Chapter 37

I yawn loudly first thing in the morning but quickly remember that Inuyasha is sleeping. I peek behind me to look at him, but I find him awake, leaving me to giggle at his cuteness. "To be honest, I thought you'd be noisier, but unexpectedly, you are a quiet child," I smile at him and poke his nose then get off the bed.

I stop in front of the mirror and take another look at the foreign dress I have been wearing since I returned to my body. I'm not sure why she exchanged kimonos with this type of dress. Wait a moment! I rush to the wardrobe and sigh at the sight of the amount of foreign dresses present in there. I touch a few of them to get a better feel of their material, and surprisingly, I find it pleasing.

It's definitely more comfortable than the kimonos. 

A knock stops my thoughts, and I find a maid enter. She bows and heads to the bed in order to take Inuyasha. "It's time for the young Lord to be fed," She announces, and I give her permission to take him after recognizing her from before.

After watching Inuyasha leave peacefully, I take a final glance at myself in the mirror and leave the room. I walk along the long silent hall for a few minutes. "I see that you are awake now. Will you spare me some of your time?" Toga elegantly asks, and I trail behind him, ashamed of what Athanasia told me.

"While you were resting, I went with Athanasia to meet with the three other world rulers to make a joint treaty. Thankfully, It was a success, but that was only the first step to ensure the safety of this world. The second step begins with locating the dormant Gods. I have information that not all the Gods are at the Musubi mountain," Toga states, and I get confused.

He must be anxious about losing this world since I have told him that Demons cease to exist in the future, but-

"Why are you trying to stir them? If you look for them, they will get pissed and cause us trouble," I question his judgment.

Toga sighs and stops to explain, "Listen, I don't know what kind of powers the living Gods have, and I don't like not being prepared."

"Can't we just ask Athanasia?" I innocently suggest.

He ruffles his hair and answers, "I already did, and she doesn't know. Our last plan was to speak with the Coven. If they know who the remaining Gods are, it will narrow things down for Athanasia to help me figure out how to defeat them."

He wants to defeat the Gods! Does he seek supreme conquest like Sesshomaru? But that's suicide. Also, I'm sure Sesshomaru won't stay still and watch his father live through that glory alone so he will definitely join him and end up getting both of them killed.

I sigh and say, "I don't intend on seeing you going head-on with a God so kindly refrain from such thoughts."

"Huh! Did you forget that I just did a joint treaty? I won't be alone," He corrects my misunderstanding.

I think his words over, and I find them tempting, but still, I get worried because defeating a God is far from easy. "Fine, I will meet with the Coven," I reassure him. It seems like he won't back down. I have no choice but to go.

"In that case, I will take my leave. Have a good day," He smiles at me and walks away but suddenly halts for a moment. 

Did he forget to tell me something?

"Had Athanasia told you?" He asks, and I narrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"Is there something I should know of?" I ask back, but he just brushes it off and leaves instead.

She must have caused trouble, or was he talking about what she told me earlier? Are they really in a relationship? I shake my head in denial. No way, he would have told me. Toga isn't the shy type. I bet he is more of a straightforward one.