Chapter 13

"I remember digging my claws into your neck," Sesshomaru utters while looking at me from the corner of his eyes. "So explain to me the absence of a scar on your neck," he continues.

I suddenly remember the word he whispered while leaving my room in the morning. Nothing was what he said. Was he searching for a scar on my neck while I was sleeping and got disappointed by finding nothing then left? Was that what happened?

"Sesshomaru," I firmly utter his name then pause for a moment and continue, "there is no scar on my neck because your claws didn't dig into me like you presume. Your father was fast enough to snatch me away from you."

We stay silent for a second before turning his attention away from me. "Plus I won't have been just suffering from a scar, but from poison too. I think that is enough proof that you are mistaken," I remark to make myself clear and get the idea out of his head.

How ignorant of me to think that Sesshomaru could skip 200 years of stubbornness.

"You have a visitor," Sesshomaru suddenly announces, so I glance at the door and with huge force the door busts open with a weeping Izayoi rushing to me.

"He left. He went after a dragon. I don't remember its name. I tried to stop him, but he ignored me and just walked away. He wasn't himself. Please, Zuri. Try to stop him. Sesshomaru you too. I beg of you to stop your father," she hurriedly says while holding onto me for dear life.

A dragon?

"Please, calm down first and tell us the details," I say after glancing at Sesshomaru, making sure he didn't leave yet which means he is interested but won't show it.

I pull Izayoi to the chair and make sure she takes a seat then wait for her to take a breath. "Advisor Myoga came to Toga and gave him some piece of information regarding a powerful dragon yokai, but he advised him to not act hasty. However, he stormed out of the room, disregarding Advisor Myoga's advice," Izayoi utters while looking at her hands in helplessness. 

"Earlier when I went to the room to find you, he was the only one there, but his expression was filled with anger. An expression I have never seen before. I worry for him deeply. Zuri, will you convince him to come back?" she pleads to me as she holds my hand.

Powerful dragon Yokai! That must be Ryukotsusei, but what about Toga's sudden flood of anger? That demon lord is driven by emotions more than I expected him to be. He is certainly dangerous to himself.

"Sesshomaru, do you happen to know the location of Ryukotsusei?" I ask as I leave Izayoi's side and walk towards the balcony to get to Ah-Un.

"I don't, but I can track my father's scent," Sesshomaru replies, so I tell him to lead the way without looking at him. Who am I kidding, he'll just have that same stoic look so there is no need to spare him even a glance.

I get on Ah-Un while Sesshomaru leads the way. Sure thing, this is not a good time to chat with my prince charming because the king is going to throw his life away so the only thing that needs to be on my mind is a plan to get rid of Ryukotsusei and get Toga out of that place alive.

As I recall, Ryukotsusei was sealed by Toga's fangs then Inuyasha eliminated it, but since we are so ahead of time, something might go sideways because another factor is So'unga's absence, meaning Toga's strongest weapon is not there. Even though it wasn't mentioned that Toga fought against Ryukotsusei with So'unga, I doubt he didn't.

"We are here," Sesshomaru announces, pulling me out of my thoughts. I hum at him and glance ahead of me to see a huge hole in Ryukotsusei's abdomen probably given by Toga, but something seems odd about it.