Chapter 63

Upon Inu no Taisho's command, we step into the palace with his army surrounding every inch of the northern palace. As Toga and Inukimi lead the way, Sesshomaru and I follow. Inuyasha keeps a short distance between us, but I hear him follow us as well without being driven by fear. What has Toga told him to fill him up with this much confidence?

Expectedly, something or maybe someone stops Toga and Inukimi, leaving us no other option but to stop too. Athanasia takes a step forward to get involved in whatever is happening. 

In a serious manner, Dionysus looks at Athanasia, asking, "How did you get in here?"

He better be worried about Zeus.

Athanasia smirks and runs her fingers through her hair, answering, "Anubis is celebrating Zeus' arrival. It's an open invitation you know."

As Athanasia's words hang in the air, tension crackles like lightning in Dionysus' eyes. With a flick of his wrist, Dionysus summons forth his divine energy, wreathing himself in a swirling aura of wine-dark magic. His eyes gleam with a dangerous glint as he glares at Toga. 

However, Sesshomaru suddenly stands in front of his father and mutters, "This fight is mine."

Sesshomaru, unperturbed by the God's display, narrows his golden eyes, the air around him thickening with the lethal potency of expanding aura that only I can see. For the first time, I see his aura in the form of his youki which looks more like armour, ready to protect him from any type of attack. He may be facing a deity, but Sesshomaru is no stranger to challenging opponents.

Even though I'm aware of that, Sesshomaru has never fought a God at full power because none of them took Sesshomaru seriously and were all taken down by surprise without having time to counterattack him. This time, it's different since Dionysus understands that quite well, and Zeus' death won't go unanswered for.

As the first move, Dionysus launches himself forward, his form blurring as he moves with the agility of a God. I bite my lips filled with anxiety as I see him strike with a blast of divine energy, aiming to overwhelm Sesshomaru with sheer force. But the Sesshomaru is swift to counter, evading the attack with grace and fluidity.

Toga narrows his eyes and places his hand on Tessaiga, preparing to interfere. However, Athanasia warns, "Don't even think about wasting an ounce of your energy on Dionysus because there is a far more formidable one, waiting for you. Watch Dionysus closely because everything he does, Odin will do the total opposite."

In response to Dionysus's attack, Sesshomaru unsheaths Tenryu, summoning his unchallenged technique 'Heaven's Wrath'. He strikes Dionysus with venomus lightning who quickly summons large vines to shield himself against Sesshomaru's attack. Calmly, Sesshomaru watches the thorns slowly get untucked and dissipate into ash. 

Dionysus's eyes darken at Sesshomaru as anger overtakes him while saying, "You left a scratch on my face."

"After this attack, your body should be left in pieces," Sesshomaru answers while looking at Tenryu in confusion. 

I narrow my eyes unable to understand his confused expression. Is there something with Tenryu?

'Tenryu is immune to magic, and Dionysus's vines aren't magical which makes sense. Dionysus will be unable to heal that wound, never,' Athanasia elaborates.

Anger clouds Dionysus's mind and movements, he fights back fiercely, his movements unpredictable. He summons forth vines and thorny brambles from thin air as if this planet is part of his domain. At some point through the fight, he succeeds in ensnaring Sesshomaru, aiming to drain him of his aura.