Chapter 16

She doesn't give me a chance to answer her and suddenly disappears like smoke while I remain alone in this darkness. I crouch and close my eyes then silently pray for Sesshomaru to be safe.

I wish no one gets hurt.

Out of nowhere, I feel a hand on my shoulder so I quickly look up to see Sesshomaru in front of me with blood stains on his face. In worry, I get up to hold his face in my hands, but that's when I see it, I see both my hands covered in blood. Unexpectedly, blood keeps running from my hands as if I am the one bleeding-

But I feel no pain.

I look around in panic and see body parts all over the place. My stomach growls in anger and vomit starts to pile up in my throat. I turn around to relieve myself only to be met by Ryukotsusei's severed head. I halt frozen in my place. 

I think I'm gonna faint. My eyes turn to focus from Ryukotsusei's eyes to the blood and Mayazma covering the ground and reaching to my feet. I frantically take steps back until I hit my back into Sesshomaru who holds my arm and turns me in his direction. I rest my hands on his chest armour and look at his boots, trying to even my breathing.

I'm having a panic attack. I never had one. I'm not like those mentally weak people who get traumatized over something like blood. I have watched numerous horror and gore movies, but is really experiencing something different? It feels like it is.

I shut my eyes and continue to calm myself. I focus on myself so much and forget that the person I am leaning on is actually Sesshomaru so I quickly retract my red hands away from him and mutter an apology.

"Sesshomaru," I say to grab his attention, but it comes out as a whisper as my throat feels hoarse so I clear it and continue with my gaze stuck to the ground, "D-did I do all this?"

"You already know the answer to that," He bluntly answers.

I shouldn't be this weak. It's just an evil demon that I had no other option but to kill. It would have taken the lives of all the people I cherish, so it's fine.

Yeah-

It's fine.

I numbly walk towards Ah-Un and climb on it. I hold onto the bridle and say to Sesshomaru, "Take Ryukotsusei's head and let Totosai forge you a sword with its fang." 

I don't give myself a chance to hear a reply from him and just fly off with Ah-Un back to the palace. It must be safe now since I somehow took care of the threat AKA Ryukotsusei. Hopefully, Toga was successful in bringing Izayoi safely. 

Ah-Un lands in the throne room, and I head to Inukimi who's back facing me, but as she hears the murmurs of the other demons which I am ignoring, she turns to look at me with a shocked expression. "What in the world happened to you, Zuri? You look hurt," she utters with concern.

"It's not my blood. Is Inu no Taisho back with Lady Izayoi?" I ask, averting her attention to Izayoi. The last thing I need right now is a reality check on how I look at the moment. 

"Yes, they just arrived a minute ago," She answers while still looking at me from head to toe. 

I nod and walk in the long hallway, aiming to go to Izayoi's room. Before I could knock on the door, it opens with Toga in front of me. He suddenly frowns in concern and utters some words I don't seem to hear or remember. I see Izayoi tear up and leave her bed then pull my hand to the bath in the room. 

Her mouth keeps moving but words aren't coming through to my head so I have to decipher them on my own.

'Worry- you. -care of yourself. You - have stayed safe.'

My head hurts. I'm too tired to do that. I know she is just worried about me. Though I don't remember anything because that Goddess of Immortality did all the job. Yet why do I feel exhausted? Is it because it's still my body she used?

Izayoi continues to rub off the blood covering me from head to toe. I look at the water that now is turned light red from the amount of blood. I feel myself smile as I think how it gives off a good meme for the period going wrong. 

"Are you okay, dear?" I finally hear Izayoi clearly so I nod my head and utter a thank you.

I stand up and get out of the bath to grab my stained Kimono, but Izayoi gives me another one from hers. I glance at the bed and see Inu no Taisho just sitting there, probably enjoying my nude view.

"Dear, you shouldn't be staring at a young lady like that," Izayoi scolds Toga who doesn't say much and just glances some other way.

I giggle and sassily say, "It's not like I am a Goddess."

'But you are.'

I halt as I hear the familiar voice. Now, I know it's her. 

"Leave, your scent is confusing," Toga firmly says to me which makes me tilt my head.

'How impressive? He noticed my presence. Lend me your body for a minute, I'll let you watch-'

Watch! 

I suddenly feel myself walk towards Toga. I try to stop myself, but I have no freaking control over my body. Is she already taking control without giving me a chance to approve? This stupid-

"Is it confusing now too?" She says with a smirk.

Toga gets up from the bed, as she continues to approach him, he moves back. I don't want to do this, damn it. I'm freaking naked. The kimono isn't tied up. I'm sorry Toga, and I hope you can handle this situation because I have no clue how to do that.

"Who are you?" Toga asks her, but she just giggles.

She leans towards him and whispers, "But it won't be any fun if I tell you, my child."

Toga widens his eyes as well as I. Did she just call him, child? Oh God, I need help. Yes, she is a Goddess which means she is ancient- ANCIENT. Why is an ancient's soul inside my body?

"Gosh, you are so loud. Take back your body," She rolls her eyes, and I suddenly get back control of my body which isn't the best time because I fall onto Toga who just catches me by my arms thankfully not touching anything.

I wish I could disappear right this moment. 

I balance myself and Toga lets go. I quickly tie the kimono properly, and I face Izayoi while bowing. "I'm sorry. It wasn't me. I hope you forgive whatever happened here," I direct my words to Izayoi.

"But I was the one being toyed with," Toga says from behind me whom I ignore. Yes, he is right, but I did all this in front of his wife. 

I internally growl and leave the room to head to mine. Irgal greets me at the door and I invite him inside since I need to ask him something. "Are you fine, my lady?" he asks me in concern so I smile at him and nod my head.

"You don't need to worry. I just want to ask something of you," I pause and bite my lips. "Since your time guarding me, have you noticed any change in my scent?" I ask and wait for his answer.

He thinks for a moment and says, "Ah, yes, one time. Lord Sesshomaru was here too. I got worried when I heard some rustling inside, but the lord told me not to interfere so I followed the orders and went back to my post."

What is he talking about?

"When did that happen?" I ask.

"Hmm, it was on the day Lord Inu no Taisho sealed Ryukotsusei, " Irgal answers which makes me think because that's when Sesshomaru acted strange. He said I went back to bed and nothing happened.

What really happened that day?

▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬

I reached 2k reads 😭😭 I'm truly grateful to all my readers. Thanks a ton for showing this book your support.

I'll try my best to keep this book going so keep showing your support 🥰

Now now tell me, how many of u are excited about the Goddess's appearance?😉

See you later 🍬

-👑 Noorie.