Chapter 11

I decide to stay in my room as a hiding place from Sesshomaru. I really don't want to bump into him because I have nothing to tell him, and if he insists, I will be too embarrassed to explain to him my sudden outburst. I can't just go tell him it's because I am in love with you that would be extremely childish.

After an hour of being in my room alone, someone knocks on the door, and I hear the demon guards announce Lady Izayoi's name so I get from bed and head to the door to greet her. "I see. Sesshomaru is up now," she says.

I smile at her and reply, "He hasn't completely recovered yet, but he is in presentable shape, I would say." The two of us walk towards the chairs and take a seat.

"Toga told me about the state Sesshomaru was in so I came to check up on you. You seem fine though," she asks, making me tilt my head in confusion. "He told me Sesshomaru scratched your neck, didn't he?"

As her words hit me, I place my hand on my neck. "There is no marking of a scratch, but it stings a little," I answer.

"Oh dear, then you must let it be looked at."

"I'm pretty sure it's nothing. The sting might be from the shock that's all," I reassure her and ask her to stay relaxed for the sake of the baby. I still can't believe I will live to see Inuyasha as a baby, but I won't be there to see him grow up cause surely I will be back to my time by then.

"I'm really thankful for the last time for telling me about Inuyasha's future. May I ask you about you?" She asks me catching me off-guard. No one asked me about me because I knew my life wasn't interesting one bit.

"Well, I am 19 years old, and my name is Zuri. I have a younger sister called Jane. I live with my parents," I pause and glance at her. "Not interesting, isn't it?" I proceed, but she quickly denies it and asks me to go on.

But I have nothing more to mention. That's it. That's all about me. I can't say I watch anime all day and read manga all night, go to Comic Con every year or fail school. These things are better left unsaid.

"I like reading history books in my free time, and this time period is my favourite. I honestly don't know how I came here and why this place specifically, but there is one thing I am sure of that I was in a dangerous car accident before waking up in this place," I say and watch her expression change from calm to anxious.

"What do you mean by a car accident?" She inquires since the word car is unfamiliar to her so I decide to give an explanation.

"A car is a vehicle that humans in the future use for transportation instead of horses and flying demons," I elaborate, and she gives out an understanding sigh.

"What about the accident part?"

"I crashed into a big car on a hill so I am supposed to be dead, but for some reason, I woke up in the forest in this period," I say which makes her pout.

"You speak so lightly of death, dear," She warns me with a gentle gaze. I shrug and continue with our conversation.

I know the only explainable thing for my presence here is by going through the bone eater's well, but still, I am countries apart from the well's entrance which is in Japan in the Higurashi shrine. Plus I don't have the Shikon jewel, and it's just a myth.

Nothing is real.

I internally sigh and hear another knock on the door. It will be awkward if it's Inukimi this time. However, one of the guards opens the door, telling me, "The great lord is asking for your presence in his study." As the guard finishes relaying his command, he leaves the room and closes the door.

I look at Izayoi and the two of us decide to go together to Inu no Taisho's study. As I enter the unguarded room, Toga greets me with a smile. "I'm glad to see you in great shape. I was worried Sesshomaru would have left a toll on you," he says and approaches Izayoi. "And you my dearest, shouldn't you be resting?" He directs his words to Izayoi who smiles and asks him not to worry since she got enough rest for the day.

Unlike us, Izayoi takes a seat, and Toga starts off by saying, "Now that So'unga is successfully destroyed, shouldn't we get to the next step which is killing Takemaru of Setsuna?"

I nibble on my fingers as I overheat my brain's gears while thinking of the correct thing to do, leaving me to ask for someone, "Where is Myoga? I need to ask him first to look for someone."

Toga squints his eyes in confusion and says, "I'm not surprised that you know about Myoga, but I'm wondering what you need of him that I can't do."

"It's not like that. I just need him to find the demon Ryukotsusei for he is a formidable foe," I clarify, leaving Toga to hum to himself. "I just want Myoga to see if Ryukotsusei is causing any uproars because if the demon is loose, your life is still in danger, and I won't allow you to go on your own to fight him. Sesshomaru is still recovering which means you'll have to stay low for now. Destroying So'unga is a huge step so let's celebrate it by taking a break from hunting," I proceed, but with just a few glances at Toga, I immediately realize that this man didn't like a word I said.

Did my words show that I was belittling him?

"I apologize if my words seemed offensive. I am just trying to assure your safety," I say and see his expression loosen up a little.

He sighs and answers, "I understand, child. I will discuss this matter with Myuga and get back to you." As he ends his words, the conversation comes to an end, and I leave the room. I give a thankful sigh that I didn't ruin my relationship with Toga. Man, I'd hate to be on his bad side.

As I leave the room, I hear a slight giggle from Izayoi, leaving me to smile. I'm glad to listen to her laugh and enjoy herself since the only thing I have ever witnessed from her were tears and sorrowful expressions towards Inuyasha for being a half-breed living among humans.

I head to my room and greet the guards, but one of them says, "Lord Sesshomaru is the room."

I tilt my head in confusion and ask, "Did he walk through the door? I doubt it."

"I just assumed you'd like to know," the guard answers while being taken aback, so I giggle at his expression.

"It's fine. I'll take that as my expectation is correct, like father-like son. Also, next time don't warn me of lord Sesshomaru's presence in my room, I'd like to be surprised," I say and wink at the guard teasingly to see his flustered expression.

This demon guard is actually kind of cute. He has a petite figure, unlike the other one. The two sides of his hair are uneven, one side is noticeably shorter than the other. Ah, and it's green just like his eyes. Cute, tiny and beautiful just like his name Irgal. Anyway, there is a tall, big and handsome guy waiting for me in my room. He better not be wanting to continue our earlier conversation.

I enter my room and see him lying on my bed so I sigh. Yes, he is sleeping. I should have figured. I cross my arms and ask, "If you are here to just sleep, go to your room."

"My room doesn't have a bed," he calmly answers to my surprise. Wow, he answered me. I thought I won't receive a reply. What does he really want?

I sigh and grab a snack from the tray then take the chair beside the bed to eat while I watch Sesshomaru. "I have so many questions for you, but I don't know if you'll answer any of them," I say while munching on the food still thinking he won't give me a reply, but surprisingly this conversation isn't a one-sided conversation.

"Didn't you say, you know everything about me?"

I snort and state, "Not really everything. I don't know the basic things. Like what do demons eat? How long do demons normally sleep? Your age is a controversy too, and What makes you think that compassion is an unnecessary trait for you?" I take a minute and stop munching on my food then glance at Sesshomaru to find him sleeping with his eyes turned red.

Yup, those questions will stay unanswered.

I swallow the remaining food and slightly approach Sesshomaru's side, whispering, "In my world, I should be dead so my wish is to stay here with everyone and never wake up from this beautiful dream."

▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬

So who thinks she is dreaming, and who thinks she actually went back in time? 🤔

See you later 🍬

-👑 Noorie.