Chapter 51

I take my time to put Inuyasha to bed and watch him slowly fall asleep. Of course, Sesshomaru has been long gone. I take one last glance at Inuyasha and leave the room to head to the palace's garden. I walk towards the balcony to get to Ah-Un, but I don't find it. I sigh, realizing that something has changed. Ah-Un doesn't wait for me anymore. It's not mine.

Now, I'll have to go to the garden the old way.

I walk along the long hallway and descend the stairs like any human being, taking the long way down to the garden. I didn't realize it would take that long to reach such a place. Ah-Un made everything seem so close. Upon my arrival, I look at the night sky and take in the wind's scent for a few minutes, until I feel the presence of someone behind me.

I smirk, realizing it's Sesshomaru. I don't even need to look to confirm it. "I thought you'd avoid this conversation," I say as I look at the beautiful night scenery.

"Why would I?" He doesn't hesitate to answer.

I let out an inaudible chuckle and continue, "Because I have a feeling you know what I'm going to talk about." He chooses to stay silent, so I hum in the silence, realizing it's now or never.

"Do you have feelings for me?" I ask and get met by sheer silence again. Why is he annoying? Why can't he just give me a simple yes-no answer?

"Let me elaborate," I pause and think for a second before proceeding, "Do you-"

"You keep forgetting you are immortal," he cuts me off with those sharp words.

I click my tongue in annoyance and ask, "What does that have to do with my question?"

"You need to pull yourself out of this delusion. You have said it yourself. I will have a family in the future that doesn't include you," Sesshomaru doesn't stop throwing those harsh arrows towards my heart, breaking every last cell of it.

I frown and angrily utter, "Rin wasn't your first love, so stop acting all righteous. Kagura was the one who made that rock-hard heart feel the essence of love."

"What happened to her?" He calmly asks.

"She was killed," I bluntly answer and silence overwhelm the distance between us. Sesshomaru expression switches from calm to surprised upon hearing my words.

"You mean to say, I learned love and heartbreak. What nonsense are you saying," he rudely denies my words.

I sigh and ruffle my bangs in frustration, stating, "I don't care what you think. I'm just stating facts. Plus, it wasn't fun watching you experience it."

I glance at him from the corner of my eyes and avert my gaze the next moment, realizing it's no good talking to him. If he had any feelings for me, he would have said it. Sesshomaru might be the type to take his time, but he isn't the type to chicken out or lie about his feelings. Maybe, it's not time yet, or maybe it will never be.

I take a step ahead to leave the garden, finding it useless to waste time speaking to him. Going to bed would be a better idea-

"What more wasn't fun to watch me experience?" He suddenly utters, making me halt.

I internally tilt my head and hear Athanasia giggle in my head. She must have the same thoughts running through both our minds.

Sesshomaru isn't letting me go.

I hold my stance and fist my hand, saying, "The disappointed gaze your eyes held when the Meido Zangetsuha was condemned to get cast out of Tenseiga."

I hear him take slow steps towards me while uttering, "And!"

I hum for a moment, pretending to think and then say, "The defeated gaze your eyes held when you lost Rin for the second time."

I don't need time to think of all the moments Sesshomaru had an appearance because just like now, every time he shows up in front of me, whether it be on screen or in real life, my heart always skips countless beats.

He stands right behind me and whispers, "And!"

I gulp and slowly turn to face him but without looking at his eyes. I lift my palm and place it on his chest armour, saying, "That one moment when you experienced the true meaning of getting caught off guard when someone pierced a hole in your chest, calling you weak." I pause as I remember the scene when Magatsuhi rudely mocked Sesshomaru. That scene pissed me off, and it still pisses me off to this day. How dare he!

"I won't allow anyone to call you weak," I angrily but calmly utter under my breath.

"I will be waiting to experience all that," He says, catching me off guard.

I lift my head and look at him in confusion. Is he serious? No! I won't let any of that happen. I will kill Naraku no Onigumo to prevent any of that from happening. If history repeats itself, what's the point of my presence then?

"No," I unconsciously mutter. "I will pluck out the root of this world's misery. I took rid of So'unga, next will be Onigumo, and later Kirinmaru will follow," I proceed to say my plan, which I'm sure is the wrong call because I have a feeling Sesshomaru will try to stop me.

He narrows his eyebrows at me and takes off but suddenly halts, looking down at me, saying, " Gods and Goddesses seem to enjoy creating instead of living."

I dumbfoundedly watch him as he flies off with a blank mind. He looked disappointed, but I don't get it. Why is he annoyed by what I'm doing? Why is he so ungrateful?

"Your conversation with him must have ended on bad terms," I hear Toga approaching.

I sigh for having no energy left in me to start a conversation with the father of that stubborn demon I love. "It always does," I answer and turn in his direction to greet him.

Toga brightly smiles at me and says, "I missed having you here. Izayoi and Inukimi tried sending me off to Anubis to find you, but I assume he refused to help us."

"Refused?" I question.

"We called him many times, but he didn't answer any of our calls, and I'm sure he heard us well and decided to ignore our calls since he might have found it unnecessary to worry," He elaborates, and again, I hear Athanasia giggle which makes me roll my eyes.

'Yeah, Anubis sees everything and hears everything. He knew the two of you were safe, so he didn't find a reason to interfere,' Athanasia shrugs as if three years were three minutes. I rub it off and cross my arms, then raise my eyebrow at Toga.

It's now the time for the big talk. I'm already all heated up from the conversation with Sesshomaru, so I will get this over with.

"What happened to Inuyasha?" I inquire.

Toga averts his gaze and rubs the tip of his nose while innocently uttering, "Nothing."

"You know that he sleeps in my room. In fact, he is now sleeping in my room. That doesn't sound like nothing to me," I say and try to meet his eyes, but he just keeps running away.

He sighs in defeat and finally meets my gaze, saying, "I got him out of his room two years ago when he started walking and left him outside the palace for a month. Izayoi kept pestering me to bring him back, so I brought him back, but he was unable to calm down, not even in his room. One night, Irgal came to me, telling me that Inuyasha sneaked inside your room and fell asleep."

"But why my room?"

▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬

Let's pretend, I'm not one day late. 👁️👁️

I wrote this chapter on Friday, but I didn't like it, so I had to rewrite it from scratch which took a lot of time. I'm glad I did because I'm super satisfied with it now 🤗

See you later 🍬

-👑 Noorie.