Chapter 7

The word confusion is not enough explanation for what I'm witnessing right now. Inukimi is standing before us with a soft smile, A SOFT SMILE. I can't believe I'm actually describing her smile with the adjective soft because that woman is far from soft. I watch as Inu no Taisho extends his hand for Inukimi to hold it, and he gently pulls her to his side then places his hand on her back while introducing Izayoi with his other hand. Inukimi smiles, and they shake their hands, leaving me dumbfounded by what my eyes are witnessing. 

"I prepared a humble feast for you. Might it bring you joy," Inukimi says to Izayoi who blushes and looks at Inu no Taisho. He gestures for her to accept the invitation and the four of us enter the palace hall to see huge dining tables prepared, filled with all types of human food. The demons are enjoying their time too as if Inukimi is truly genuine about allowing Izayoi into her home.

I have a bad feeling about this hospitality. 

Inukimi, Inu no Taisho and Izayoi stand in the centre of the hall as Inukimi announces Izayoi to everyone, "Your lord has brought a welcomed friend, and this friend is with child. Today we celebrate the arrival of Inu no Taisho's second wife for I will be glad to share a portion of my burden with her."

Toga smiles and says, "I am truly grateful to have such a supportive wife. Let's celebrate today, and worry about nothing."

I rub my temples in frustration at the said words. Am I a fool? What is happening here? Nothing here makes sense to me other than the disaster that should follow after all this loving atmosphere. 

I sigh and approach Inu no Taisho as I finally notice the absence of the three swords so I ask him, and he simply answers me, "I leave them in my study in times of celebrations. You have nothing to worry about and just enjoy the feast." He gently pats my shoulder and joins his wives. Wow, that man really doesn't know the meaning of fear.

I look around and notice Sesshomaru is finally making his appearance. The demons open a path for him while bowing so I approach him instead of standing alone amidst the scary demons. "Your mother prepared a feast," I state the obvious while looking at the demons enjoying themselves.

"I can see that," he coldly answers while he leans on the wall behind us.

"I thought you were angry hence what happened earlier," I playfully say.

"Mother sent for me."

Surprisingly Sesshomaru answers me so I take it as an opening and speak up my mind, saying, "This peaceful celebration is making me feel uncomfortable. Something bad is going to happen." I whisper to him, knowing he'll hear me amidst the loud hall.

"And I don't feel comfortable with you around," he announces to me, so I roll my eyes at him and ignore his comment by staying silent.

He always finds a way to shut me up. tsk.

In the middle of the hall, Toga, Inukimi and Izayoi stand with glasses in their hands while chatting with one another about God knows what. During this peaceful atmosphere, sudden growls grab both Sesshomaru and my attention so we glance in the direction of the commotion, that's when I notice a demon approaching Izayoi.

I have seen this demon before, isn't he the guard in front of Toga's study? Shouldn't he stay there to keep the swords well-protected?

I change my stance and become more anxious about knowing So'unga is left unguarded. I watch as the demon pushes his way through the others to reach Toga- or is he reaching Izayoi's side?  My eyes widen at noticing the presence of So'unga being dragged by the demon.

NO- 

This can't be happening.

"Inu no Tai-" I scream, but before I can finish calling his name out to notice the danger, the demon brutally pierces Izayoi's heart with So'unga, leaving her hanging in the air by the wicked sword. 

I fall to my knees upon witnessing this cruel seen not understanding the reason behind this change of events. She shouldn't die yet. This is so ahead of schedule. Why is So'unga acting too fast?

Toga firmly holds the sharp end of the sword with a furious look. However, the demon harshly pulls the sword out of Izayoi, staining itself with both Toga and Izayoi's blood before disappearing into thin air with a warning.

'You will soon follow, the great Inu no Taisho.'

"You must feel comfortable now," I hear Sesshomaru mockingly whisper in my ears and teleport from my side to become in front of Toga. 

"Bring me Tensaiga," I hear Toga order Sesshomaru who doesn't budge. He won't go. Sesshomaru will rather watch Izayoi and Inuyasha die than do something to save them.

Damn it.

I curse under my breath and rush out of the hall to Toga's study. As expected, the door is wide open so I quickly look for Tensaiga and grab both the swords then head to the hall. God, they are heavy. I hand over the swords to Toga and put their bickering to an end. Thankfully, it isn't too late and Toga revives Izayoi who hides in his arms for a second before calming down and pulling away.  

Even though I see Izayoi well and alive, my heart refuses to beat any slower. My panic hasn't subsided not one bit. I leave the hall and silently walk to the Windmill of Time. I look up at it in agonizing pain and regret. I shouldn't have said anything to Toga in the presence of So'unga. Now, So'unga knows everything because of me. I foolishly told Inu no Taisho every detail, forgetting So'unga's presence. Now, I am sure that Sword won't stand by to watch Toga and his family flourish, but he'll make sure to see the end of the Inu clan.

If I go to my time, I won't have to face what might happen here because of me. 

I sadly sigh and notice someone's presence so I turn and see Sesshomaru, but I just turn back to look at the Windmill of Time not wanting to face Sesshomaru for the time being. "Your father's death is inevitable," I say and lower my head.

"So you are running away is that what you are saying," he says which angers me so I look at him and furiously clench my fists.

"You refused to help your father, and you still have the guts to call me a coward. You might not know this, but YOU ran away. YOU were the one who refused to help your father. Instead, YOU watched him die and chose to hunt Inuyasha all his life. Do you know what you did when your father indirectly asked for your help? You told him to hand over his swords to you before leaving. You are the worst, and yet I am here trying to right your wrongs so don't you dare tell me that I am running away," I yell and storm away from him and head inside the palace to my room.

I will not run away. I will stay and do everything I can to stop Toga from dying. I don't need Sesshomaru to help me because everything is inside my head, so let this stupid game begin. I refuse to lose no matter what.

In front of my room, I find Toga standing with worry overwhelming every movement he is making so I clear my throat for him to notice my presence which works. "So'unga is gone, and I don't feel its presence," he announces, leaving me to sigh and think.

"So'unga will seek blood and will eventually find another owner. He already has a portion of your blood which will quench a bit of his thirst until he finds Takemaru, but fear nothing for he can't simply overtake a normal human," I say which baffles Toga who asks for more details, leaving me to smirk because one thing I didn't mention before.

"He doesn't have Sesshomaru's arm."

▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬

Hello there new readers 🤗

This book is growing, and I love it.

 Ah~

Who thinks Inukimi is plotting something evil, and who thinks she is doing it from the good of her heart? 🤔

See you later 🍬

-👑 Noorie.