Chapter 34

Sesshomaru averts my gaze and calmly replies, "You don't need a jewel for that to come true."

I widen my eyes at his bold answer, and I swear I can feel my cheeks turning red. Is he flirting with me? Does he understand the meaning behind those words he just said? I internally sigh and rub my face with my palm to calm my emotions.

I get off the bed, but suddenly I feel my heart thundering against my chest, making me groan loudly in agony. What in the world is that pain coming from? I fall to my knees and clench my chest to lessen the ache, but it refuses to go away.

Sesshomaru suddenly disappears, and I let my body lean on the bed while sitting on the floor unable to move or find a reason for the pain. I'm sure he went to get help. What's going on, Athanasia? I have a feeling it's your doing. I heave in endless pain and hear the distant voice of a child crying so I assume Inuyasha woke up from the commotion. 

I'm sorry little one. I'm in so much pain and unable to look after you.

In little over a minute, the door flings open with Inu no Taisho, Sesshomaru and a few maids, barging inside. Toga orders the maid to take Inuyasha to another room and leave at once along with the guards. Of course, everyone obeys his orders, and now it's finally time for me to find a pain reliever because I don't think I will be able to live another minute in this torture.

My eyes feel heavy, and my headache increases tenfold. Everything hurts like hell. My heart, my head, my bones and seems like my body forgot the breathing mechanism so I'm forcing my body to breathe. If I was in my world, I'd definitely need to go to a hospital. 

I suddenly hear someone unsheathing his sword, so with my remaining energy, I look at Toga, seeing him unsheathing Tenseiga. Is he trying to awaken Athanasia? But-

But why are his eyes wide open? Why does he look confused and worried?

I look at his mouth and make out the words, 'She is fading.'

I'm too exhausted to even ask the meaning behind his words. I lose consciousness and stay quiet in the dark void all alone. I remember seeing Athanasia the first time I opened my eyes in that abyss, but now, I can't seem to feel her presence or any other being. I am all alone here, floating in the nothingness.

At least, I'm no longer in pain.

I lose track of time, and I start closing my eyes in exhaustion. The silence is too loud; I don't want to get used to it.

'I'm sorry. This body is too weak for two souls,' I hear faint whispers.

I remember now this body originally belonged to her. I don't even exist so it's fair that she takes it over. I'm glad I didn't have many ambitions, to begin with.

'I understand,' I answer as I completely get engulfed in the darkness.

As I stay stranded in the darkness with no time limit, I feel tears well up in my eyes. I try to contain them to show how strong I am, but- but there is no one there to show it off to. There is no one there but me. I hold my face in my palms, letting all the tears fall out. My heart crumbles at the thought of being in this dark place forever. A place where no one can reach me.

'Please, someone! I don't want to stay here,' I beg and reach out my hand to suddenly find myself in my bed.

I frantically look around unable to comprehend how I got here. I'm sure I was in that dark place alone. I quickly get out of bed and rush out of the room to look for either Sesshomaru or Toga, but I immediately halt when I realize the absence of both my guards.

Irgal would always greet me no matter the situation, so why isn't he in his usual post? I gulp the anxious knot that formed in my throat and continue rushing towards Toga's room. I rudely and worriedly barge inside his room to only be met by emptiness.