Chapter 12

A slight whisper wakes me up so I heavily open my eyes to be met by an empty bed. A sigh leaves me as I turn to the balcony realizing the dancing curtains. Sesshomaru must have just gotten up, but did he say something to me in my sleep? I brush it off as I loudly yawn. If he wanted to tell me something, he won't whisper it in my sleep. Sesshomaru isn't that type of a demon.

I get off the chair and brush my hair then leave it loose. I sigh upon seeing how the roots of my hair are clearly purple which makes me hate the difference in colors my hair is experiencing. "Izayoi might have a solution for that," I whisper to myself and decide to find her.

It takes me a few minutes before I find her in the huge garden, so I rush to her and kneel beside her. "What are you doing?" I ask which startles her.

"My dear, you surprised me," she says but giggles after. "I'm picking some flowers to put in my room," she answers my question, leaving me to hum.

"May I ask for your assistance?" I ask and she immediately nods. "I pigmented my hair black during the time I came from so does this time have anything that can get rid of that black dye?" I proceed while pointing at my head to show her the problem I am facing, hoping for a positive reply.

"Yes, follow me to my room. I have some herbs there that will help," she reassures me which makes my eye sparkle.

Even though I dye my hair black, I love the purple color of my hair. I remember being impatient about finishing high school so I can stop dying my hair and just keep the beautiful purple decorating my head.

My favourite color.

After reaching Izayoi's room, she invites me in. Wow, I haven't been into her room yet and it's beyond gorgeous. Aside from the huge bed, wardrobe and exquisite mirror set, there is a huge bath. I look around the room in awe and lift my head up to look at the ceiling which shocks me even more. 

Magnificent drawings of the Inu clan fill the ceiling. Their full demon form is the only form drawn, making me open my mouth agape. "This is gorgeous," I say and feel Izayoi approaching me.

"This is my dearest, and this is Sesshomaru. I think this is Lady Inukimi and that one is my dearest's father," she points out the ones she knows while the rest remain unknown to the two of us. 

After taking my time admiring the beauty of the ceiling, Izayoi tells me to get soaked in the water so the herbs could get their effect. I do as she says, and she starts applying the herbs to my hair while we chat. "Purple isn't a common human hair color," she remarks.

I hum and say, "It is not, but I love it."

"You'll have to stay in the water for thirty more minutes then gently rub your hair. The dark pigment will instantly melt into the water," Izayoi says and gets up.

She probably has other things to do. I slightly turn my head to watch her as she places the flowers she picked in a transparent vase on the bed's side table and leaves the room to God knows where. I huff and make water bubbles in annoyance at being left alone. 

I decide to rest my head on the bath's edge while admiring the ceiling, but in a few minutes, I find myself surrendering to sleep. I instantly open my eyes and find myself still in the bath not realizing how much time has passed so I run my fingers through my hair to find the black dye slipping through my hair just like Izayoi mentioned. I gently rub my hair in the water and feel slightly bad about staining the clear water.

After making sure most of the pigment is gone, I decide to get out of the bath and look in front of the mirror to see if there are any more herbs left in my hair. However, the moment I turn around, I see Toga comfortably resting on the bed while watching me. From the shock, I stay stunned in my place underwater. "What are you doing here?" I manage to say.

"What are YOU doing in my room?" He asks with I swear I see a smug smirk on his face. 

"Lady Izayoi invited me over," I answer and try to find anything that I can cover myself with because my kimono is on the damn bed, Toga is sitting on. I'm literally naked right now. Thank God the water isn't clear anymore.

I hear a slight giggle and look at Toga, seeing him hold my kimono and wait for me at the edge of the bath to get out. I will never get out. I am fucking naked. It's not that I feel embarrassed which is true, but this man is SESSHOMARU'S FATHER. 

"Can you close your eyes?" I whisper while looking down, hoping he won't ask questions and will just do as I ask. Gladly I hear him hum, and as I look up at him, I see him closing his eyes so I quickly get out of the water and cover myself with the Kimono while running to hide behind one of the dressing screens in the room.

"Can you manage on your own or do you want me to call for someone to assist you?" he playfully asks which makes me roll my eyes.

I get out from behind the dressing screen to show him. "I can wear kimonos on my own now," I proudly cross my arms and watch him genuinely laugh which brings warmth into my heart, leaving me to smile as well.

As I admire him, I unconsciously and slowly approach him while saying, "Toga." I pause for a second and look into his golden eyes while proceeding, "You are too precious to be brought down by anyone who isn't God." I place my hand on his cheek and watch him widen his eyes which for some reason doesn't startle me, as I continue to say, "Do not throw your life away no matter the cause because you are irreplaceable."

It takes me a second to realize what I did and said so I quickly retract my hand and Toga turns his head slightly away from me so I apologize and rush out of the room. I don't wait to hear a reply from him because what do I expect him to say? I'm sure he'll be flushed; an expression I don't want to see. Fuck, what was I even thinking? I called him by his name and touched him without consent. I wish the ground would split and swallow me whole.

Thankfully, I reach my room and decide to distract myself by looking at my hair in the mirror, admiring how beautiful it become. A slight breeze invades my room, and I see a glittering reflection in the mirror so I turn around to find Sesshomaru sitting on my balcony's fence, watching the sky. 

"I see that you have undyed your hair," he says and turns his head to look at me.

"Yes, Lady Izayoi helped me out," I announce and approach the balcony to join his sky-gazing. "Are you fully recovered yet?" I ask and receive a hum that consoles my heart, but why is he here? He sure isn't here just to chat with me.

"I remember," he says amidst the silence, making me hum in confusion and look at him in wait for him to finish his phrase. 

"I remember digging my claws into your neck."

▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬

I remember rewriting this chapter 2 times 😅 Since I don't like throwing away what I write, I copied and pasted it in a part named "Bullshit" so yeah I have a bullshit chapter in my drafts, and it's currently at 3k words.

I know it's just a piece of useless information, but I wanted to share it with you~

And I hope you enjoyed the chapter 😉

See you later 🍬

-👑 Noorie.