sesshomaru orders and Jaken complies.

I don't wait for Sesshomaru and pass through the barrier then head to the familiar temple to meet the Coven twins. Unlike the first time, the twins immediately transform into their human form without needing to scare me off.

"You seem troubled," Rovan asks, and I just smile at her. Telling her won't change the non-existent relationship between Sesshomaru and me.

"I came here to ask about something important. Would you mind inviting us in?" I state, and the twins lead us inside the temple.

I hope they have all the answers because it won't be an easy task to find them on my own. Unexpectedly, unlike the first time, the temple looks more like an actual temple. A lot of carvings on the wall grab my attention, and as I walk over to feel them, Linda inquires, "What is it that you seek?"

I get startled and turn in her direction while saying, "I've come to ask about the dormant Gods. Do you have information about who they are, and how many are left?"

"Are you aware of the extent of your question?" Rovan warns me.

However, there is no backing down now. Toga brought me here for information. Information won't hurt, right?

"Yes, kindly tell me all you know," I confidently say.

I hear Linda sigh and watch her as she clears her throat, "There are a total of 17 remaining Gods, excluding Anubis. Two of them are under Anubis's watch, meaning they are harmless since they have no connection to this world, and those Gods are Hades and Osiris."

Hades and Osiris, those names sound so familiar to me.

Rovan steps in and continues Linda's words, "One God I have to warn you about is Kagutsuchi. This mountain is built on his buried body under a deep volcano at the centre. If he awakes, every God dormant here will instantly wake up, and no one will be able to stop them."